I'm not making sense :?

spongy
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2013, 6:54 am

meems wrote:
billiscool wrote:
meems wrote:
That is pretty awkward when an ex wants to get back together when you don't. It's hard, because that prevents friendship or really having anything to do with them. :(

maybe you could just pretend to be busy all the time, so she won't bother you.
good luck on solving your ex girlfriend problem.

It's not a problem, it's just weird. She needed somewhere to cry about this girl breaking up with her. I get a lot of credit from exes for being supportive and crap but I mostly just pretend to listen and I am somewhat convincing.

I lack emotional intelligence I think. That makes these situations awkward but the alternative is being a jerk and telling people to f**k off.

Welcome to my world meems.

You just have to sit there, throw in a few related sentences that sound like decent advice every now and then and say that you are sorry they are going through this repeatedly.

Dont ask me to go anywhere beyond that though(someone decided to start emailing me about her issues, awkwardest messages Ive written because I cant just sit there and say I understand, ended up making fun of the length of her messages, repeatedly which lead to some issues but she understands emails just arent my thing when it comes to emotional support)

Hollie1996
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

07 Jun 2013, 4:06 am

My ex and I hate each other we often swear at each other

EmoGlambertAspie
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2014, 8:42 pm

meems wrote:
EmoGlambertAspie wrote:
It was a couple days after we broke up for good. He told me to punch him because he knew I wanted to, and I did - and we both laughed about it, with him complimenting my left hook to my mother! We ended up staying friends for a while. He's one of those people who's a great person and gorgeous to boot, but not boyfriend material. Here's us together when we were still friends:

An Old Friend and I

I think I have a few exes who would've liked to have had the opportunity to punch me, at some point. That's a pretty adorable story and you're both super adorable. :)

He messaged me on Facebook a week ago and we had a nice long talk, and basically, everything is cool again. No hard feelings. :)