Page 1 of 3 [ 48 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Do you think leagues, in a dating sense, are the most ridiculous thing ever?
Yes 26%  26%  [ 6 ]
No 30%  30%  [ 7 ]
I love leagues, they made my gf dump me! 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
I love leagues, they kept me from heartbreak! 9%  9%  [ 2 ]
Leagues can burn in hell, guys think I am a 4 and I'm married. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Leagues are stupid, but they exist (I'm hopelessly in denial of my hawtness) 35%  35%  [ 8 ]
Total votes : 23

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2013, 10:06 pm

It is really true that beauty is in the eye of the beholder.I have pointed out women on tv that I thought were attractive, only to have my son remark that he didn't think so.
My daughter has pointed out men she thinks are handsome,and I don't get it.Ditto for the men I think are attractive,she thinks nope.
Even if you are attractive you lose "points"for being weird.

billiscool
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2013, 10:09 pm

aspiemike wrote:
billiscool wrote:
you know if we had a ''communist dating style'' we wouldn't have to worry about league.

What we would have to worry about as discussed in one of your threads is ignoring the possibility of a natural spark between two people. A communist dating style would deny such opportunities.

in a communist dating style, there is no alpha male, there is no beta male. every man would be equal, and have an equal chances in dating.
and no man can ever go up the social ladder. so movie stars, sport athletes, and rock star would no longer be above the average joe.
if you are against that, than you are for league.

funny, how everyone is against ''league'' but no one like my communist dating style.

aspiemike
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2013, 10:15 pm

billiscool wrote:
aspiemike wrote:
billiscool wrote:
you know if we had a ''communist dating style'' we wouldn't have to worry about league.

What we would have to worry about as discussed in one of your threads is ignoring the possibility of a natural spark between two people. A communist dating style would deny such opportunities.

in a communist dating style, there is no alpha male, there is no beta male. every man would be equal, and have an equal chances in dating.
and no man can ever go up the social ladder. so movie stars, sport athletes, and rock star would no longer be above the average joe.

funny, how everyone is against ''league'' but no one like my communist dating style.

No, I am not for league and I know I was being honest with myself when I say that. I know what I am looking for and that is a natural spark, me being honest with myself, and finding someone who shares the same values and goals in life that I do. I am perfectly content in being alone rather than being forced to date someone whom I won't match up with or who is dishonest. That is why I am against your communist dating idea. We have already discussed this two months ago.

Tyri0n
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Douchebag Capital of the World (aka Washington D.C.)

13 Jun 2013, 10:24 pm

billiscool wrote:
aspiemike wrote:
billiscool wrote:

I am not against leagues, and I think having to have sex with people I don't like would be gross and terrible. What if I don't want to have sex at all?

Tyri0n
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Douchebag Capital of the World (aka Washington D.C.)

13 Jun 2013, 10:25 pm

puddingmouse wrote:
I'm like a 2 if leagues exist. I don't know if they do or not, but I'm definitely one of the less attractive human specimens out there. I act like they exist because of this fact.

I bet you're probably fine. Aspies often have low self-esteem. Most people think I am pretty good-looking, but I often see an ogre when I look in the mirror. It might be the same for you. :)

billiscool
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2013, 11:03 pm

you can still have sex and date in communist dating style, but no women would be above another one, and no women
would be below another one. same with the men. you can choose not to have sex in a communist dating style.
in a communist dating system ( or style) guys would be equal and not above or below any other guys.
so every guy wins. and every women wins.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2013, 11:07 pm

The only times that I have been "Out of my league" insofar as dating is concerned was when differences in age, economics, education and general popularity have been involved.

Otherwise, there were always plenty of women "within my league" who were looking for Mr. Right (... or Mr. Right-Now ;) ).

MR_BOGAN
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2013, 12:06 am

billiscool wrote:
you can still have sex and date in communist dating style, but no women would be above another one, and no women
would be below another one. same with the men. you can choose not to have sex in a communist dating style.
in a communist dating system ( or style) guys would be equal and not above or below any other guys.

How would it work? Wouldn't everybody have to be clones and look exactly the same and their wouldn't be any genetic diversity. :chin:

Funny how birds are like this. But that might just seem like that to us. They probably have leagues to.

MR_BOGAN
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2013, 12:11 am

Tyri0n wrote:
Or should I talk about the two fat girls in the club talking about how X toned Middle Eastern hottie who was clearly loaded and had sculpted black hair and a perfect face was a good pick for one if the girls after spending an entire night dissing normal guys?

That sounds like face_of_boo!! ! 8O

billiscool
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2013, 1:11 am

MR_BOGAN wrote:
billiscool wrote:

How would it work? Wouldn't everybody have to be clones and look exactly the same and their wouldn't be any genetic diversity. :chin:

Funny how birds are like this. But that might just seem like that to us. They probably have leagues to.

it would take a revolution.

MR_BOGAN
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2013, 1:25 am

billiscool wrote:
MR_BOGAN wrote:
billiscool wrote:

it would take a revolution.

I've got no idea how it would work and I think it is a crazy idea...

But I will join your revolution comrade bill. :salut:

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2013, 1:41 am

Quote:
I disagree. Leagues definately exist.

Yes, they do. People can love it, hate or not care, but they still exist.
Like Tyri-on said: Self-awareness, people!

Geekonychus wrote:
There is no true objective scale for attractiveness which is why getting hung up on a concept like Leagues is ridiculous. True attraction is subjective.

No, it's not subjective at all. Even babies get it, as I pointed out in another thread.

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2013, 2:01 am

Fnord wrote:
The only times that I have been "Out of my league" insofar as dating is concerned was when differences in age, economics, education and general popularity have been involved.

Otherwise, there were always plenty of women "within my league" who were looking for Mr. Right (... or Mr. Right-Now ;) ).

But that what the league thing is about.

Keni
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

14 Jun 2013, 5:17 am

billiscool wrote:
aspiemike wrote:
billiscool wrote:

Don't they already have speed dating somewhere? Far more practical.
You simply cannot dictate that people must spend time with a person whose company they do not enjoy.
The concept is unworkable.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2013, 9:28 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Fnord wrote:
The only times that I have been "Out of my league" insofar as dating is concerned was when differences in age, economics, education and general popularity have been involved. Otherwise, there were always plenty of women "within my league" who were looking for Mr. Right (... or Mr. Right-Now ;) ).
But that what the league thing is about.

Well then, it all makes perfect sense now, doesn't it?

To say, "She's out of my league" is to say "I think she's too young/old, poor/wealthy, ignorant/knowledgeable, unpopular/popular to even notice me, so having a relationship with her is completely out of the realm of possibility.

Better go on home now, it's late.
There'll be tomorrow night, but wait,
What do I see?
She's walking back, to me!

Whoa, Oh, Pretty Woman!

billiscool
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2013, 11:46 am

Keni wrote:

Don't they already have speed dating somewhere? Far more practical.
You simply cannot dictate that people must spend time with a person whose company they do not enjoy.
The concept is unworkable.

You still date people you like. but in the communist dating system there is no top 20%, there is no bottom 20%.
so in reality it's a win for everyone. every man and every woman would be capable of dating.

in our current system a shy male is below an out going male (in league system) but in the cds, both men
would be equal and both would have an equal chance in dating.