Dom/sub relationship and Aspergers

Page 1 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Redstar2613
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

31 May 2013, 2:09 pm

About half way through watching this video, I had a thought. Is it common for people with Asperger's to be submissive in a relationship and/or just in the bedroom? I'm submissive, it just feels right to me.
I was thinking most of us probably are, because with the problems of social interaction, we aren't usually the ones that step up, take control of a situation and tell everyone else what to do. So being dominant in a relationship isn't going to happen either. Of course, there may be exceptions to this.
I was wondering if it's as common as it sounds in my head.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2013, 2:14 pm

Redstar2613 wrote:
... Is it common for people with Asperger's to be submissive ... ?

It depends.

There is no empirical evidence of a causal link between Asperger's Syndrome and a personality that is either dominant or submissive.

People can be dominant, submissive, or anything in between, depending in the context. Since Aspies are people, it only stands to reason that Aspies can also be dominant, submissive, or anything in between, depending in the context.

Redstar2613
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

31 May 2013, 2:26 pm

I know they can be anything, that's I asked if anyone knows what's more common and then explained one of the reasons why I think it might be. And I'm not expecting to find a direct link between the two, it's not like a symptom or anything. But it could be something that plays a part in what people like, sexually. We already know it can do that in a non-sexual way.

Mindslave
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2013, 2:42 pm

I think it's more common for Aspies to be more honest with themselves, and so Aspies are less likely to be aggressive and dominant as a result. Typically, people who take control of a situation aren't entirely sure how to fix things, but don't feel they have to be. Aspies tend to focus on the details and taking the time to do things right.

MakeItRight
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

31 May 2013, 4:23 pm

I've only been in one dom/sub relationship. I was dom. We always had limited time together and I cared for being with her and just enjoying the time we had together. We cuddled a lot more than we had sex, and I would not have wanted it to be the other way around.

I could drive her mad telling the things I'd do to her, and this is where knowing a lot about my own physical sensations helped well.

ShamelessGit
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2013, 6:38 pm

I don't think most women respect submissive men. I think the guy in the video might be able to find a woman who would do that stuff for him, but it would be very very hard to actually have her like him for it.

Redstar2613
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

02 Jun 2013, 6:57 am

I don't think that's true. At least, not always.
I personally know a dominant woman that doesn't not respect a man just because he's submissive, being dominant, she likes it. Maybe you don't realize how big of a thing it really is. It's obviously harder to find dominant women but there's generally no lack of respect from them toward submissive men.

LastNumber
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

02 Jun 2013, 2:15 pm

i m female i prefer equality. but so far most apsie males i deal with showed up pretty submissive.... even if its only friendship... in a pair lead-follow they tend to stick together with some leader. i dont see anything bad about it. worse is when you arent able neither lead nor follow..... my sad situation, i seem not to pair anyone

appletheclown
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2013, 2:24 pm

I'm fast on a bicycle, and can hike really long distances. I don't know submissive if the lady want me to, I guess, but not if she doesn't.

RenegadeRaven
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

02 Jun 2013, 2:31 pm

I will never be submissive in a relationship. It would go against my nature and I get easily agitated around people who fail to boss me around. I would prefer a relationship where we would both be on equal ground rather than me being the dominant one in the relationship.

velocirapture
Raven
Raven

06 Jun 2013, 12:39 am

ShamelessGit wrote:
I don't think most women respect submissive men. I think the guy in the video might be able to find a woman who would do that stuff for him, but it would be very very hard to actually have her like him for it.

A dominant woman who is attracted to submissive men ought to respect them. Many do. A relationship has to extend to outside the bedroom, and most people don't care to have their significant other treating them that way over Christmas dinner. :wink:

Lonermutant
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2013, 1:33 am

I think we would rather be the dominating one in a sexual relationship.

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2013, 1:37 am

I think it would depend on the person. I could never be submissive in the relationship, although I could certainly defer to my SO about some things, as I would expect them to do to me with others. In bed I could be either dom or sub, depending on my mood and what he wants as well.

I could probably sub in scene but never IRL.

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com

Tyri0n
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Douchebag Capital of the World (aka Washington D.C.)

06 Jun 2013, 3:59 am

switcher :)

Mindsigh
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2013, 10:57 am

I always wind up being bossed around because otherwise I'll just mentally drift off.... But I'm kinda getting sick of it--the being bossed around, not the mentally drifting 8)

PsychoSarah
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2013, 11:03 am

I submit to no one!