Certainly worth a read... definitely made me think

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Pabalebo
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

20 Jun 2013, 1:04 pm

http://www.cracked.com/blog/5-ways-regu ... ith-women/

Kind of says what we all already know to some extent, but even though it's a Cracked article, I think there's some good stuff in here.

Geekonychus
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2013, 4:45 pm

All of that advice is very good and I can testify that it did work for me when I started doing those things. I won't lie, It's not easy and I can still relapse into old patterns but it has worked for me.

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2013, 5:00 pm

Good article.

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I

1401b
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2013, 5:33 pm

Weird!
They didn't once use any words relating to autism??! !?

Is it possible that it's more complex (and simpler) than having a disability or other?

Wow reading that really boosted my self-esteem. I guess I'm less of a dork than I thought.
Plus it was pretty funny.

Giftorcurse
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2013, 5:35 pm

I wouldn't trust a Cracked article about dating or relationships. What's the point of dating advice when the rock bottom truth is that love is nonexistent? It's about psychological manipulation and one-sided dominance. No one gives a damn about others. Humans only care about satisfying their base cravings, no matter the cost. Nothing more.

thewhitrbbit
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2013, 8:36 pm

1401b wrote:
Weird!
They didn't once use any words relating to autism??! !?

Is it possible that it's more complex (and simpler) than having a disability or other?

Wow reading that really boosted my self-esteem. I guess I'm less of a dork than I thought.
Plus it was pretty funny.

True. While having AS may place an additional disadvantage, removing it is not a panacia.

Geekonychus
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2013, 9:29 am

#5. They Rely on a "System"
#4. Using Pick-Up Lines
#3. They Let Rejection Dictate Their Actions
#2. They Make Bad Assumptions About What Women Want
#1. They Give Up

You don't need to have AS to be socially awkward but pretty much all those pieces of advice could apply to guys on this board. It's quite uncanny the number of threads I've seen that echo each and every one of these things.

I've been dealing hard with trying to overcome #3 right now.

ShamelessGit
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2013, 7:24 pm

Articles like this usually make me kind of angry or kind of sad. I suppose that advice is probably good for most men, but most men didn't have to spend years of their life learning how keep from being blinded and deafened by normal stimulus, to recognize and make smiles, to remember to look at people when they talk, or to learn what normal people thought were good conversation topics. If that guy has had success, it's because he's relied on a system every day of his life that has been so ingrained in him from birth that he was never consciously aware of it. Basically his whole spiel is that you shouldn't do dumb s**t that gets in the way of the system you already have from doing what it's supposed to do. It don't find his advice helpful in the slightest. Most social advice is like this, and it is basically the same as saying, "just wander around blindly without thinking about what you're doing, and your social life will work out just fine, just like other automated functions like eating, sleeping, and pooping do (assuming that you get good sleep and have a healthy digestive system)."

punkguy378
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

24 Jun 2013, 10:35 pm

Wow a cracked article that is not a bunch of garbage. Honestly that site is like a "rag".

#3 and 5 are the ones that are killing me.

Yeah you cannot get rid of the desire to find someone just like you cannot stop yourself from eating. Seriously god is up there laughing at the sick game he has created. ugh!

You just have to realize that the equation for finding someone has so many variables and it generally is not about something you did necessarily. There are literally hundreds of reasons why someone may decide they are not into you: many of it subconscious. It is very complicated to say the least.

The last thing you want to do is give up though because then you end up with nothing. I gave up for years and n ow I am kicking myself for not staying on it. lol. Starting to now but I am at the point again where I want to give up.