Page 2 of 2 [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

ChromaticRaven
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

04 Jul 2013, 2:54 pm

Shatbat wrote:
Heh, that was a nice reminder of the basics. A good place to start from. Thanks Raven!

No problem! :)

Cafeaulait
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2013, 3:01 pm

Many many people feel this way.

Personally, in my mind there is a constant battle between 'a should meet more people and try to make more friends' and 'i am so comfortable on my own and I don't know if i sincerely enjoy social contact'.

This goes on in my mind every day.

uwmonkdm
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2013, 3:03 pm

wtfid2 wrote:
uwmonkdm wrote:
If you don't like your life and feel so down, why would a woman see a good life and happiness with you? Worry about getting your life together then relationships.
way to twist things around...the reason im not happy is because of the lack od relationships. It has nothing to do with whether my life is together(which it is, except for the social aspect.

I didn't twist anything. You're in denial.
Quote:
I dont work right now for personal reasons, I finished with college a while back, and gave up on further due to being burnt out

Clearly things aren't going so well.

wtfid2
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2013, 4:17 pm

ChromaticRaven wrote:
Kazuki wrote:
That was very kind of you to type all of that, Raven but remember some people learn visually and he will have to make a very concious effort to implement your tips into social situations.

Well then he can practice such situations with his family or friends at first :)
i have no friends...i pretty much only go to the grocery store and thanks everyone for the posts.

Your Aspie score: 101 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 111 of 200
You seem to have both Aspie and neurotypical traits

ChromaticRaven
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

04 Jul 2013, 4:29 pm

wtfid2 wrote:
i have no friends...i pretty much only go to the grocery store and thanks everyone for the posts.

Try practicing with your mom, sister? or an aunt then maybe? This way they can tell you from a girls point of view what you are doing right and wrong. And when you get some practice with them first, it might be less scary for you to approach girls later on (since you've prepared yourself slightly beforehand.)

wtfid2
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2013, 4:39 pm

ChromaticRaven wrote:
wtfid2 wrote:

Try practicing with your mom, sister? or an aunt then maybe? This way they can tell you from a girls point of view what you are doing right and wrong. And when you get some practice with them first, it might be less scary for you to approach girls later on (since you've prepared yourself slightly beforehand.)
i can talk to girls, that isnt my issue..it's meeting girls. It's creepy anyway you slice it to ''bother'' girls who are jsut shopping.

wtfid2
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2013, 4:40 pm

ChromaticRaven wrote:
wtfid2 wrote:

the bar/club scene was never for me, and cold approach i prob wouldnt be very good with

1000Knives
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2013, 4:52 pm

wtfid2 wrote:
ChromaticRaven wrote:
wtfid2 wrote:

the bar/club scene was never for me, and cold approach i prob wouldnt be very good with

Bro, find that Jersey Shore bro and challenge him to a bench contest and look alpha as f**k to all them mirin' girls in the gym.

wtfid2
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2013, 6:00 pm

1000Knives wrote:
wtfid2 wrote:
ChromaticRaven wrote:
wtfid2 wrote:

Bro, find that Jersey Shore bro and challenge him to a bench contest and look alpha as f**k to all them mirin' girls in the gym.
i bet even if i beat him, the girls would still like him better :p

Vectorspace
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2013, 6:01 pm

I'm not sure if sharing such a pessimistic attitude is a good idea, but I think "waiting for a miracle" is not the worst option. A partner shouldn't be a precondition for working on your life.

metaldanielle
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2013, 7:37 pm

Look who's back.

You have got to expand your social circle. Or in this case, create one. You're right, there is no way to meet someone when the only time you are w/ new people is the store. (This excludes online dating of course, which I remember you weren't happy w/.)

Most people meet their significant others thru mutual friends and aquaintances. You need to focus on meeting people in general, people who have similar interests and values. Eventually, as you build your network, you might find yourself meeting someone w/ whom you have mutual attraction.

aspiemike
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2013, 7:57 pm

Come back and read these responses with a clear head. The good ones especially. If you are depressed now, something tells me you will be less receptive to good ideas and even less receptive to honest opinions.