Great Moments in WP Love & Dating History

Page 1 of 6 [ 81 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

JanuaryMan
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2013, 11:55 am

Greb wrote:
Fnord wrote:
When it comes to the "Game of Love", whiners never win, and winners never whine.

I find this quote highly unfair.

I have been more than once qualified as a 'whiner'. Not in the game of love, but with regard to other aspects of my life that, at the end, ended up having a reason: neurological problems due to ADHD. Now I have drugs, so no claims, but it remains some feeling of disappointment.

I'm not denying that they are professsional whiners. But many other people have real problems, about love or about anything else, and it looks like in the modern world they don't have even the right to tell about their problems. Lack of empathy nowadays is incredible.

Question...are you winning?

Life isn't fair, and Fnord was only stating an observation. He was making no comment on or invalidating anyone's reasons to be down about stuff. You need to take things less personally.

Greb
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2013, 12:11 pm

JanuaryMan wrote:
Question...are you winning?

I'm just saying that many people lack of empathy nowadays. And you describe that as 'whinning'? Well, this is the kind of attitude I'm talking about.

JanuaryMan wrote:
Life isn't fair, and Fnord was only stating an observation.

And? So, because life is unfair, people shouldn't tell about their problems? How that works? because I don't get it.

JanuaryMan wrote:
You need to take things less personally.

Sorry? What are you talking about? 8O

JanuaryMan
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2013, 12:47 pm

You left out the part where I noted Fnord was only making an observation and not invalidating your right to feel down about things that you have all the reason to feel down about. Then again I guess if you quoted that it would defeat your own argument.

GGPViper
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2013, 1:11 pm

JanuaryMan wrote:
GGPViper wrote:
It warms my heart whenever a PUA troll is banned.

Wannnabe PUA. Yes it was a turning point for this board.

I am more concerned with the successful PUA trolls. They do more harm.

blueroses
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2013, 3:30 pm

Shatbat wrote:
Sorry blueroses, this thread didn't seem to go the way you wanted to.

No worries, I didn't have any great vision for how it might go. I've just noticed some people seem to spend a fair amount of time here and was kind of curious what they felt they got out of it.

JanuaryMan wrote:
Another defining moment = some of the success stories born from people that visited here.
Kinme + ScubaSteve!

Yeah, I agree. That is pretty cool, both the real matches and the imagined ones in my head. (Occasionally, I notice people on this site I think might be compatible and part of me wishes so badly that I could set them up. :lol: )

Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2013, 7:08 am

I've learned alot, actually, more about what a "nice guy" really is, and what "confidence" really is.

That confidence is more than not being afraid to ask someone out, rather than being comfortable with yourself and your actions, and not being afraid to make decisions.

The "nice guy" stereotype is more than just oh he's just nice, he doesn't like to fight, or he's a bit shy, I don't like him, it's more, I think he expects s**t from me for him being nice and it's annoying as f**k, so I don't like him.

I don't want to attack other people's lack of confidence, so I won't, but point being, women feed off the energy of when someone else is comfortable with themself, so, I learned to love myself and not complain about my comedic love life. Nobody wants to hear about it. :lol:

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2013, 11:45 am

I don't think confidence is necessarily becoming comfortable with yourself, rather, it's being comfortable with other people. For example, those cute, shy guys who like being around people...will put themselves down in a somehow socially acceptable way and yet people go, "Aww, don't worry" and even the men sometimes join in, and these shy people are usually really well-liked.

...Then you get the "creep" (like me) who hesitates to talk to people, and is considered weird. And yet, sometimes these people (like me) quite like who they are.

I have learned stuff from this forum before, especially reasons how and why aspies distance themselves. It helped me a lot to understand a relationship I was having where this aspie guy insisted I stayed with him and yet he seemed to feel the tiniest bit of pressure meeting me. That was the most confusing relationship I've ever had, but it made a lot more sense when I read some posts on here by some aspies. I can't remember the titles.

I've also learned how there has been some women who post on here who mistake their partners treating them like crap for someone with AS. Well, I suppose they could have AS, but it's usually that the partner is disrespecting her. I've also noticed how much patience some NT women on here have - the amount they put up with...such as no calls, even no contact for days or weeks and yet they stick with their AS guys. I just don't have that patience.

blueroses wrote:
Yeah, I agree. That is pretty cool, both the real matches and the imagined ones in my head. (Occasionally, I notice people on this site I think might be compatible and part of me wishes so badly that I could set them up. :lol: )

Anyone for me...? Even if they're from another country, I am curious!

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2013, 11:53 am

My first appearance here.

blueroses
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2013, 6:53 pm

smudge wrote:

I don't know, I'll have to give that some thought and find you someone good. :)

Edit: I got one ... techstepgenr8tion! Invite me to your wedding.

Shatbat
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2013, 7:05 pm

I figured blueroses vision was to make a positive thread where people were shown good things happening to us and make this place a bit better, if it was not then I guess it can go wherever it may :lol: Also, I wonder if I am noticeable enough for she to lurk me and match me :lol:

I actually miss the guy JanuaryMan and Viper seem to hate though, sometimes he did contribute usefully, even if it was self-promoting, but I won't dwell too much on it.

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2013, 5:32 pm

blueroses wrote:
smudge wrote:

I don't know, I'll have to give that some thought and find you someone good. :)

Edit: I got one ... techstepgenr8tion! Invite me to your wedding.

I've seen him around...but I hardly know him...what makes you think we could be a couple? ;)

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2013, 5:34 pm

^ tech is not rich so blueroses is wrong :lol:

JanuaryMan
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2013, 7:12 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
^ tech is not rich so blueroses is wrong :lol:
lmao!

blueroses
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2013, 8:56 pm

Guess I'm missing an inside joke here? Anyhow, I threw Tech out there mainly just because I thought I remembered her saying that she thought he was good-looking, but maybe I'm confusing Smudge with someone else.

I suddenly feel like I've been away from this forum for a very long time, although my first indication of that really should have been a few posts back when I was left wondering who Kinme and Scuba Steve were, lol.

Kinme
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2013, 10:18 pm

Thanks, January. All is well; we recently celebrated our one year anniversary. :D

scubasteve
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2013, 10:22 pm

How about that one time that scubasteve ended a year-long hiatus from the site to thank januaryman for the shout out ;)