Is it wrong to cheat if no one finds out?

Page 7 of 7 [ 106 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Kinme
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2013, 12:30 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
BlackSabre7 wrote:
There have been so many posts, I don't remember... But did anyone mention the possibility that the brother in law will reject you and tell someone and you will lose your fiance, all for nothing?

Why warning her (or him?), that would be the most hilarious thing if it happens.

And I'm sure she will let us know if that happens.

MR_BOGAN
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2013, 7:08 pm

RudeGoldbergMachine wrote:
but what I largely want to know is whether there's a utilitarian argument to be made for it being wrong, other than the risk of being caught.

RudeGoldbergMachine wrote:
To me wrong things are things that hurt people. Killing someone, assaulting or abusing someone, etc. Regardless of if you get away with it. As far as stealing I would steal from someone who wouldn't be hurt by it, i.e. people who have more than their share of wealth, but I would not take just for taking from someone who needed it, because that would hurt them. I don't think I am amoral or some kind of sociopath.

Ok so these are things that you think are wrong then. I'll say this
If you get caught you will hurt people.
You are abusing you relationship so you are abusing someone

You are breaking your own rules of what you think is right.

500Chocolatepuppies
Butterfly
Butterfly

04 Aug 2013, 4:50 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
BlackSabre7 wrote:
There have been so many posts, I don't remember... But did anyone mention the possibility that the brother in law will reject you and tell someone and you will lose your fiance, all for nothing?

Why warning her (or him?), that would be the most hilarious thing if it happens.

Yeah, the most hilarious thing would be if she makes an advance on the brother in law and then he says no and goes and either tells his wife (the OP's fiancée's sister) or the fiancée, causing the whole thing to blow up.

To the OP, have the decency to give the ring back so he can actually use the money for something better, like taking his new girlfriend out.

You have obviously made up your mind, just do it, see what happens, I dare you.

Please be better to the cats than your partner

savvyidentity
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

06 Aug 2013, 7:42 am

Your ethics and morals shouldn't be based on wether or not someone finds out. Just because you're attracted to someone doesn't mean you should do anything about it. Are you really going to try to find a way that this is OK? It never is.

A bigger problem is how someone acts when they suspect, and when they suspect they are usually right. If they know this then suspicion is enough to cause huge problems or a breakup. If someone doesn't find out it can still cause problems. So say someone doesn't find out, you'll be OK with it and feel no guilt or regret?

appletheclown
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2013, 4:11 pm

@OP: Are you man or a woman? If you are either, or any other gender identity, why would you even want to cheat on your partner? This is how dreams are shattered and trust destroyed. Stay loyal, that is what you should be doing.

Dhp
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2013, 12:17 pm

Here is my opinion on cheating. I AM NOT A CHEATER. To me it is morally wrong, and if any woman cheats on me, out the door they go. No questions, no argument - silent treatment all the way. I'll even help her pack things for her to expeditiously move out. Relationship is over. Period. I do not and will not tolerate cheating. Sorry for the anger, but it is a very strong belief of mine. There are NO excuses for cheating.

bleh12345
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2013, 12:36 pm

You say you want to think about this logically, but you are in a relationship. So, if logic is really at play, what's the point of your relationship? I mean, if you do not want to be monogamous, it makes no sense why you are in that kind of relationship. But if you really want a good reason not to cheat, it's because some people have diseases that you could unknowingly spread to your partner.

Cafeaulait
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2013, 1:02 pm

I cheat all the time. Cheating is awesome.

appletheclown
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2013, 6:08 pm

Cafeaulait wrote:
I cheat all the time. Cheating is awesome.

Stop being sarcastic, sexy cat.

Ladywoofwoof
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2013, 6:10 pm

I'm drawing up a shortlist for the epic 2013 RudegoldBergMachine's Fiancee consentual gang-bang (shhh shh don't tell her about it though !)

:-) Who's in ?