I Have Aspergers, But I'm Not Attracted Guys With Aspergers?

Page 1 of 6 [ 83 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Are You Attrated To People With Aspergers?
Usually 32%  32%  [ 24 ]
Usually Not 23%  23%  [ 17 ]
I Don't Care Either Way 45%  45%  [ 33 ]
Total votes : 74

StewartMango
Toucan
Toucan

19 Jul 2013, 10:03 pm

Every guy I ever met who in real life who has Aspergers never seem to attract me, I don't know why. Every guy I ever liked NEVER liked me back and every guy that liked me, I never liked back.
Anyone else have this problem?

I mean being an Aspie myself, shouldn't I be attracted to them? Why am I only attracted to Neurotypicals?

www.stewartmango.com

Kurgan
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2013, 10:16 pm

How many of the people you meet daily do you actually fall in love with? I don't think the odds of falling in love with an aspie are any higher than falling in love with an NT.

I like the "cute and quirky" girls (and most aspie girls I've met are), but that doesn't mean that I'd prefer a cute and quirky aspie girl over a cute and quirky NT girl--or vice versa.

Kinme
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2013, 10:45 pm

Very. They're usually so cute and have a thinner body than most NT men. Usually bigger eyes and a baby face. :D

Was it a psychological thing? Since you knew they were autistic, were you unattracted because of that only? Maybe body type? *Shrug*

zarok
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 Jul 2013, 10:54 pm

I feel that as an aspie i tend to want the best possible choice as a mate. So i would feel hesitaint about anyone with mental illness or other things from depression to bipolar to ASD. But i give everyone a chance regaurdless. Some of my best friend have these issues. Some other girls i ahve been with have gone apeshit on me so sometimes i cant handle it other times i can

EsotericResearch
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 Jul 2013, 11:04 pm

Welcome to the club. My partner is NT as well, but has disabilities (non-autistic). I have never had much luck with autistic men. For me it is more about finding someone who can balance me out rather than someone who is like me. It is about someone who fills in the gaps in my skills and I can excel at things, that they may not.

For example I'm employed in finance so I am all right at math, my partner has dyscalculia though, but his superb executive function and amazing touch 'gift of gab' has gotten me out of many a sticky situation. I'm more like Spock, and he's more like Kirk. And it would kinda suck for me, personally, to be with another person like myself instead of a complement.

wtfid2
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2013, 11:07 pm

StewartMango wrote:
Every guy I ever met who in real life who has Aspergers never seem to attract me, I don't know why. Every guy I ever liked NEVER liked me back and every guy that liked me, I never liked back.

I mean being an Aspie myself, shouldn't I be attracted to them? Why am I only attracted to Neurotypicals?
not trying to come off the wrong way here, but are you male or female? from your post i think female, but your avatar is male?

Your Aspie score: 101 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 111 of 200
You seem to have both Aspie and neurotypical traits

StewartMango
Toucan
Toucan

19 Jul 2013, 11:16 pm

wtfid2 wrote:
StewartMango wrote:

not trying to come off the wrong way here, but are you male or female? from your post I think female, but your avatar is male?

I'm a female Stewart Mango is my cartoon character I made in high school. It's alright, I'm not offended, it's hard to tell my sex sometimes, because of my username.

www.stewartmango.com

MjrMajorMajor
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2013, 11:20 pm

I've been attracted to fellow spectrumites, and repelled by others. Like everything else, it's about the individual.

MathGirl
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2013, 11:22 pm

Yes... I find overt autistic traits to be extremely attractive. It's not always a sexual attraction with men, but it's still a huge comfort thing. I tend to be more attracted to the quieter ones, though, not the ones who are always in your face and talk non-stop. I have an affinity for introverts.

Likely ADHD instead of what I've been diagnosed with before.

Cilantro
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

19 Jul 2013, 11:31 pm

Kurgan wrote:
How many of the people you meet daily do you actually fall in love with? I don't think the odds of falling in love with an aspie are any higher than falling in love with an NT.

I think this is something to consider. I've liked two, but there haven't been many around in the first place. If the numbers here didn't overwhelmingly favor men who aren't the number might be higher.

1401b
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2013, 12:10 am

StewartMango wrote:

Perhaps you changed your avatar but it's pretty obvious to me that you're a female with a capital FEM.

Ok, now for the bolded part, if you're not attracted to Aspie type guys then why are earth did you put that naughty topless photo on here!
You'll never get aspie guys to leave you alone doing that!!
That's just cruel to us, ya big meanie! =P

Venger
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2013, 12:19 am

StewartMango wrote:

NT means anybody that doesn't have a recognized mental-disorder(whether it's diagnosed or not). It doesn't just refer to non-autistics.

wtfid2
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2013, 12:42 am

1401b wrote:
StewartMango wrote:

Perhaps you changed your avatar but it's pretty obvious to me that you're a female with a capital FEM.

Ok, now for the bolded part, if you're not attracted to Aspie type guys then why are earth did you put that naughty topless photo on here!
You'll never get aspie guys to leave you alone doing that!!
That's just cruel to us, ya big meanie! =P
i didnt mean to insult her, but she looks like a male in her avatar..but it's not the best pic.

i dont understand why she has a pic like that as well lol.

Your Aspie score: 101 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 111 of 200
You seem to have both Aspie and neurotypical traits

JanuaryMan
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2013, 12:53 am

It's about the person not their diagnosis.

Sheerboredom
Toucan
Toucan

20 Jul 2013, 1:48 am

So you wouldn't be attracted to a hunk like me then would you?

You are very likely neurotypical
INTJ

Cafeaulait
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2013, 4:26 am

Generally I am attracted to Neurotypical guys,
because:
1) I love sex. They love sex.
2) They tend to be a bit more confident
3) They are better at feeling my needs and comforting me