I Have Aspergers, But I'm Not Attracted Guys With Aspergers?

Page 2 of 6 [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Are You Attrated To People With Aspergers?
Usually 32%  32%  [ 24 ]
Usually Not 23%  23%  [ 17 ]
I Don't Care Either Way 45%  45%  [ 33 ]
Total votes : 74

StewartMango
Toucan
Toucan

20 Jul 2013, 8:06 am

Sheerboredom wrote:
So you wouldn't be attracted to a hunk like me then would you?

I don't know, maybe I would, LOL!
So far all the guys with Aspergers I meant in real life, don't attract me.

www.stewartmango.com

Stargazer43
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2013, 11:02 am

I've never knowingly met anyone with Asperger's, so I can't say if I'd be attracted to them or not. But it depends far more on who the person is, like JanuaryMan said.

StewartMango
Toucan
Toucan

30 Jul 2013, 4:33 am

Yeah and I hate when people try to hook me up with people I don't find attractive. They assume just because we both has Aspergers that will be compatible with each other, it makes me upset. I worry I'll wind up marrying a man I don't love and the man I do love is with a woman prettier than me.
It be even more painful to see him with normal happy children and I have handicapped miserable children who are picked on like I was for being different. I don't want kids, but I mean sometimes birth control fails and suppose the father doesn't let me have an abortion?

www.stewartmango.com

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2013, 6:13 am

What's the point of this thread? To tell the world that we're unattractive for you?

Schneekugel
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2013, 6:22 am

StewartMango wrote:
Every guy I ever met who in real life who has Aspergers never seem to attract me, I don't know why. Every guy I ever liked NEVER liked me back and every guy that liked me, I never liked back.
Anyone else have this problem?

I mean being an Aspie myself, shouldn't I be attracted to them? Why am I only attracted to Neurotypicals?

Should wearing glasses force you to be attracted to other people wearing glasses? Aspergers are humans as everyone else, and as with everyone else, there can be attraction or not. Having similar issues may rise the chance of falling in love with someone with Aspergers, but its simply everything based on chances. If you are not in love, then you are not in love with someone.

If there is deep sympathy, I would give it a try, so love can as well slowly grow, but if there is you simple feel nothing towards someone, thats the way it is.

FMX
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2013, 1:20 pm

StewartMango wrote:
I mean being an Aspie myself, shouldn't I be attracted to them? Why am I only attracted to Neurotypicals?

I don't think there's a "should" here - you're attracted to who you're attracted to. Of course, it would be interesting (and possibly useful) to understand why, but it's not exactly a bad thing that you're attracted to NTs - 99% of men are NTs. And if we're talking about men who might ask you out it's probably more like 99.95%. :)

Vectorspace
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2013, 2:59 pm

Stargazer43 wrote:
I've never knowingly met anyone with Asperger's, so I can't say if I'd be attracted to them or not. But it depends far more on who the person is, like JanuaryMan said.

Me neither. I really wonder where they meet all those Aspies out there...

Ladywoofwoof
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2013, 3:11 pm

Quote:
I don't want kids, but I mean sometimes birth control fails and suppose the father doesn't let me have an abortion?

How on earth is it possible for a guy to prevent you from having an abortion, if you got pregnant because of failed contraception ?
What's he going to do ?
Tie you up in the basement to prevent you from having one ?
:shameonyou:

(shrug) Anyway, surely it would be a good idea to discuss that sort of thing (and come to a mutual conclusion) before you get down to the horizontal samba, in the first place ?
:chin:

mikecartwright
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

31 Jul 2013, 1:53 am

Good topic I myself mostly like Women without Asperger's Syndrome maybe thats because I don't really meet any Women with Asperger's Syndrome but I don't care either way if a Woman with Asperger's Syndrome is nice or good looking why not give her a chance ?

Belfast
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2013, 10:58 pm

EsotericResearch wrote:
Welcome to the club. My partner is NT as well, but has disabilities (non-autistic). I have never had much luck with autistic men. For me it is more about finding someone who can balance me out rather than someone who is like me. It is about someone who fills in the gaps in my skills and I can excel at things, that they may not.

For example I'm employed in finance so I am all right at math, my partner has dyscalculia though, but his superb executive function and amazing touch 'gift of gab' has gotten me out of many a sticky situation. I'm more like Spock, and he's more like Kirk. And it would kinda suck for me, personally, to be with another person like myself instead of a complement.
This^

I seek a guy who is good at what I'm poor at, and who isn't necessarily that impressive at the stuff I'm talented/skilled with.

To be fair, I've hardly met any people with Asperger's-so maybe there's a guy with ASD that I'd totally click with, I dunno'.

Tyri0n
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Douchebag Capital of the World (aka Washington D.C.)

01 Aug 2013, 9:05 am

EDIT

Last edited by Tyri0n on 01 Aug 2013, 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tyri0n
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2013, 9:08 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
What's the point of this thread? To tell the world that we're unattractive for you?

She is obsessed with men out of her league, like the married one she's stalking.

Op should read my Ugly Girl Entitlement Disorder thread.

Tyri0n
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2013, 9:22 am

Cafeaulait wrote:
Generally I am attracted to Neurotypical guys,
because:
1) I love sex. They love sex.
2) They tend to be a bit more confident
3) They are better at feeling my needs and comforting me

Now that we are on the topic of pointless digs, similarly, I am attracted to NT women.

1) They don't have weird sensory issues or dumb inhibitions that interfere with sex.

2) They are more likely to be confident, can pay their own way, and take better care of themselves.

3) They are less likely to be emotionally unstable. I can talk to them like an adult instead of like a hysterical child.

Of course, the last one is not necessarily a problem. I feel the same way but don't show it, so sometimes it's nice to have someone around who gets me.

Still, I do like talking to adults some of the time.

Last edited by Tyri0n on 01 Aug 2013, 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jepeusque
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

01 Aug 2013, 9:29 am

So aspie guys don't love sex?

Oh, I guess the catch is that, since many of them are virgins, they have no basis to claim they do, having never tried it out.

MjrMajorMajor
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2013, 9:58 am

Tyri0n wrote:
Cafeaulait wrote:
because:

Now that we are on the topic of pointless digs, similarly, I am attracted to NT women.

1) They don't have weird sensory issues or dumb inhibitions that interfere with sex.

2) They are more likely to be confident, can pay their own way, and take better care of themselves.

3) They are less likely to be emotionally unstable. I can talk to them like an adult instead of like a hysterical child.

Of course, the last one is not necessarily a problem. I feel the same way but don't show it, so sometimes it's nice to have someone around who gets me.

Out of curiosity, this is based on how many AS women you know? :chin:

Tyri0n
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2013, 10:13 am

MjrMajorMajor wrote:
Tyri0n wrote:
Cafeaulait wrote:
because:

Out of curiosity, this is based on how many AS women you know? :chin:

Probably a higher number than the number of aspie men whom Cafeaulait knows.