Page 11 of 19 [ 302 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 19  Next

octobertiger
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2013, 3:23 pm

d'post

Last edited by octobertiger on 10 Oct 2013, 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

octobertiger
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2013, 3:24 pm

It totally varies but I know a lot of short guys who absolutely Love dating women who are taller than them. It does something for their Napoleonic complex I think.

So does this suggest that many women, who prefer dating taller men, suffer a Napoleonic complex.

Or should men date smaller women, just because they are not secure enough to break some people's notion of a social norm?

I just don't know.

leafplant
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2013, 3:51 pm

it doesn't suggest anything, stop being such a grumps, octobertiger.

I can only speak from my own personal experience - every single short guy (bar one - and he was lovely) that I know has a massive chip on their shoulder about their height. That makes it difficult to enjoy their company as a friend even and when one of them paraded my about Gloucestershire in his rented Ferrari that one time to make himself feel tall, I think I made a subconscious decision to stay well away from short guys. What's weird is that I had made friends with this guy on line where he was the sweetest possible guy but in real life he wanted to prove something to the world through his assets. Ugh.

Of course, Boo has had a different experience and I am really glad that it hasn't panned out like that for him.

Maybe I just bring out the worst in guys. It wouldn't surprise me. :roll:

Boxman108
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2013, 4:03 pm

leafplant wrote:

I can only speak from my own personal experience - every single short guy (bar one - and he was lovely) that I know has a massive chip on their shoulder about their height. That makes it difficult to enjoy their company as a friend even and when one of them paraded my about Gloucestershire in his rented Ferrari that one time to make himself feel tall, I think I made a subconscious decision to stay well away from short guys. What's weird is that I had made friends with this guy on line where he was the sweetest possible guy but in real life he wanted to prove something to the world through his assets. Ugh.

Of course, Boo has had a different experience and I am really glad that it hasn't panned out like that for him.

I think it's just that you do a lot of projecting.

While someone else is eating or opening a window or
just walking dully along...

octobertiger
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2013, 4:05 pm

:lol:

The old cliche "The map is not the territory".

I dunno. If people - and I don't mean anyone in particular here - wish to see the world according to their own parameters, well...

1) It defines them, not the world
2) It limits their experience
3) Maybe 1) and 2) define me....hmmm

Projection is a jolly good word to use.

leafplant
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2013, 4:09 pm

Boxman108 wrote:

If only that were all.

I wouldn't want anyone to take any wrong lessons from my personal experience and deduce that if they are a woman they shouldn't date short guys or anything like that. I do feel bad that I haven't made this point clear.

Fisplen
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2013, 4:25 pm

I'm sorry , but I really am confused , why do people care what height You are?

It wouldn't matter if You're 4 foot or 7 foot , if You're good enough to last 5 minutes in a conversation with me , You're good enough to be a friend.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2013, 4:45 pm

Boxman108 wrote:
leafplant wrote:

Yes, it's projecting, a lot of douches would rent a Ferrari to impress girls.

If that same guy was tall, leafplant would simply call him a douche (in that case she probably would assume he has a small dick perhaps), but he happens to be short so she linked his non-height-related behavior to his shortness and psychoanalyzed him as having Napoleonic complex.

There's nothing in her story indicates that his shortness is the source of his douche behavior, nor she made it clear whether he complains about it, it's all assumptions.

It's for the same reason when a tall guy is angry he's called an angry person but when a short guy is angry he's called one with Napoleonic complex.

appletheclown
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2013, 4:54 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Boxman108 wrote:
leafplant wrote:

If that same guy was tall, leafplant would simply call him a douche (in that case she probably would assume he has a small dick perhaps), but he happens to be short so she linked his non-height-related behavior to his shortness and psychoanalyzed him as having Napoleonic complex.

There's nothing in her story indicates that his shortness is the source of his douche behavior, nor she made it clear whether he complains about it, it's all assumptions.

It's for the same reason when a tall guy is angry he's called an angry person but when a short guy is angry he's called one with Napoleonic complex.

I wish I could make an avatar as mysterious and abstract as you.

lost561
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2013, 4:54 pm

leafplant wrote:

First of all, what do you consider short?

2nd of all, do you think that shorter men might have a chip on their shoulder for a reason? Does that ever occur to you? Do you know how much the world discriminates against short men? If we are talking about 5'5 and below these men get treated like dogs by society as far as the level of respect they are shown.

Minorities have laws to protect them from discrimination in the workplace. Shorter people don't have anything like that. Minorities have groups that represent them and fight for them like the NAACP. Short men have nobody to back them up.

Short men don't have the stature to intimidate people like taller men do so a lot of the time they rely on their assets to do the talking for them. And yes a lot of short men do develop a "Napoleon" complex. Am I saying this is right or wrong? I don't know, but how about showing some empathy for shorter men. They have life very tough.

How do you know that the guy rented the Ferrari to make himself feel tall? Where is the logic in that comment? Maybe he just wanted to drive in a really nice car.

Before you label me as another angry little short man, know that I'm 5'9. I'm 1 inch below average height in the United States. I don't have any chips on my shoulder, and I don't have a Napoleon complex, but I do see how shorter men are disrespected and discriminates against in business and in dating. That all has to do with looks.

appletheclown
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2013, 4:56 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AeNYDwbm9qw[/youtube]

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2013, 4:58 pm

appletheclown wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Boxman108 wrote:
leafplant wrote:

I wish I could make an avatar as mysterious and abstract as you.

Oh why, you're a cool glowing head skull while I am a rotten head in a pickle jar.

octobertiger
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2013, 5:00 pm

What the HELL has happened to that tiger?!? Who gave him a head transplant?

NOT happy.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2013, 5:03 pm

octobertiger wrote:
What the HELL has happened to that tiger?!? Who gave him a head transplant?

NOT happy.

Btw, white tigers are sometimes ret*ds (no pun intended) - not kidding, google it.

Last edited by The_Face_of_Boo on 10 Oct 2013, 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2013, 5:03 pm

I think I must have missed something.

Oh well, goodnight all! :P

leafplant
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2013, 5:06 pm

well I know all of those things because that's what he had said about himself. We had the exchange at the time about this where I said I wasn't expecting this and could we not just hang out somewhere chilled out and he insisted that no, he was really happy to have a gorgeous tall (I'm 5'5") woman to show off and show those guys (no idea who those guys were) that he can pull someone like that. Even though we were actually just friends, not dating. I did consider calling him a douche to his face but couldn't process how he was this utterly lovely individual online and had turned into this weirdo in front of me out of nowhere. I wanted to leave but then he begged me to do this favour to him etc. so I gave in and we went to this stupidly posh place for lunch and I felt totally uncomfortable. But yeah, ya'll go off on one.

Edit: FYI I dated a guy when I was 17 who was only about inch taller than me and he was lovely and not having a chip on his shoulder at all.

Last edited by leafplant on 10 Oct 2013, 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.