Crushing or Nervous Aspie Tic?

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

GlendaGoodWitch
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

26 Oct 2013, 2:37 pm

Hi,

I'm a neurotypical female. An aspie male had a crush on me. We would pass one another on our commutes. I noticed that he would bob his head left to right and look around like looking for someone.

My question is: was he looking for me or was that a nervous tic?

I've been through that area twice and seen him, but no longer on a daily basis. I've been told he still looks around and looks sad, confused, lost.

Nervous tic? Or still hoping I show up?

Just always wondered about that.

FMX
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2013, 3:06 pm

Nervous tics are not a symptom of AS, as far as I know. It may have nothing to do with AS and also may have nothing to do with you. Maybe he's just cracking his neck or something? (I do that, which is why I thought of it.) If it's really important to you to know you could always ask him "hey, why do you bob your head left to right?" As long as you ask it in a matter of fact way and do not imply any ridicule I don't see a problem with that.

GlendaGoodWitch
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

26 Oct 2013, 3:13 pm

I just re-enacted it, and it is not a neck cracking thing. It is a deliberate looking like searching.

FMX
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2013, 3:48 pm

OK, well that was just an example. The point is, I really have no idea what it is, but I wouldn't be assuming it's related either to AS or to you.

Stalk
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2013, 6:19 pm

GlendaGoodWitch wrote:
Hi,

I'm a neurotypical female. An aspie male had a crush on me. We would pass one another on our commutes. I noticed that he would bob his head left to right and look around like looking for someone.

My question is: was he looking for me or was that a nervous tic?

I've been through that area twice and seen him, but no longer on a daily basis. I've been told he still looks around and looks sad, confused, lost.

Nervous tic? Or still hoping I show up?

Just always wondered about that.

He is looking at you, because he is interested in you. I know this because I have been reading your previous threads you created about this same guy.

You will have to get the guy alone and ask him out. Once you do this, he will go into a panic attack while hyper focussing on other people around him. Because of his probable past experience of bullying and ridicule. So you need to make sure that when the two of you are alone, that it will be for a while and give him enough time to calm down after the shock. So that he doesn't have to run away, because he will if other people enter your premise. Make sure there are nobody else around to make comments.

My first kiss, I was pinned into a corner, I was hyper ventilating, I was so apologetic that I didn't know what to do at the time, but she pushed me into a corner and managed to kiss me. After that I was ok. But during that time I was so afraid and sure I was going to die of shame. Even simpler things like walking around holding hands in the public was extremely difficult for me. I was so hyper aware of people around me, scanning the area constantly to see who was pointing fingers or going to make fun of me. Once again, after that I was ok. It took me some time, I mean a lot of time to get used to it, at least more than a month. To drop that fear.

Bullying is a serious matter for Aspies. In my past, bullies from school followed me home and came to warn my parents of how weird I am. Telling them that people laugh behind my back. Ridicule is ingrained in us.