Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

klaus
Butterfly
Butterfly

04 Nov 2013, 6:37 pm

Hey guys,
I need some orientation.
A couple of days ago my boyfriend (aspie) told he was feeling paranoid. I asked him about what, and he said he didn't know. That he couldn't explain it.
I asked him to try and do some inner thinking to figured out what could be bothering him, and let him know that I'm always available to listen whenever he feels like that.
He told me not to worry.
Today he texted me from work "I feel very weird indeed. It's like the paranoia I was telling you about. I may be having a mild panic attack".
I asked him if he wanted me to call him (I wasn't sure if I could do it cause he is in work), and told him that everything would be fine. After some minutes he texted back saying he had a glass of water and that he is ok now, that he doesn't know what happened to him.

I'm lost here. I have never heard of anything like this before and I'm not sure how to help him. This is a man that would refused to see a dentist despite a nagging pain in one tooth and me pleading him to go. So it's very unlikely he will accept to see a therapist (if this is even necessary).

Any thoughts on what's going on or how could I help him? I've talked to him about the matter but he genuinely seems like he doesn't have a clue. I'm worried :(

Marcia
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2013, 6:41 pm

I know you say he's reluctant to seek help, but he really should see his doctor. His GP or medical doctor first, not a therapist. There could be some physical cause of these episodes and he should get that checked out as soon as possible.