Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

ritualdrama
Toucan
Toucan

05 Nov 2013, 2:55 am

There's a guy who I have had a crush on and have encountered several times within the past several years. I have many reasons to believe that he is also an aspie. At first I did not realize what it was about him that was different but I had a lot incommon with him. I met him on the internet (we live in the same town). When I first started talking to him all he would talk about how was how all he wanted was to fall in love again but how it would never happen and how this girl f****d him over so bad that he doesn't think he can trust anyone anymore. He told me he liked my picture. I ran into him on the street and he said he would see me another time. Then I got all excited and eager and stupid and I bugged him to hang out with me. I ruined the whole thing. I ended up becoming friends with his friend's wife and he would ask her questions about me all the time. I would see him over and their house and she told me that I was one of the only females he didn't have something rude to say about when I left. I told him that I really like him and that he doesn't have to change for a person. Then he asked me if I wanted to get a drink. Afterwards he said that he wanted to get a closer look at me. He also randomly tells me things like he wished he had a woman to drink with. But he never asks me to hang out and I'm always worried about bothering him. Sometimes I randomly send him videos and he'll send one back and we talk online. I told him that I'm confused so the next move is up to him. He said, "The only way you (me) can win is to not play the game." I don't really know what to do...I don't know if I should wait around for him even longer.

elkclan
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2013, 4:58 am

This guy is trying to play control games with you. Maybe he likes you, but sometimes people who've been hurt try to 'test' people. It's not good behaviour.

You've made your position clear. I would definitely not wait around for him. It is his move. But it's also your move. If you're interested in dating, find someone else.

ritualdrama
Toucan
Toucan

05 Nov 2013, 7:24 pm

I'm glad you mentioned the testing cause I've been thinking of it.