Deleted Asperger's information from my OKCupid profile.

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Jono
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2013, 4:45 am

Ok, so I've now deleted the information on my OKCupid profile that says that I've got Asperger Syndrome. I'd like to see if I get more replies from people by doing that. In the past, at least some people have messaged me first. When I had asked them why, they had said that they liked the fact that I was honest, however it still didn't lead anywhere even then. Good move or not?

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2013, 4:58 am

I would say good, I've never seen the upside to advertising one's AS status before actually meeting someone, it just gives them another box to try and fit you into before they get to know you. You should try stirring the pot a little bit to try and drum up interest in your profile; answer some new questions, post new pics, edit things, etc, during high use times, so your profile keeps popping up on the home page, see what happens and if it's different than when you disclosed.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2013, 5:07 am

Exactly how a job seeker edits things in his/her CV.

MCalavera
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2013, 8:10 am

Yeah, never a good idea to mention it to people. Fact is, by mentioning you have it, people are going to have the tendency to judge you unfairly if they don't know you at all.

Jono
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2013, 10:46 am

Dox47 wrote:
I would say good, I've never seen the upside to advertising one's AS status before actually meeting someone, it just gives them another box to try and fit you into before they get to know you. You should try stirring the pot a little bit to try and drum up interest in your profile; answer some new questions, post new pics, edit things, etc, during high use times, so your profile keeps popping up on the home page, see what happens and if it's different than when you disclosed.

Thanks. Oh and yes, I've uploaded a new picture to my profile as well.