Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

michaelhart22
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

30 Nov 2013, 5:01 pm

so i dont know if any of you know about this. theres this website dedicated soley for lonely autistic people out there. just wondering if anyone have been there or have any sucsuss in dating?

JanuaryMan
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2013, 5:05 pm

If I'm not mistaken it's one of those manufactured websites with fake profiles, that requires you pay to sign up?
I could be mixing it up with another site but many do this. And they do prey on people with mental conditions, disabilities etc.

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2013, 5:15 pm

Autisticdating.com is a dead web portal. No use going on there.

There is an autisticdating.net which I'm looking at now. It seems real.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2013, 9:35 pm

As technologist I can't seem to reconcile myself with online dating. That's subject to change, but I've never shaken the feeling that I should be concentrating more on people around me.

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

Ectryon
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2014, 9:35 am

Quote:
Just registered. Im cconcerned that I had to provide my address... but other than that it actually looks ok I dont think you can search users' profiles until you're officially activated but I wouldnt be surprised if you have to pay to search profiles. Searching UK turned up 139 results which imo is way too much for a site that appears to be virtually unknown. It does look like a legit site though.

I posted that in another thread and autisticdating does seem to work... for now. I dont know how many profiles are actually real and will probably never find out but it seems pretty legit which is extremely surprising. Im not going to use it because online dating is the most shallow pit of narcissism and fakery. I did use spotify's service for a while, but it's pretty much the same if im honest. I did make a good acquaintance through it though and to be fair I kind of didnt put in the time to make a decent profile.

Im just skeptical because it seems to be totally unknown. Who are all these autistic individuals? Where have they come from? Noone on Wrong Planet seems to know about the site and yet its membership base is pretty large. I would expect that users of the site would be on wrong planet in enouugh numbers to make the site a fairly well known thing. Seems suspicious to be honest.

My history on this forum preserves my old and unregenerate self. In the years since I posted here I have undergone many changes. I accept responsibility for my posts but I no longer stand behind them.
And He is the radiance of His glory and the exact representation of His nature, and upholds all things by the word of His power When He had made purification of sins, He sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high Hebrews 1:3

Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2014, 1:50 am

Ectryon wrote:
Im not going to use it because online dating is the most shallow pit of narcissism and fakery.

most accurate description i've seen used about online dating to date

Logan5
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 Sep 2014, 11:42 am

I believe https://autisticdating.net/ is a legitimate site. It has been around for some time, and it was mentioned in the credits of "The Undateables" television show ( http://www.channel4.com/programmes/the-undateables/4od ).