Probably 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
Yes!! ! At the first chance! 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
I would, and already have! 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 39

Aoi
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2013, 11:14 pm

Divorced long ago after a short-lived marriage that failed because the woman turned out to have a personality disorder.

BuyerBeware
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2013, 8:39 am

I love my husband. he is a good man, he loves me the best he is able. He has his own pathologies (whether he wants to admit it or not) and the most wonderful, confident, stable, sane, healthy, perfectly balanced person would be hard-pressed to happily love an Aspie.

If this relationship ended, I would be hard-pressed to get along with him well enough to share custody of the kids (and would probably end up slinking away, if I didn't get driven off).

I would never, ever, in a million billion zillion trillion years, marry or get into an amative relationship with anyone ever again under any circumstances. Friends?? Sure. Friends with benefits?? No way. Anything beyond that?? NO WAY IN HELL.

My parents divorced in 1980; sometime in the mid-80s, my mother decided she realized she'd made an awful mistake and begged my dad to take her back. He thought about it, and ultimately decided that, having had his heart broken once, he would never be able to trust her again, and besides that, they still had the same basic personalities and would run up against the same problems with the same result.

I felt for my mother at the time (and still do). But my dad had the right idea. They had a good divorce, and there was no point in messing it up trying to be married again. My dad was a real smart guy.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2013, 8:53 am

What? Re-marry my ex and deprive the man she left me for of the source of all his misery?

Never!

:twisted:

Feralucce
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2013, 4:08 pm

I would rather set my ex on fire than look at her

FMX
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2013, 5:51 pm

My grandparents actually did that: divorced and re-married some years later. I thought it was stupid even then. Then they got divorced again.

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2013, 7:21 pm

I wouldn't remarry him if he had Bill Gates' money, Channing Tatum's body, Vin Diesel's voice, Russell Brand's personality and wit, and John Holmes' dick. Cause I'd know that sorry sack of s**t had stole them all anyway. The ONLY thing I might do in that area, if I were single, would be to tell him I would remarry him and string his worthless fat ass along until his execution day, then tell him right before his last meal that I would rather slide naked down a razor blade into a river of rubbing alcohol with fishhooks attached to pulleys jabbed through my skin and yanking me back up the other way, while I'm pelted by porcupines, than ever touch his no good, limp dick, three bag ugly, mouth like a cheesegrater, sack of lying dogshit bastard ass again. And I'd remind him that now, nobody else ever would either. Then I'd ask him if he thinks this last emotional sucker punch I got in on him hurt as bad as all the physical ones he threw on me back in the day hurt me, and tell him that I don't know if getting in his punches was worth it, but getting mine is sure as hell was.

Then I'd sit and watch the execution with a smile on my face, go out and drink Tequila shots, and every one would be a toast to the great state of Mississippi.

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2013, 11:45 pm

My ex-wife and her current husband deserve each other. He's a no-good sleazebag insurance salesman who would sell a 2-million dollar term policy to a terminally-ill cancer patient with five kids and then pocket the premiums; while she is a two-timing, two-bit weenie-washer who would say "I love you" to anyone if it meant getting an extra quarter as a tip.

No way would I ever again touch that supperating pussbucket of regurgitated slops, even if she paid me back every penny she ever stole from our kids' college tuition fund.

JubalHarshaw
Butterfly
Butterfly

19 Dec 2013, 7:46 pm

Look guys, my ex-wife held me at knifepoint, and I am substantially less bitter than some of you. Geez, lighten up! The way I look at my marriage, it's a lot like this:

I especially appreciate the mouseover test for this one: "I'll never forget you - at least, the parts of you that were important red flags."

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2013, 8:37 pm

JubalHarshaw wrote:
Look guys, my ex-wife held me at knifepoint, and I am substantially less bitter than some of you. Geez, lighten up! The way I look at my marriage, it's a lot like this:

Mine did a lot more to me than that. That's a walk in the park compared to what I went through. He eventually killed somebody and is gonna get the needle though.

JubalHarshaw
Butterfly
Butterfly

19 Dec 2013, 8:48 pm

OliveOilMom wrote:
Mine did a lot more to me than that. That's a walk in the park compared to what I went through. He eventually killed somebody and is gonna get the needle though.

Milady, you weren't who I was talking about. I'm glad you got out; too many don't.

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2013, 9:06 pm

JubalHarshaw wrote:
OliveOilMom wrote:

Milady, you weren't who I was talking about. I'm glad you got out; too many don't.

Oh, ok.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2013, 10:55 am

JubalHarshaw wrote:
Look guys, my ex-wife held me at knifepoint, and I am substantially less bitter than some of you. Geez, lighten up!

:roll: ... oh, for the luvva ...

My ex broke one of her whiskey bottles on the sink and held the jagged edges to my face (I had told her that I would do the dishes later) ... she showed up where I worked screaming at me to love her (I was working overtime to pay her bills) ... she called my parents all kinds of names because she didn't think they had given our kids gifts that were expensive enough (they were on fixed incomes) ... she told her cracker parents that my grandmother was black, when she was actually 1/4 Cherokee (but that was enough for her parents to hate me from then on) ... she set fire to the model railroad that I had built for our kids ... she backed her car into a building and went ballistic against the building's owners for not putting up warning signs ... one of her boyfriends gave her an infection that gave me a rash ...

... shall I continue?

Asperger96
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2013, 12:17 pm

Dang… you guys are scaring me out of getting married

ravenloft68
Raven
Raven

21 Dec 2013, 9:07 pm

My "SheR-EX" was psychologically and verbally abusive, controlling, and a Identity Thief! She took my SS# and opened credit card accounts in my name without me knowing <---- she was caught by the credit company after a fraud report. My current fiance helped me nail her! So, the slow Credit Rebuilding begins!! Uuugh!

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2013, 9:21 pm

Asperger96 wrote:
Dang… you guys are scaring me out of getting married

As the person performing the ceremony usually say, "Marriage is not by any to be entered into unadvisedly or lightly; but reverently, discreetly, advisedly, soberly ..."

Had I been paying attention, I'd have run from that place, and not stopped until I'd crossed the Canadian border.

So if you have any doubts about whether or not to get married, don't get married!

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2013, 10:33 am

When I married the ex, I remember standing there and thinking, as the ceremony started "Well, I can always get a divorce". I mainly married him because my mother hated him.