Slightly underweight or curvy/slightly overweight?

Page 11 of 14 [ 207 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 18 Jun 2012
Age: 55
Gender: Female
Posts: 13,928
Location: Aux Arcs

27 Dec 2013, 6:17 pm

I think of the two body builders from Little Britain and Hans and Frans from Saturday Night Live when steroids come to mind.


_________________
"Security is mostly a superstition.It does not exist in nature,nor do the children of men as a whole experience it.Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure.Life is either a daring adventure,or nothing." Helen Keller


leafplant
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 5 Oct 2013
Age: 48
Gender: Female
Posts: 2,222

27 Dec 2013, 6:20 pm

MR_BOGAN wrote:
Is the reason you like the more buff one because you have put on more weight as you have got older. Like if you were with the slimmer guy he would make you feel more fat(To put it bluntly). The buff guy would make you feel more feminine.

The two pics are the same guy if you didn't realize.


i did realise it's the same guy - Chris Hemsworth is like my celebrity crush

No, the reason isn't the weight, it's because I am older and the buffer Chris is older - so seems more appealing than the skinny Chris who is just too young to be appealing to me at this age.

Post two guys of the same age (over 35) one buff and one skinny and that will be a more accurate test for what you want to find out.



The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 16 Jun 2010
Age: 37
Gender: Male
Posts: 28,967
Location: Beirut, Lebanon.

27 Dec 2013, 6:20 pm

Misslizard wrote:
I think of the two body builders from Little Britain and Hans and Frans from Saturday Night Live when steroids come to mind.


To be more accurate, let's call them chem buffs, since the are other nasty things used by body builders other than steroids and that would make them look more 'natural'. ie. Growth Hormone cycles, Testosterone injections.....etc.



Eureka13
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 1 Nov 2013
Age: 63
Gender: Female
Posts: 1,058
Location: The wilds of Colorado

27 Dec 2013, 6:30 pm

Personally, my male ideal is a tiny bit on the slender side, mildly muscular but without particularly noticeable muscle definition, and with a bit of a gut - not the 9-months-pregnant look, but maybe a small pillow. In other words, doesn't necessarily look strong but is not a total weakling, and there's something about the slight gut that makes him look mature, real, and not overly concerned with his looks, i.e., is not vain. :lol:



MR_BOGAN
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 5 Mar 2008
Age: 119
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,200
Location: The great trailer park in the sky!

27 Dec 2013, 6:36 pm

leafplant wrote:
MR_BOGAN wrote:
Is the reason you like the more buff one because you have put on more weight as you have got older. Like if you were with the slimmer guy he would make you feel more fat(To put it bluntly). The buff guy would make you feel more feminine.

The two pics are the same guy if you didn't realize.


i did realise it's the same guy - Chris Hemsworth is like my celebrity crush

No, the reason isn't the weight, it's because I am older and the buffer Chris is older - so seems more appealing than the skinny Chris who is just too young to be appealing to me at this age.

Post two guys of the same age (over 35) one buff and one skinny and that will be a more accurate test for what you want to find out.


Oh that would be hard for me.
Chris is actually 30 now, so he is still kind of young. I don't know the age he was in the skinny pic. Have a think about it.

Also I really suspect Chris roided up now. He looks a bit like a freak now IMO.


_________________
Dirty Dancing (1987) - Trailer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qU8CmMJf8QA


leafplant
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 5 Oct 2013
Age: 48
Gender: Female
Posts: 2,222

27 Dec 2013, 6:42 pm

The difference between women and men in terms of attraction is always skewed because men are always attracted sexually first, whereas women may find someone aesthetically pleasing but wouldn't necessarily feel attracted to them if that person doesn't convey the image of someone who possesses the qualities that the woman is looking for in the partner.

The bulky Chris just appears more mature, and while his muscles are probably a bit much in close up, overall he just gives the impression of a guy that's mature and capable and knows how to handle a woman :lol:

Skinny guys (which I used to go exclusively for in the past, regardless how chubby I was), just give off the aura of being inoffensive, which used to be very appealing to me when I was younger and terrified of sex.



MadeUnderground
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 9 Dec 2012
Age: 28
Gender: Male
Posts: 635

27 Dec 2013, 7:19 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
I think of the two body builders from Little Britain and Hans and Frans from Saturday Night Live when steroids come to mind.


To be more accurate, let's call them chem buffs, since the are other nasty things used by body builders other than steroids and that would make them look more 'natural'. ie. Growth Hormone cycles, Testosterone injections.....etc.



I just have to say that not every single person who is in good shape and has muscles is on something, be it HGH, steroids, synthetics etc.

There are some people who look good and got it by years of hard work and strict dieting.


Just throwing that out there since everyone's knee jerk reaction to seeing muscle is steroids and such.

I know a LOT of people do use to achieve the look. In fact most do, because we live in a society of instant gratification, so very few people have the patience that is required to get such results naturally.

Anyway.. carry on.



MR_BOGAN
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 5 Mar 2008
Age: 119
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,200
Location: The great trailer park in the sky!

27 Dec 2013, 7:21 pm

Eureka13 wrote:
Personally, my male ideal is a tiny bit on the slender side, mildly muscular but without particularly noticeable muscle definition, and with a bit of a gut - not the 9-months-pregnant look, but maybe a small pillow. In other words, doesn't necessarily look strong but is not a total weakling, and there's something about the slight gut that makes him look mature, real, and not overly concerned with his looks, i.e., is not vain. :lol:


You are a real woman you like a man with curves. I man with curves is a real man.

@leafplant I don't know you seem a bit of a hypocrite. You shouldn't begrudge skinny women and men that like them. Because you seem to be the same with your muscle men on the other extreme. :shrug:


_________________
Dirty Dancing (1987) - Trailer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qU8CmMJf8QA


TheygoMew
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 3 Nov 2010
Age: 40
Gender: Female
Posts: 1,109

27 Dec 2013, 8:07 pm

I find people trying to brainwash others into just liking one type of body type is just lame.

-Magazines do it but really it's aimed at women to make themselves feel bad so they buy their "fashion" and expensive beauty products then they turn around and hate women. Boycott the magazines, not some random woman you see.

-Then you have movements trying to depict the overweight woman as the hottest and "more energetic in bed". Same type of brainwashing, just done by a different group. Then of course you have the "I hear this and that about skinny women" One in this thread that any man that falls for a skinny woman has psychological issues or mommy issues. Sounds like just someone trying to manipulate which translates into "You're going to like my body type or else you're just a little boy!" Sorry but sounds a bit narcissistic and delusional.

Boosting your own self worth while knocking someone else down just shows a petty insecure drama queen who portrays a false image in hopes that your words will triumph over actions.

The most beautiful people of all still understand that beauty comes from within. Having pretty features is a bonus but if a man hooks up with a pretty woman who is dense, selfish, mean, rude, narcissistic on the inside and it clashes with his personality, it won't last.

For me, ladies, I'm not going to tolerate being bashed for being thin. I have been this way my whole life and don't give a damn if you feel your fat rolls make you better. You may even think you could beat me in a fight because suddenly your fat rolls equal muscles. All I'd have to do is run around the block, wait for you to lose your breath and beat your ass. Honestly, I think America and Mexico need to put down the processed foods, stop stuffing your faces with garbage, stop playing the victim then being jerks to people that are thin so you can feel better. All of this enabling bullshit is making our society look like a bunch of lazy ungrateful gluttonous pigs. Geez, this lady here wants to keep gaining weight and the boyfriend is enabling her. He comes across as someone who probably can't wait for her to die and reap some form of benefits.

It's a wake up call. Fat rolls are not beautiful. It's disgusting. Starving yourself and your ribs poking out is not beautiful, it's disgusting. BOTH HAVE HEALTH RISKS AND YOU CAN DIE FROM IT. Being thin does not mean you are anoerexic either. Being obese as this lady in the video and claiming you don't eat that much is a damned lie so don't want to hear it anymore.



Do you think this husband really cares about his wife's health? He even lies about her "good" health because in another video, her doctor is worried about her.



[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47Cb4rjfPTw[/youtube]



leafplant
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 5 Oct 2013
Age: 48
Gender: Female
Posts: 2,222

27 Dec 2013, 8:17 pm

MR_BOGAN wrote:
Eureka13 wrote:
Personally, my male ideal is a tiny bit on the slender side, mildly muscular but without particularly noticeable muscle definition, and with a bit of a gut - not the 9-months-pregnant look, but maybe a small pillow. In other words, doesn't necessarily look strong but is not a total weakling, and there's something about the slight gut that makes him look mature, real, and not overly concerned with his looks, i.e., is not vain. :lol:


You are a real woman you like a man with curves. I man with curves is a real man.

@leafplant I don't know you seem a bit of a hypocrite. You shouldn't begrudge skinny women and men that like them. Because you seem to be the same with your muscle men on the other extreme. :shrug:


It's not me who is a hypocrite. You are saying real man has curves (meaning he is fat) but is allowed to insist on dating super skinny women?

I don't begrudge anyone their preferences, but I do find it an interesting exercise to investigate what is behind the attractions people have. What I do begrudge is a societal norm that dictates that most men prefer skinny women which makes young girls starve themselves in an effort to be appealing to men. That I do begrudge.



TheygoMew
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 3 Nov 2010
Age: 40
Gender: Female
Posts: 1,109

27 Dec 2013, 9:06 pm

leafplant wrote:
MR_BOGAN wrote:
Eureka13 wrote:
Personally, my male ideal is a tiny bit on the slender side, mildly muscular but without particularly noticeable muscle definition, and with a bit of a gut - not the 9-months-pregnant look, but maybe a small pillow. In other words, doesn't necessarily look strong but is not a total weakling, and there's something about the slight gut that makes him look mature, real, and not overly concerned with his looks, i.e., is not vain. :lol:


You are a real woman you like a man with curves. I man with curves is a real man.

@leafplant I don't know you seem a bit of a hypocrite. You shouldn't begrudge skinny women and men that like them. Because you seem to be the same with your muscle men on the other extreme. :shrug:


It's not me who is a hypocrite. You are saying real man has curves (meaning he is fat) but is allowed to insist on dating super skinny women?

I don't begrudge anyone their preferences, but I do find it an interesting exercise to investigate what is behind the attractions people have. What I do begrudge is a societal norm that dictates that most men prefer skinny women which makes young girls starve themselves in an effort to be appealing to men. That I do begrudge.


I'm under the impression "super skinny" in your eyes is anyone who is thin period. ESPECIALLY if it's a thin woman. Everyone has their preferences and who are you to tell them if they find a thin woman attractive they have "psychological issues or mommy issues". Are you always this manipulative and insecure? What about men who go for obese women. What is their problem? I'm sure there's no problem in your eyes because at least it's not a skinny woman. :roll:



Eureka13
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 1 Nov 2013
Age: 63
Gender: Female
Posts: 1,058
Location: The wilds of Colorado

27 Dec 2013, 9:56 pm

So much defensiveness over this topic. I don't see anybody hatin' on skinny women - what I see them hatin' on is a false portrayal of what is considered to be "normal and desirable" in physical attributes, as dictated to us by media via the fashion industry. EVERYBODY has their own particular preference, as this thread has clearly shown.

As far as I'm concerned, "normal" is whatever one's DNA dictates is normal for any given individual, combined with some level of attentiveness for keeping oneself reasonably healthy. I.e., no deliberate starvation of oneself, no utter disregard for the dangers of abusive overeating, no taking of drugs to make oneself super thin or super ripped.

The late-ish trend towards skinny emo boys in fashion is just as distasteful as the long-enduring trend of Twiggy-type female ideals in fashion. I honestly don't think there are many who find the uber-muscled types to be particularly attractive, either. I'd bet we all find Jessica Simpson as a young woman reasonably attractive - she's not too thin, she's not obese, she doesn't have ridiculously low body fat and pumped muscles. Some may prefer a woman a bit thinner, some may prefer a bit plumper. The point is that she is not any extreme, and that is why she was so attractive at that age. Some of us may naturally have a bit more padding; some of us may naturally have a bit less. Again, the key is: what is natural and healthy for YOU? No one should have to obsess over trying to be something they are not, so long as they are healthy.



Yuzu
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 28 Dec 2011
Gender: Female
Posts: 1,248
Location: Bay area, California

27 Dec 2013, 10:51 pm

I find Rooney Mara as Lisbeth Salander very attractive.
Image

And I don't give a damn if men think her figure is unattractive, I want to look like her.



MR_BOGAN
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 5 Mar 2008
Age: 119
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,200
Location: The great trailer park in the sky!

28 Dec 2013, 1:49 am

leafplant wrote:
MR_BOGAN wrote:
Eureka13 wrote:
Personally, my male ideal is a tiny bit on the slender side, mildly muscular but without particularly noticeable muscle definition, and with a bit of a gut - not the 9-months-pregnant look, but maybe a small pillow. In other words, doesn't necessarily look strong but is not a total weakling, and there's something about the slight gut that makes him look mature, real, and not overly concerned with his looks, i.e., is not vain. :lol:


You are a real woman you like a man with curves. I man with curves is a real man.

@leafplant I don't know you seem a bit of a hypocrite. You shouldn't begrudge skinny women and men that like them. Because you seem to be the same with your muscle men on the other extreme. :shrug:


It's not me who is a hypocrite. You are saying real man has curves (meaning he is fat) but is allowed to insist on dating super skinny women?

I don't begrudge anyone their preferences, but I do find it an interesting exercise to investigate what is behind the attractions people have. What I do begrudge is a societal norm that dictates that most men prefer skinny women which makes young girls starve themselves in an effort to be appealing to men. That I do begrudge.


I never said that about fat men. The real men have curves I was joking. I'm just pointing out the hypocrasy there. I've never seen a fat guy being held up as a male beauty standard. So why should it be any different for women.

Anyway if a fat guy wants to date skinny women I don't have a problem with that. It's not illegal or anything.

You do begrudge preferences though. You say that you don't like how men like skinny women. You typed it. :lol:
I bolded it for you.

You know young men are becoming gym junkies taking nasty stuff to try and get big and buff to become more appealing to women. Basically from women who have preferences like yourself. It's no different to women trying to become skinny.

MadeUnderground said it himself, he says most do it.


_________________
Dirty Dancing (1987) - Trailer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qU8CmMJf8QA


The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 16 Jun 2010
Age: 37
Gender: Male
Posts: 28,967
Location: Beirut, Lebanon.

28 Dec 2013, 3:43 am

MadeUnderground wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
I think of the two body builders from Little Britain and Hans and Frans from Saturday Night Live when steroids come to mind.


To be more accurate, let's call them chem buffs, since the are other nasty things used by body builders other than steroids and that would make them look more 'natural'. ie. Growth Hormone cycles, Testosterone injections.....etc.



I just have to say that not every single person who is in good shape and has muscles is on something, be it HGH, steroids, synthetics etc.

There are some people who look good and got it by years of hard work and strict dieting.


Just throwing that out there since everyone's knee jerk reaction to seeing muscle is steroids and such.

I know a LOT of people do use to achieve the look. In fact most do, because we live in a society of instant gratification, so very few people have the patience that is required to get such results naturally.

Anyway.. carry on.


Yes, I didn't say every buff takes that, I saw your pic and you're normal, but as you said it most guys do it. Every buff I saw in the gym advised me to take one of those things, even the male instructors advised me to take muscle drinks - and no, they are not just proteins.