Slightly underweight or curvy/slightly overweight?

Page 3 of 14 [ 207 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14  Next

Yuzu
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 28 Dec 2011
Gender: Female
Posts: 1,248
Location: Bay area, California

17 Dec 2013, 4:50 pm

Eureka13 wrote:
Yuzu wrote:
Eureka13 wrote:
Yuzu wrote:
Eureka13 wrote:
My beef is with women who starve themselves to maintain an unrealistic weight/body shape. I've known plenty of women who were "Big & Beautiful" and were perfectly healthy. Go with what god/nature/genetics gave you, embrace it, and love yourself for you naturally are.


Do you have beef with obese women as well? Or you just hate anorexic women more. If so, why?


You keep trying to turn my belief that "pandering to society's/the media's vision of what a woman should look like is misguided and unhealthy" into me "hating skinny people."

What part of "love yourself as you naturally are" translates into "I hate skinny people"?


Because I don't see you bashing unhealthy obese women who are more prevalent than anorexic women. I don't see you positing a shocking picture of obese woman. Do you have more problem with anorexic women than obese women? If not, why didn't you state "I have beef with both women who starve themselves and women who stuff themselves with food"?

By the way I'm not underweight.


Because the media/society does not ENCOURAGE women to be obese - it not only encourages them to be underweight, it more or less demands it. I'm not railing against underweight women - I'm railing against popular sentiment. See the difference?


Then why did you say "My beef is with women who starve themselves to maintain an unrealistic weight/body shape."?
You're contradicting yourself.
Why do you have a beef with them anyway?



MjrMajorMajor
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 15 Jan 2012
Gender: Female
Posts: 8,914

17 Dec 2013, 5:01 pm

I've never understood the preoccupation about being seen as attractive. I see it in other women all the time, where turning heads and seeking attention seems to be the driving force of their existence. It's quite irritating, because everything is turned into some weird competition for them.
Admiring someone's physicality is just admiring the shiny wrapping paper. Everyone is drawn to different patterns, and it's just not that important in the overall scheme of things.
I've been thin, and I am currently overweight. I don't consider myself unattractive, and unless I'm looking for a sexual partner I really don't give a d#mn about other people's opinions.

People like what they like. The end.



The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 16 Jun 2010
Age: 37
Gender: Male
Posts: 28,716
Location: Beirut, Lebanon.

17 Dec 2013, 5:03 pm

MjrMajorMajor wrote:
I've never understood the preoccupation about being seen as attractive. I see it in other women all the time, where turning heads and seeking attention seems to be the driving force of their existence. It's quite irritating, because everything is turned into some weird competition for them.
Admiring someone's physicality is just admiring the shiny wrapping paper. Everyone is drawn to different patterns, and it's just not that important in the overall scheme of things.
I've been thin, and I am currently overweight. I don't consider myself unattractive, and unless I'm looking for a sexual partner I really don't give a d#mn about other people's opinions.

People like what they like. The end.


Aren't you married?



MjrMajorMajor
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 15 Jan 2012
Gender: Female
Posts: 8,914

17 Dec 2013, 5:10 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
MjrMajorMajor wrote:
I've never understood the preoccupation about being seen as attractive. I see it in other women all the time, where turning heads and seeking attention seems to be the driving force of their existence. It's quite irritating, because everything is turned into some weird competition for them.
Admiring someone's physicality is just admiring the shiny wrapping paper. Everyone is drawn to different patterns, and it's just not that important in the overall scheme of things.
I've been thin, and I am currently overweight. I don't consider myself unattractive, and unless I'm looking for a sexual partner I really don't give a d#mn about other people's opinions.

People like what they like. The end.


Aren't you married?


For almost a decade. And no, not looking. :wink:



Eureka13
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 1 Nov 2013
Age: 63
Gender: Female
Posts: 1,058
Location: The wilds of Colorado

17 Dec 2013, 5:21 pm

Yuzu, it is now your choice to continue to deliberately misunderstand. If you honestly don't get what I'm saying, send me a PM and I'll explain it further, but I'm not going to derail this thread by engaging in a pointless semantic battle with you.



Yuzu
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 28 Dec 2011
Gender: Female
Posts: 1,248
Location: Bay area, California

17 Dec 2013, 5:45 pm

Fine, you can PM me your answers to my questions I asked in my last post.
I'd like simple answers to those specific questions.

Quote:
If you're "not railing against underweight women", why did you say "My beef is with women who starve themselves to maintain an unrealistic weight/body shape."?
Why do you have a beef with them anyway?



Who_Am_I
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

User avatar

Joined: 27 Aug 2005
Age: 35
Gender: Female
Posts: 13,096
Location: My body is in Brisbane and my mind is in the gutter. :D

17 Dec 2013, 6:01 pm

Quote:
And last weekend she went for a swiss-cheese burger in the resto, even I hesitate to eat such stuff!


This one time, a fat person ate a burger! 8O :o


_________________
Music Theory 101: Cadences.
Authentic cadence: V-I
Plagal cadence: IV-I
Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I


Eureka13
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 1 Nov 2013
Age: 63
Gender: Female
Posts: 1,058
Location: The wilds of Colorado

17 Dec 2013, 6:06 pm

Nope, since you're the one who has a problem with it, you can PM me if it really matters to you. While you're at it, you can explain why it's okay to assume evil intent from someone who's new on this forum, about whom you know nothing. You are putting words in my mouth, and that is much more offensive than the unintentionally semantically incorrect statement I made....and then went out of my way to clarify, several times, after you jumped my s**t.

I see your responses as attention-seeking, not clarity-seeking. If you are deliberately choosing to misunderstand, I can't fix that. Carry on.



The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 16 Jun 2010
Age: 37
Gender: Male
Posts: 28,716
Location: Beirut, Lebanon.

17 Dec 2013, 6:20 pm

MjrMajorMajor wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
MjrMajorMajor wrote:
I've never understood the preoccupation about being seen as attractive. I see it in other women all the time, where turning heads and seeking attention seems to be the driving force of their existence. It's quite irritating, because everything is turned into some weird competition for them.
Admiring someone's physicality is just admiring the shiny wrapping paper. Everyone is drawn to different patterns, and it's just not that important in the overall scheme of things.
I've been thin, and I am currently overweight. I don't consider myself unattractive, and unless I'm looking for a sexual partner I really don't give a d#mn about other people's opinions.

People like what they like. The end.


Aren't you married?


For almost a decade. And no, not looking. :wink:


That's why you can't understand; it has been ages for you ;).



The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 16 Jun 2010
Age: 37
Gender: Male
Posts: 28,716
Location: Beirut, Lebanon.

17 Dec 2013, 6:21 pm

Who_Am_I wrote:
Quote:
And last weekend she went for a swiss-cheese burger in the resto, even I hesitate to eat such stuff!


This one time, a fat person ate a burger! 8O :o


If only it was one time.

It's ok, I won't tell anyone that you had your fifth burger this week.



Last edited by The_Face_of_Boo on 17 Dec 2013, 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 16 Jun 2010
Age: 37
Gender: Male
Posts: 28,716
Location: Beirut, Lebanon.

17 Dec 2013, 6:24 pm

....



Last edited by The_Face_of_Boo on 17 Dec 2013, 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Yuzu
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 28 Dec 2011
Gender: Female
Posts: 1,248
Location: Bay area, California

17 Dec 2013, 6:33 pm

Eureka13 wrote:
Nope, since you're the one who has a problem with it, you can PM me if it really matters to you. While you're at it, you can explain why it's okay to assume evil intent from someone who's new on this forum, about whom you know nothing. You are putting words in my mouth, and that is much more offensive than the unintentionally semantically incorrect statement I made....and then went out of my way to clarify, several times, after you jumped my sh**.

I see your responses as attention-seeking, not clarity-seeking. If you are deliberately choosing to misunderstand, I can't fix that. Carry on.


Now you made it clear. That's what I was looking for. Because you didn't answer my questions in a more direct way, I wasn't sure if you made "the semantically incorrect statement unintentionally." Now you admit it I can move on.
You don't know me either and if you do, you would know that I have no evil intent for you and I was really trying to understand what you really meant.



Eureka13
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 1 Nov 2013
Age: 63
Gender: Female
Posts: 1,058
Location: The wilds of Colorado

17 Dec 2013, 6:37 pm

Yuzu wrote:
Eureka13 wrote:
Nope, since you're the one who has a problem with it, you can PM me if it really matters to you. While you're at it, you can explain why it's okay to assume evil intent from someone who's new on this forum, about whom you know nothing. You are putting words in my mouth, and that is much more offensive than the unintentionally semantically incorrect statement I made....and then went out of my way to clarify, several times, after you jumped my sh**.

I see your responses as attention-seeking, not clarity-seeking. If you are deliberately choosing to misunderstand, I can't fix that. Carry on.


Now you made it clear. That's what I was looking for. Because you didn't answer my questions in a more direct way, I wasn't sure if you made "the semantically incorrect statement unintentionally." Now you admit it I can move on.
You don't know me either and if you do, you would know that I have no evil intent for you and I was really trying to understand what you really meant.


Thank you. FWIW, you came across as simply wanting to start a s**t storm, and not really wanting to know what I meant at all. I'm glad it wasn't that.



The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 16 Jun 2010
Age: 37
Gender: Male
Posts: 28,716
Location: Beirut, Lebanon.

17 Dec 2013, 6:38 pm

Ok, time for a lesbian kiss you two.



Eureka13
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 1 Nov 2013
Age: 63
Gender: Female
Posts: 1,058
Location: The wilds of Colorado

17 Dec 2013, 6:44 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Eureka13 wrote:
Yuzu, it is now your choice to continue to deliberately misunderstand. If you honestly don't get what I'm saying, send me a PM and I'll explain it further, but I'm not going to derail this thread by engaging in a pointless semantic battle with you.


It's because you were jerk before and called skinny women "bags of bones".

Now imagine someone is describing overweight people as bags of fat....


Yeah, and I clarified my intent there, too. Which is why I felt like Yuzu was simply trying to pick a fight and didn't really care about my answer.

So, guys on here can be totally misogynistic, pretty much all the time, and that's okay, but let a woman make an offhand, snide remark about blindly following society's dictates that one can never be "too rich, or too thin" and that comes across as offensive? LOL!

But, thanks for letting me know I came across as a jerk. I'll be sure to let all the rest of you know when you're coming across as jerks, too. :lol: :wink: