Slightly underweight or curvy/slightly overweight?

Page 4 of 14 [ 207 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 14  Next

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 16 Jun 2010
Age: 37
Gender: Male
Posts: 28,715
Location: Beirut, Lebanon.

17 Dec 2013, 6:46 pm

Eureka13 wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Eureka13 wrote:
Yuzu, it is now your choice to continue to deliberately misunderstand. If you honestly don't get what I'm saying, send me a PM and I'll explain it further, but I'm not going to derail this thread by engaging in a pointless semantic battle with you.


It's because you were jerk before and called skinny women "bags of bones".

Now imagine someone is describing overweight people as bags of fat....


Yeah, and I clarified my intent there, too. Which is why I felt like Yuzu was simply trying to pick a fight and didn't really care about my answer.

So, guys on here can be totally misogynistic, pretty much all the time, and that's okay, but let a woman make an offhand, snide remark about blindly following society's dictates that one can never be "too rich, or too thin" and that comes across as offensive? LOL!

But, thanks for letting me know I came across as a jerk. I'll be sure to let all the rest of you know when you're coming across as jerks, too. :lol: :wink:


I am a bag of testosterone.


And hair.



Eureka13
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 1 Nov 2013
Age: 63
Gender: Female
Posts: 1,058
Location: The wilds of Colorado

17 Dec 2013, 6:47 pm

:oops:

I had typed a post a couple pages back about my original, unintentional, semantically-incorrect statement and corrected it. It appears, however, that the ether ate it, because it's not there now.

That is why I thought Yuzu was being such a jerk about it. My bad.



mr_bigmouth_502
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Dec 2013
Age: 26
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,993
Location: Alberta, Canada

17 Dec 2013, 6:47 pm

To be completely honest, slightly underweight. Why? I just prefer the way they look, compared to women who are slightly overweight. I mean, I would prefer a woman of a "healthy" weight, but it's easier for someone who is underweight to gain weight, than it is for someone overweight to lose weight.



The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 16 Jun 2010
Age: 37
Gender: Male
Posts: 28,715
Location: Beirut, Lebanon.

17 Dec 2013, 6:54 pm

Eureka13 wrote:
:oops:

I had typed a post a couple pages back about my original, unintentional, semantically-incorrect statement and corrected it. It appears, however, that the ether ate it, because it's not there now.

That is why I thought Yuzu was being such a jerk about it. My bad.



I am Jerk, you are jerk...we are a jerking family Lalala



wavecannon
Toucan
Toucan

User avatar

Joined: 8 Aug 2013
Age: 28
Gender: Male
Posts: 271
Location: Yorkshire

17 Dec 2013, 7:01 pm

Slightly underweight cruises to victory for me in those picture examples.



leafplant
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 5 Oct 2013
Age: 48
Gender: Female
Posts: 2,222

17 Dec 2013, 7:14 pm

You can't get fat on air so I am sorry, I will not be buying the hormonal and other medically induced obesity issues any time soon. I am fat because I eat like a f*****g builder. Actually, I am amazed I am not three times the size I am because I tend to eat 3 or 4 portions of everything. When I ate one meal a day and worked out 2 hours each day I was super skinny.

I have also gained weight on anti depressants - because I ate lots! Not because anti depressants make you fat themselves.

Those super skinny girls on those pictures starve themselves for the 'look' (which in their chosen profession is very important) and I find that super offensive considering how many people in the world do not have any food and are starving to death because of it. Of course, stuffing one's face with 10 big macs isn't any better either. We live in a crazy world. There are over 1 BILLION obese people on the planet while according to the most recent UN figures, there are 'only' just under 900 million undernurished http://www.fao.org/news/story/jp/item/161819/icode/

On the other hand, some people are naturally skinny. I have a friend like that. Although, to be fair, she does eat like a bird compared to me. She used to claim she ate tons of stuff and cake etc and couldn't put on any weight but when she stayed over with me it was obvious that she just doesn't eat nowhere as much as I do. She eats a normal amount of food for her height. I wish I could do that and eat food for reasons of nutrition, not for reasons of pleasure, boredom, comfort, etc etc.

Happy Stuffing Your Face Time people in the Christmas celebrating parts of the world :P



Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 18 Jun 2012
Age: 55
Gender: Female
Posts: 13,895
Location: Aux Arcs

17 Dec 2013, 8:22 pm

I showed the selection to my son,he preferred the blonde girl on the bottom,I think Jessica Simpson?His remark about the very slim girls was that they had chicken legs.
Some people are very slim and small boned naturally.They look fine that way since it is their natural body type.It does not look attractive if the person is so slender they look sickly and starved.
I can look at something fattening and gain weight.I have to walk regularly to not gain.I am a little short dumpling.I want to be healthy,that's all that really matters.


_________________
"Security is mostly a superstition.It does not exist in nature,nor do the children of men as a whole experience it.Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure.Life is either a daring adventure,or nothing." Helen Keller


yellowtamarin
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 5 Sep 2010
Gender: Female
Posts: 3,860
Location: Australia

17 Dec 2013, 8:27 pm

I prefer slightly overweight / curvy. I feel a bit awkward with skinnier women, I don't really know "what to do" with them, haha. I feel like they are fragile and might break, even though logically I know this not to be true.

Same goes for men.



MjrMajorMajor
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 15 Jan 2012
Gender: Female
Posts: 8,914

17 Dec 2013, 9:35 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
MjrMajorMajor wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
MjrMajorMajor wrote:
I've never understood the preoccupation about being seen as attractive. I see it in other women all the time, where turning heads and seeking attention seems to be the driving force of their existence. It's quite irritating, because everything is turned into some weird competition for them.
Admiring someone's physicality is just admiring the shiny wrapping paper. Everyone is drawn to different patterns, and it's just not that important in the overall scheme of things.
I've been thin, and I am currently overweight. I don't consider myself unattractive, and unless I'm looking for a sexual partner I really don't give a d#mn about other people's opinions.

People like what they like. The end.


Aren't you married?




For almost a decade. And no, not looking. :wink:


That's why you can't understand; it has been ages for you ;).


Yeah, but I've always felt that way. I wasn't married until 29, so I spent plenty of time single.:shrug:



Yuzu
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 28 Dec 2011
Gender: Female
Posts: 1,248
Location: Bay area, California

17 Dec 2013, 9:37 pm

Eureka13 wrote:
Thank you. FWIW, you came across as simply wanting to start a sh** storm, and not really wanting to know what I meant at all. I'm glad it wasn't that.


Happens to me all the time. People tend to assign unnecessary feelings to what I'm asking and then they get too emotional and defensive. All I'm asking is their thought process how they came to that comment.



Eureka13
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 1 Nov 2013
Age: 63
Gender: Female
Posts: 1,058
Location: The wilds of Colorado

17 Dec 2013, 9:42 pm

When it comes to visual preferences, I personally find anyone more attractive with a little padding (especially when they're unclothed). I don't like looking at a person's bone structure. It makes me think of the near-starving animals I've rescued from time to time. Yes, a person can be slender without being bony. A person can also be overweight without being unhealthy. It just makes me sad that the "heavy" women depicted in the OP are considered to be "heavy" when to me they look a lot healthier than the "thin" ones.

Even though I don't have much trouble maintaining a reasonable weight as long as I'm a little bit active, it's not easy for everyone. Women, especially, are genetically programmed to put on weight after age 25-30. Of course, in ancient times, a woman's child-bearing days were usually long over by the time they were 30, so nobody cared. Now the trend, thanks mostly to the fashion industry, is to attempt to maintain the look of a young nubile girl until you die. Men don't usually start putting on weight and losing muscle mass until their late 30s/early 40s, about the same time their testosterone production begins to decline. Of course there are always exceptions, people who have naturally high metabolisms and never put on weight no matter what they eat or how old they are. And if someone feels it is important to them to maintain the same size and shape they were at age 20, that's certainly their prerogative. I just wish that our culture didn't make social acceptance dependent on looking a certain way. Isn't that why we're all here? Because we don't "fit in" with the rest of society? Shouldn't we ASDs, of all people, be debunking the myth that we all have to look/act/be the same in order to be an accepted member of society?

I keep remembering a woman I knew who was 5'10" and wore a size 2 or size 0. She was constantly taking diet pills and even various forms of amphetamines to maintain that weight. She would literally go weeks without eating anything but diet shakes, consuming sometimes less than 200 calories a day. She was sick half the time, and the pills/drugs made her darned close to nucking futs most of the time. She had such a bad self-image that she was difficult to be around, even when she wasn't hopped up on drugs. She had been a model briefly when she was in her teens, she came from a "high society" family to whom appearances were everything, and even after having four children and being into her early 40s, her weight still was THE MOST important thing in her life. More important than her children, more important than her husband, more important than her job or her friends. A desperately unhappy woman. Sadly, she is not the only woman I know who obsesses over her weight to the detriment of everything else in her life.



Who_Am_I
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

User avatar

Joined: 27 Aug 2005
Age: 35
Gender: Female
Posts: 13,096
Location: My body is in Brisbane and my mind is in the gutter. :D

17 Dec 2013, 11:10 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Who_Am_I wrote:
Quote:
And last weekend she went for a swiss-cheese burger in the resto, even I hesitate to eat such stuff!


This one time, a fat person ate a burger! 8O :o


If only it was one time.

It's ok, I won't tell anyone that you had your fifth burger this week.


I have not eaten a single burger this week.
As it happens, my downfalls are crispy fried things and anything with fresh cream. :P


_________________
Music Theory 101: Cadences.
Authentic cadence: V-I
Plagal cadence: IV-I
Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I


TheygoMew
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 3 Nov 2010
Age: 40
Gender: Female
Posts: 1,109

17 Dec 2013, 11:45 pm

Eureka13 wrote:
When it comes to visual preferences, I personally find anyone more attractive with a little padding (especially when they're unclothed). I don't like looking at a person's bone structure. It makes me think of the near-starving animals I've rescued from time to time. Yes, a person can be slender without being bony. A person can also be overweight without being unhealthy. It just makes me sad that the "heavy" women depicted in the OP are considered to be "heavy" when to me they look a lot healthier than the "thin" ones.

Even though I don't have much trouble maintaining a reasonable weight as long as I'm a little bit active, it's not easy for everyone. Women, especially, are genetically programmed to put on weight after age 25-30. Of course, in ancient times, a woman's child-bearing days were usually long over by the time they were 30, so nobody cared. Now the trend, thanks mostly to the fashion industry, is to attempt to maintain the look of a young nubile girl until you die. Men don't usually start putting on weight and losing muscle mass until their late 30s/early 40s, about the same time their testosterone production begins to decline. Of course there are always exceptions, people who have naturally high metabolisms and never put on weight no matter what they eat or how old they are. And if someone feels it is important to them to maintain the same size and shape they were at age 20, that's certainly their prerogative. I just wish that our culture didn't make social acceptance dependent on looking a certain way. Isn't that why we're all here? Because we don't "fit in" with the rest of society? Shouldn't we ASDs, of all people, be debunking the myth that we all have to look/act/be the same in order to be an accepted member of society?

I keep remembering a woman I knew who was 5'10" and wore a size 2 or size 0. She was constantly taking diet pills and even various forms of amphetamines to maintain that weight. She would literally go weeks without eating anything but diet shakes, consuming sometimes less than 200 calories a day. She was sick half the time, and the pills/drugs made her darned close to nucking futs most of the time. She had such a bad self-image that she was difficult to be around, even when she wasn't hopped up on drugs. She had been a model briefly when she was in her teens, she came from a "high society" family to whom appearances were everything, and even after having four children and being into her early 40s, her weight still was THE MOST important thing in her life. More important than her children, more important than her husband, more important than her job or her friends. A desperately unhappy woman. Sadly, she is not the only woman I know who obsesses over her weight to the detriment of everything else in her life.


Sounds like to me you generalize as though all thin women are taking diet pills because you know of one woman. I've heard this same type of stuff before and bigger women like to bully us thin women by outcasting, spreading rumors saying that "we aren't real women" then the myth that ALL women between the age you listed put on weight but that isn't really true. If you take a look back in time, you will see women who had alot of kids but still stayed thin and they weren't starving themselves. The truth of the matter is, our food has changed, habits have changed and women are being used to turn against each other. They will sit there and blame any random thin woman passing by for what is going on in fashion magazines as if that random thin woman stranger is in control of that. We're not. It's the same as it ever was. A man that hates women decides to declare what is beautiful and guess what? Most women no matter their weight are made to feel insecure about their looks but women are just being catty snobs to each other and downright rude and hateful as if they are justified.

This is backlash against feminism using a brainwashing technique and quite frankly, I see it in motion and it's working against women...yes even us thin women whom you would probably take one look at me and declare "Go eat!" Even though I do. The double standard nonsense is old. It's not okay to put down someone who is overweight nor is it okay to put down someone who is underweight. I weigh 105 pounds at 5"5 so not anorexic but according to any woman that is bigger than me I must not eat. It's downright insulting.

It seems like there is this trend of big vs. small women where bigger women feel this need to come together to attack the small women because we are being blamed for stuff we have no control over or their lame ideas on feminism which is actually just bullying. I grow tired of seeing comparisons of today's super model with Marilyn Monroe too. I often see Marilyn being depicted as some overweight model when she was not or she is the icon for BBW women but most do not look like Marilyn or have her body either. I always see this:

Since when did this:

[img][800:1600]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-n661ktEHzx4/TvVGZauxdSI/AAAAAAAAFqc/3U5D0ytaorU/s1600/marilyn_monroe_beach.jpg[/img]


turn into this:

Image


However I could also say...

Since when did this:

[img][800:1600]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-n661ktEHzx4/TvVGZauxdSI/AAAAAAAAFqc/3U5D0ytaorU/s1600/marilyn_monroe_beach.jpg[/img]


turn into this:


Image



If you find yourself insulted by that comparison okay then think about how thin women feel? Even though I don't look that thin...my ribs aren't poking out and I don't look like a skeleton it is sending the message that it's okay to belittle and pick on skinny women. They don't carry my size in the women's department even though in the 90's before they decided to make my size 3 into a ZERO to ONE, I could shop in the women's dept. Now I have to shop in the teens section and if I dare ask for a size one I get dirty looks from the woman who says "we don't carry that size!"

So if it's okay to marginalize thin women out of spite then why the hell do bigger women feel some need to be granted some immunity from being called fat if they pick on thin women all the time and act like a bunch of condescending gossipy bullies? It's called being feeble minded enough to cave into the hate on women by turning them against each other routine. It's worked out well for the men, not so much for us.

So here's the deal. You can call me skinny anorexic b***h and I'll call you fat cow. If that is not a good deal and your feelings are the only ones that matter then maybe you need some introspection.



mr_bigmouth_502
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Dec 2013
Age: 26
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,993
Location: Alberta, Canada

18 Dec 2013, 1:17 am

Marilyn Monroe is a prime example of timeless beauty. I mean like d***, she's hot. :D

Sorry, I couldn't help myself, I'm a guy. XD



The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 16 Jun 2010
Age: 37
Gender: Male
Posts: 28,715
Location: Beirut, Lebanon.

18 Dec 2013, 1:47 am

Misslizard wrote:
I showed the selection to my son,he preferred the blonde girl on the bottom,I think Jessica Simpson?His remark about the very slim girls was that they had chicken legs.
Some people are very slim and small boned naturally.They look fine that way since it is their natural body type.It does not look attractive if the person is so slender they look sickly and starved.
I can look at something fattening and gain weight.I have to walk regularly to not gain.I am a little short dumpling.I want to be healthy,that's all that really matters.


For me, the bottom last has the best figure among all in the post, not too skinny not too overweight, yet curvy.