Feel like will never find friends or soulmate

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

CSIMON1987
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

17 Feb 2014, 7:50 pm

I am 26 almost 27 and have never dated. I always have wanted to date, but sometimes I think people find am too shy, weird, or think there is something wrong with me. I may be shy at first, but once I get to know people I am social, but I never have had one person ever ask me out or ask to hang out with me. I go to college, drive a car, and have a really good paying job, I still can't see why nobody ever asks me out. I hope it is not the case but sometimes wonder if will be single for the rest of my life, I really hope not because I want to have kids and raise a family someday just like normal people do, and have heard of people with aspergers that have kids and are married and I want to be like that, but wonder if will ever get the chance too.

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2014, 7:59 pm

I am told I come across as aloof - so I have to make the first move. after finding that a guy at work had common interests (I had asked him what kind of movies he liked) with me, I asked him to a movie. 14 months later, he asked me to marry him. I was 52. he was 58. first marriage for both. we are happy to be celebrating our fifth anniv in may.

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2014, 8:15 pm

I really wonder if there's hope for me, too. I've been alone so long it's the only way I know how to live. If someone comes into my life that would be nice, unexpected, but nice.