The reason why many are single

Page 1 of 9 [ 131 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next

leafplant
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2013, 10:23 am

is because they are looking for a service provider, not someone to have a mutual exchange with.

Just thought I'd put that out there.

Acedia
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

25 Dec 2013, 11:13 am

We live in an increasingly atomized society + higher levels of unemployment - leads to more people being lonely and so on.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2013, 11:17 am

Or maybe because they have some condition that prevents them to normally develop interpersonal relationships? Like ......umm....Autism perhaps?

Acedia
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

25 Dec 2013, 11:29 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Or maybe because they have some condition that prevents them to normally develop interpersonal relationships? Like ......umm....Autism perhaps?

The problem seems to affect, although to a lesser extent, those that have developed typically as well.

Having an ASD makes it even harder. But there's probably more acceptance of people with autism now, but modern society is becoming increasingly unfriendly. More atomized. So in some ways it's worse now

leafplant
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2013, 11:54 am

Well, the mountain will not be coming to Mohammed any time soon, so here

http://www.succeedsocially.com/

Happy Christmas

AdamAutistic
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2013, 11:56 am

i am single because i hate socialites and it seems that the majority of rhode islanders (and people of states around rhode island) are socialites.

pete1061
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2013, 12:14 pm

Or maybe it's because they don't want the extra burden of another person in their lives interrupting routines.

Or possibly they don't want to be an emotional babysitter.

Diagnosed in 2005

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2013, 12:20 pm

I'm single because I'm too lazy to look, and I'm asexual, so it makes things tricky. :roll:

aspiemike
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2013, 12:20 pm

Acedia wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

The problem seems to affect, although to a lesser extent, those that have developed typically as well.

Having an ASD makes it even harder. But there's probably more acceptance of people with autism now, but modern society is becoming increasingly unfriendly. More atomized. So in some ways it's worse now

I look at Modern society as having become too ego-driven. Too many people are far too concerned with how others view them.

FrankiDelano
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

25 Dec 2013, 12:26 pm

I'm single because I just don't believe in wasting my seed.

jerry00
Toucan
Toucan

25 Dec 2013, 12:28 pm

Acedia wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

I would agree with this. Is there any proof of it though? My theory is that natural human relationships are being taken over by economic ones.

And people are becoming more selfish and ego driven as mike said. But I think that's the natural consequence of a society increasingly dependent on capitalism.

Venger
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2013, 12:51 pm

jerry00 wrote:
Acedia wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

I would agree with this. Is there any proof of it though? My theory is that natural human relationships are being taken over by economic ones.

And people are becoming more selfish and ego driven as mike said. But I think that's the natural consequence of a society increasingly dependent on capitalism.

Ice Cube's having a new rap album out early next year called "Everythang's Corrupt" which should discuss this subject quite a bit. lol

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2013, 1:08 pm

The reason why many are still single? Its simple, because were autistic and not many people like us!

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

TheGoggles
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2013, 1:45 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2013, 2:09 pm

jerry00 wrote:
Acedia wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

This could also apply to people who only date people who look like certain celebrities.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Nambo
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2013, 2:10 pm

I would say its because we cannot speak in the language of Love, somebody might like us, but they are not going to come up to us and say, "look, I really fancy you, will you ask me out please", no, instead they send out various signs and signals that say the same in the form of body language, but as we cannot read them we do not hear their invitations.

Like wise, we cannot give out signals of our own, except off putting signals like staring.