Are asperger men what woman secretly want?

Page 1 of 5 [ 77 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Aspie men more cool then normal men,if they have confidence?
YES! 40%  40%  [ 34 ]
NO! 60%  60%  [ 52 ]
Total votes : 86

wittgenstein
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2014, 10:45 pm

I answer with a strong, YES! We (asperger men) are sensual. We love being touched. We can even tickle ourselves! ( Something "normals" believe is impossible)
We (asperger -ites) are more empathic, sensual and well...more cool then "normals".

I love debate!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtckVng_1a0
My debate style is calm and deadly!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-230v_ecAcM

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2014, 10:59 pm

I can handle it just fine, but I am usually very averse to touch and I have no anecdotes to support this subject...

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

iqtomup
Butterfly
Butterfly

10 Jan 2014, 11:23 pm

I'm pretty sure its gay men that women want.

Eureka13
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2014, 11:46 pm

No secret about it - I definitely like Aspie men, assuming they DO like physical contact.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

11 Jan 2014, 12:53 am

I think this question may depend on if we're talking about Aspie women or NT women. Lots of Aspies tend to have a problem with being tickled, dislike being touched unless they're close to the person, & have problems expressing/showing empathy. Add all the other typical Aspie issues to the list here & these are things that could be a problem for NT women but not so much for Aspie women.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Kezzstar
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2014, 1:28 am

I'd probably do better with an NT man myself, I'm on the end of the spectrum that craves physical contact like water on a hot day and will blab on incessantly until told to shut up (at least now I can blab on incessantly and stay on topic lol) so an Aspie man would probably get very overwhemled very quickly by someone like me.

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2014, 5:28 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NoCazqoNgy4[/youtube] Hope that answers the question, as a matter of fact most of them cant stand us, we are annoying immature and freak out over little stuff to them and not too many woman like a geeky adult male who talks to himself, repeats the same phrases over again and watches anime all the time. Its harsh but reality I learned to accept it.

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

FMX
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2014, 6:31 am

wittgenstein wrote:
I answer with a strong, YES! We (asperger men) are sensual. We love being touched. We can even tickle ourselves! ( Something "normals" believe is impossible)
We (asperger -ites) are more empathic, sensual and well...more cool then "normals".

You can tickle yourself?! I've always thought it was impossible.

Anyway, I think you assume quite a lot about what aspie men are like and what women like. More empathetic and sensual? I don't know about that! Really depends on the person and your definitions of the terms.

My impression is that aspies in general are more polarized when it comes to touching: they either really like it or really hate it (or both, depending on who's doing the touching!) whereas NTs are more likely to just be "OK" with it.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2014, 7:39 am

No.

appletheclown
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2014, 9:51 am

Depends on how much you want that lady as opposed to "I wish girls liked me". When you make an effort, forgoing your doubts about yourself, it doesn't matter much if you are a loser. Doing so shows charisma, and that you are not afraid to walk up to a girl and say what you need to. Girls, regardless of how hot you are to them, will view a man's fear of initiating as a turn off.

coffeebean
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2014, 10:35 am

That sounds like a lot of assumptions as well as a list of traits that can apply to an NT, too.

aspiemike
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2014, 11:04 am

Based on what I have seen on this forum, my experience, and some other things I read about what women find attractive, I would say it depends on the type of person.

1. Sex is used to start relationships for the most part now. Most Aspie men are too inexperienced in this regard and feel pushed too soon, or wait way too long. Truth is, if the women (or even a guy), knows she can get it elsewhere, she won't waste anymore time with you.

2. Blabbing on for too long about self or intense interests tends to alienate partners. What makes it worse is if the lady confides in you about what is bothering her, and you are trying to fix her problem instead of listening to her.

3. The first two goes back to one common thing: you got the girl alone with you, what do you plan on doing? What signals is she giving you? Are you picking up on these signals? My girlfriend has said "the man has to know what he is doing, know what he wants, and must know how to treat a woman. Is that too much to ask for?" Yet, she is a little more direct than others were.

4. Woman are far too subtle. Very few of the are willing to be direct. And therefore it will be the man's fault (no matter what) if the relationship fails. Many Aspie men or genuine nice guys are easy to make feel guilty for this reason.

mds_02
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2014, 11:12 am

I didn't realize it was a secret.

When god is filling out our character sheets, every point that doesn't go to "social skills" goes straight to "sexual performance."

And it feels pretty soft to me. 

Modest Mouse - The View

aspiemike
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2014, 12:04 pm

mds_02 wrote:
I didn't realize it was a secret.

When god is filling out our character sheets, every point that doesn't go to "social skills" goes straight to "sexual performance."

Part of the problem is the lack of sincerity and politeness towards sex and how much our culture now is driven by sex. I was discussing with a couple people at a meetup last night about how previous generations were about building up a connection before sex happened. But somewhere along the line, sex became important earlier on in a relationship and was a major factor in determining how much time to spend with others (ie. "He is so square" or "She's a prude"). Some are willing to trap others into a relationship they don't want just because they had sex too early in the relationship.
It all really depends on the person... and the type of relationship you want and if someone else is willing to give that to you as well.

Stargazer43
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2014, 12:24 pm

Judging by the threads I see on this forum, I'm gonna say no

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2014, 11:57 pm

I don't think so.

When you've met one aspie, you've met one aspie. I don't doubt there are aspie men who I would think are really cool, but the one's I've met with "confidence" are either sociopaths or delusional narcissists.