Difficulty knowing when to make a move

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

ratzo
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

11 Jan 2014, 4:55 pm

I get on pretty well with women, most of my friends are girls and they all agree I'm a great guy (god knows how they measure this, but still) and whenever I go on dates they always think I'm great... but my problem is that I have no idea WHY I'm great, I have only ever had 1 date that didn't work out, and have no idea what i was doing that made it go well every other time.

When I'm out on a date I find it hard to figure out when to do anything, the last girl i went on a date with actually asked me why I wasn't trying to kiss her and she ended up sort of picking ME up

Anyhoos, my question is: have you guys picked up on any cues to look out for that tend to indicate interest? People always say to me 'if she laughs, she likes you', but I tend towards self-deprecating humour, so the girl always laughs, but I can never tell WHEN the girl wants to kiss me

KingofKaboom
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2014, 5:47 pm

Sounds like you have things well in hand. Buy a book on body language with women, depending on your age group it can differ. They just like you it doesn't really matter "why" worry when they don't not when they do.

aspiemike
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2014, 10:50 pm

Take the flirting style test on my thread... and read the book "five flirting styles" by Jeffrey Hall. You could also try reading "Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus."

catwhisperer
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

13 Jan 2014, 1:40 pm

It is really tough for me to tell if a guy is interested, but I have gotten better with practice. It took me decades to understand that when a guy is trying to be my friend he is really interested in fooling around and maybe dating but not so big on the friend part. Just as an example.

With the kissing question...the easiest time is when you're saying goodbye as long as you hug goodbye. It gives you a polite reason to be in her personal space. If she leans in close and kind of lingers when you hug, then she is probably into you. Guys that liked me in the past usually try to put their cheek against mine and if I don't pull away (again the kind of lingering moment) then he takes that as a sign I'm into him and he doesn't have far to go to try for a kiss. You can also try kissing her on the cheek when you hug goodbye and see what she does. Anything else has been too complicated for me to break down.

Thirdphaze
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

13 Jan 2014, 6:10 pm

catwhisperer wrote:
With the kissing question...the easiest time is when you're saying goodbye as long as you hug goodbye. It gives you a polite reason to be in her personal space. If she leans in close and kind of lingers when you hug, then she is probably into you. Guys that liked me in the past usually try to put their cheek against mine and if I don't pull away (again the kind of lingering moment) then he takes that as a sign I'm into him and he doesn't have far to go to try for a kiss. You can also try kissing her on the cheek when you hug goodbye and see what she does. Anything else has been too complicated for me to break down.

Thanks this will come in very useful for me as I have a hard time with these kind of social cues as well and plan to try and get out and dating once more kinda scared ...

Last edited by Thirdphaze on 14 Jan 2014, 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Cafeaulait
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2014, 8:24 am

aaaaaaaaaaahhrrrrrrrrrgggggggg