When a girl is warm texting, never meets up

Page 1 of 3 [ 37 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Weinmann1
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

11 Jan 2014, 11:35 pm

What does it mean when a girl is warm/friendly while texting about 90% of the time, but she is always "too busy" to meet up.

She is very responsive in her texts, but at the same time she will always say that she is busy and needs to reschedule.

Now there is genuine being really busy, but I've known her for 4 years and she hasn't let me take her to even get coffee once.

It seems to me that no one is ever too busy all the time. If you want to make an effort you will.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2014, 11:59 pm

It means she isn't interested. If someone likes you enough, they make time.

Please don't try to dance around that solution, you'll just end up getting hurt.

aspiemike
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2014, 12:18 am

Oh.. this is two threads about this. Ok.

Now I know some very important details. If it has been four years, than my advice in the other thread would apply to someone you just met. This is a friend you will only see in group environments or you bump into her. Let go of the idea the she is interested and just keep in touch with her as friends.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2014, 12:29 am

Does she ever text you on her own accord? As in.. not you texting her first?

KingofKaboom
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2014, 12:36 am

hale_bopp wrote:
Does she ever text you on her own accord? As in.. not you texting her first?
Don't friends sometimes do that?

Weinmann1
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

12 Jan 2014, 12:38 am

She has (rarely) texted me in the past

But like I said above, wouldn't she be slow in response to texts or not text at all?

Also, she does seem to read the things I post on social media sites which shows me that there is some interest even if it is non romantic

Weinmann1
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

12 Jan 2014, 12:41 am

I apologize if it seems I double threaded, but the other question was different at first

Venger
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2014, 2:59 am

Weinmann1 wrote:
But like I said above, wouldn't she be slow in response to texts or not text at all?

Yes that's correct. Most other posts on here that reference "a girl probably not being interested" also say something about her ignoring texts, and/or being overly slow to reply to them.

Last edited by Venger on 12 Jan 2014, 8:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

warsend
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

12 Jan 2014, 3:23 am

hale_bopp wrote:
It means she isn't interested. If someone likes you enough, they make time.

Please don't try to dance around that solution, you'll just end up getting hurt.

yep. She just wants to be friends. If you keep pushing her to meet up in a date atmosphere she might stay away from you as a friend...if she says no, it means no.

warsend
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

12 Jan 2014, 3:25 am

a question to add to the thread specifically for women. Does the speed of a girls reply to a text indicative of interest level or do the 2 not go hand-in-hand?

em_tsuj
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2014, 5:43 am

I still don't understand the motivation behind this type of behavior. If a woman isn't interested, why doesn't she just say so, bluntly? What is the woman trying to avoid by not being up-front? What does she hope to gain by being dishonest?

Also, why is the line always, "let's be just friends?" Nobody wants to hear that. If they are attracted to you, they want to be more than friends. Being "just friends" will make you an emotional basket case, always wanting what you can't have. How is that any consolation or any "nicer" than just being blunt? Also, they don't mean being friends. They mean, "Leave me the hell alone unless I need you for something because you are making me uncomfortable." They want you to be their friend but they don't want to be your friend. How is that any less "mean" than being upfront? It sounds pretty selfish and manipulative to me as well as cowardly.

By the way, I have been rejected both ways (bluntly and BS excuses). I much prefer the blunt rejection. It fact, it hardly hurts at all. I respect the woman and don't really harbor ill-will towards her. In fact, I am apt to "just be friends" because she respected my feelings by being honest with me. Whenever I get a BS excuse or mixed messages, I lose all respect for the woman and I want to get revenge.

I understand that this is the way it is, but I cannot accept it. I hate being lied to!

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2014, 6:07 am

She is a waste of time in term of friendship or even romance.

Weinmann1
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

12 Jan 2014, 9:24 am

Let's cut out the romantic invitation completely. Even if we are just friends, why won't she even spend time with me as just friends? Can anyone theorize for me why I'm "text zoned?"

BUTTER
Butterfly
Butterfly

12 Jan 2014, 9:30 am

maybe the girl just doesn't like coffee. Have you asked her to do other activities. I turn my friends down for activities I would love to do. just because I can't motivate myself out of the house.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2014, 9:31 am

Weinmann1 wrote:
Let's cut out the romantic invitation completely. Even if we are just friends, why won't she even spend time with me as just friends? Can anyone theorize for me why I'm "text zoned?"

Haha, yes, you got it right, you are "text-zoned" and she doesn't want you further than that.

Waste of time I say.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2014, 9:36 am

If I were you I would confront her and ask her literally: "Tell me, why am I "text-zoned", why do you want us to be exclusively text-friends?".

But expect that she would react very badly to this and she would probably go drama and stops talking to you, but you shouldn't care, you should have blocked her ages ago. At least you would remove this boulder on your chest.

Otherwise, the whole thing is pointless, whether dating-wise or even friendship-wise.

Last edited by The_Face_of_Boo on 12 Jan 2014, 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.