Girls reaction to my friend?

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2014, 7:33 pm

One of my friends was in a bar one night. I was observing him while he was hanging out with some girls. One of the girls was holding hands with him in the bar and she looked really into him. But then like an overexcited puppy he leaned into kiss her and she stuck her hand in his face to stop him kissing her.

Why do you think she did this to my friend given how interested she seemed in him? My friend is not bad looking at all since he is about 6ft or 6ft1 in height, works out in the gym and looks like jack black. Ok he is a bit on the heavy side for his height at 196 pounds but still.

buffinator
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2014, 9:52 pm

Jamesy wrote:
One of my friends was in a bar one night. I was observing him while he was hanging out with some girls. One of the girls was holding hands with him in the bar and she looked really into him. But then like an overexcited puppy he leaned into kiss her and she stuck her hand in his face to stop him kissing her.

Why do you think she did this to my friend given how interested she seemed in him? My friend is not bad looking at all since he is about 6ft or 6ft1 in height, works out in the gym and looks like jack black. Ok he is a bit on the heavy side for his height at 196 pounds but still.

lots of reasons:
1) public displays of affection (PDA) require a level of trust. If they are kissing in public rumors will spread about it which can have social consequences.
1a) On that note, initiating a PDA gives you a level or social control, since rumors are going to be spread about you it gives you leverage.

2) She might not have felt ready to kiss him, or might have thought it would be funny or coy to say no: it depends on the connotation.

3) She may not have felt it was romantic enough. I don't really know what that means either so don't ask.

4) In a bar setting PDA usually escalates quickly and so keeping it PG-13 is a good idea unless you really, really, want to end up f***ing in a dirty bathroom stall.

5) Sometimes when a girl does like a guy, they will try to control how quickly the guy is allowed to have more intimate displays of affection and make him "work" for the next level. There are a lot of reasons for this but the big one is that a lot of guys take a while to become emotionally attached and so a girl who actually likes a guy will often take things "slower" than with a guy she is attracted to but doesn't want to talk to ever again.

etc etc etc

You are very likely an Aspie

Deuterium
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

30 Jan 2014, 10:05 pm

Holding hands doesn't mean "do anything you want"

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2014, 3:18 pm

Deuterium wrote: