How to know when a girl is flirting with you?

Page 3 of 4 [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Erwin
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

22 Feb 2014, 5:56 pm

Mitrovah wrote:
Is a sign a a woman is interested if they ask the question: "do you have a girlfriend?"

Oh right, they ask that too.

Cafeaulait
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2014, 4:58 am

Mitrovah wrote:
Is a sign a a woman is interested if they ask the question: "do you have a girlfriend?"

I would definitely ask that if I were interested in a guy.

Uprising
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2014, 6:15 am

Mitrovah wrote:

Or if they are wondering "I'm not sure who or what would bang that so perhaps I'll ask".

Bataar
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2014, 9:11 am

I don't get flirting either. To be honest, I'm rarely around females so I've never really had much opportunity to experience it. The one time I do remember, I was at a bar with a couple of friends. They stayed at our table while I walked up to the counter to get a drink. A woman came over to me and asked me how tall I am. I'm 6'6" so it's not all that uncommon for people to ask. I told her and she made a comment about it to which I replied back with a usual joke (like I said, it's a common routine for me). She eventually left, I got my drink and went back to our table. My friends who saw, but didn't hear what happened asked me if I got her number. I said no, and they seemed shocked. They said she was totally flirting with me but as far as I could tell, she just wanted to know how tall I was.

As to eye contact, I don't know why it's so hard. For me, it just seems like a huge personal violation. It seems/feels like maintaining eye contact is as rude as walking up to a strange woman and grabbing her breasts, if not worse even.

Erwin
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

24 Feb 2014, 1:19 am

Bataar wrote:
I don't get flirting either. To be honest, I'm rarely around females so I've never really had much opportunity to experience it. The one time I do remember, I was at a bar with a couple of friends. They stayed at our table while I walked up to the counter to get a drink. A woman came over to me and asked me how tall I am. I'm 6'6" so it's not all that uncommon for people to ask. I told her and she made a comment about it to which I replied back with a usual joke (like I said, it's a common routine for me). She eventually left, I got my drink and went back to our table. My friends who saw, but didn't hear what happened asked me if I got her number. I said no, and they seemed shocked. They said she was totally flirting with me but as far as I could tell, she just wanted to know how tall I was.

As to eye contact, I don't know why it's so hard. For me, it just seems like a huge personal violation. It seems/feels like maintaining eye contact is as rude as walking up to a strange woman and grabbing her breasts, if not worse even.

That's because the two genders live in separate packs and feel awkward around each other. Following this theory, when a female bothers to come up to you just to ask how tall you are.

dinetahrisingsun
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

24 Feb 2014, 3:04 pm

This thread includes the "how do i know if she's flirting back?" That requires knowing how to flirt to begin with. Yes, I know how to flirt. No, I don't know how to flirt in a sublte talented way like I always witness NTs doing. If I know she's interested and were out on a date I can flirt but HOW does one flirt in a way that if she's not interested its sublte enough that it doesn't make both parties very uncomfortable?? Because, I mean in order to know if she's flirting BACK you have to initiate the flirt right?

As for how to know if she's flirting one way also is voice tonality, if she talks to youwith a softer and gentler voice than she does others. Both sexes can do this so its also a way to let her know your intetested..

But when it comes to flirting: ?How??

cayla
Butterfly
Butterfly

20 Mar 2014, 10:05 am

The worst part of life is waiting. The best part of life is having someone worth waiting for. :D

mother2t
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

20 Mar 2014, 9:46 pm

Well if I'm flirting with a guy I use eye contact, try and smile, stuff like that. Also if I'm trying to get a guy to notice me I'll give them extra attention.

mother2t
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

20 Mar 2014, 9:51 pm

Uprising wrote:
Mitrovah wrote:

Or if they are wondering "I'm not sure who or what would bang that so perhaps I'll ask".

Yes she wants to know if you're single. She's trying to find out more about you.

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2014, 12:53 pm

sly279 wrote:
yellowtamarin wrote:
Can I just say, I don't think I would ever flirt with someone who didn't make eye contact with me. I'd assume they were not interested so there's no point. Therefore, looking at a female you are interested in is a good idea, even if it makes you uncomfortable, IMO.

I try to avoid being caught looking at women, i feel like a creep. plus if I find them pretty then they out of my league, anyways if you caught a guy looking at you wouldn't you think its creepy and be upset?

No, what I think is. "why do men always stare at me? Why don't they come up and talk to me?" But then they are usually married, so that answers that question.

Wind
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2014, 2:22 pm

I couldn't tell you if a girl was flirting or not. I wish they were just plain obvious xD

Empathy Quotient: 8
I have ASD, ADHD, Hypermobility Syndrome.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2014, 5:41 pm

I couldn't tell if a girl was flirting with me just by her facial expressions.

GiantHockeyFan
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2014, 11:19 pm

I just finished date #3 with a woman and STILL have no idea if she was trying to flirt with me or not. She seemed to open up a bit when I explained my shyness but I still haven't got a clue. She was texting during the date and I believe she was actually intimidated by me and the person who replied to her said "try to get him to talk". Thanks to online dating and the general arrogance and stuck up attitudes presented I never realized she might not be able to tell if I am flirting with her either!

Halfmadgenius
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2014, 3:26 am

My mom said a guy was flirting with me at Lowes the other day. I didn't realize it. He was cute to. I'm never going to get married at this rate :? I mean damn, I had a chance and didn't even know it.

As far as I could tell he was just being polite. Asked us if we found every thing and made small talk as he was checking us out. It never occurred to me he was checking me out. Not until mom told me so as we we leaving.

warsend
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

25 Mar 2014, 8:11 pm

Bataar wrote:

pretty late but yeah she was flirting with you.

corsair
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

25 Mar 2014, 10:26 pm

giggling and touching