Page 10 of 10 [ 156 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Have you experienced similar? (only answer if you are male)
yes 12%  12%  [ 8 ]
no 88%  88%  [ 57 ]
Total votes : 65

leafplant
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2014, 4:29 pm

^ what is the point of quoting if you have nothing to add?

I have been trying to make a point (perhaps not very well, I am not feeling very well lately) about this issue on this thread where people defend this guy because he is just having these thoughts but he hasn't acted on them so that's ok. So when I give you an opposite of alternative, of course (and as they should) people are outraged.

So why isn't everyone equally outraged with this guy for having rape thoughts. Why does ANYONE think it is ok or acceptable to have rape thoughts if it isn't ok or acceptable to think you want everyone who annoys you to disappear from planet Earth?

I hope I have made my point a bit clearer now.

appletheclown
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2014, 4:58 pm

leafplant wrote:
^ what is the point of quoting if you have nothing to add?

I have been trying to make a point (perhaps not very well, I am not feeling very well lately) about this issue on this thread where people defend this guy because he is just having these thoughts but he hasn't acted on them so that's ok. So when I give you an opposite of alternative, of course (and as they should) people are outraged.

So why isn't everyone equally outraged with this guy for having rape thoughts. Why does ANYONE think it is ok or acceptable to have rape thoughts if it isn't ok or acceptable to think you want everyone who annoys you to disappear from planet Earth?

I hope I have made my point a bit clearer now.

I never did. You really think I have been defending this guy at all? He was having thoughts of raping someone. I agree with your view on this.
You then jumped to saying everyone who likes rape role-play or bdsm (sado masochism in your words) should be rounded up and die. OOM was defending them, not the OP at all. There is a difference between rape role-play and thoughts of raping someone without warning. That you haven't even been caring about. OOM never meant to defend the OP's rape thoughts at all.

As for masochism, and even sadism: they are commonly brought on by early childhood abuse, sometimes even sexual abuse. In the case of masochism, pain is mentally registered as pleasure. In the case of sadism, they find the suffering of others as pleasure. This is why a lot of sadists and masochists seem to attract each other. The pain causes pleasure because they associate everything else that brings pleasure to normal people (their former abuser) as pain, due to scarred minds. They learned that pleasure of normal people is pain and pain therefore is pleasure. They are not evil, they have been the victims of the very rapey things you are saying are bad. Saying they should all be killed is horrible.

For that matter your point was the clearest it could be 5 posts ago.

Ann2011
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2014, 5:05 pm

I defended the OP and I still say thoughts are not actions.

appletheclown
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2014, 5:16 pm

Ann2011 wrote:
I defended the OP and I still say thoughts are not actions.

Your right! The police usually wait till a crime is committed before enforcing a law! Lets go after the protesters with pepper spray instead of killing the leaders of sex trafficking rings, but make sure to give them a head start so there is enough evidence! epic sarcasm :roll:

Ann2011
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2014, 5:22 pm

appletheclown wrote:
...but make sure to give them a head start so there is enough evidence! epic sarcasm :roll:

Having violent thoughts can be a symptom of stress and is not abnormal. Are you really suggesting that we lock people up because they think about violent crime? For heaven's sake, just put on an episode of the latest network crime drama - pretty disturbing stuff - should we arrest the writers?
I think you are overly worried that this thread will somehow stigmatize autistics.

appletheclown
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2014, 5:56 pm

Ann2011 wrote:
appletheclown wrote:
...but make sure to give them a head start so there is enough evidence! epic sarcasm :roll:

Having violent thoughts can be a symptom of stress and is not abnormal. Are you really suggesting that we lock people up because they think about violent crime? For heaven's sake, just put on an episode of the latest network crime drama - pretty disturbing stuff - should we arrest the writers?
I think you are overly worried that this thread will somehow stigmatize autistics.

I'm suggesting you show concern that having those thoughts is unhealthy. I am not worried about anything.

Ann2011
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2014, 6:08 pm

appletheclown wrote:
I'm suggesting you show concern that having those thoughts is unhealthy.

I'm not entirely sure that having those thoughts is unhealthy. Or that there is a correlation between having them and actually committing acts of violence.
I suppose I could research it, but instead I'll just go with my own experience. I have been having violent thoughts since I was about 9 or 10 years old. Still do. I won't go into detail but it doesn't concern me. I have never acted violently towards anyone except myself. Several therapists have told me it's a normal reaction to stress.

Erwin
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

24 Feb 2014, 1:53 am

I have fantasized about rape but have never even considered doing it. But the insta-attraction effect I have on females who aren't attached to somone else is almost rape. I mean, they'll do anything. And they can't even help it since it's their natural instincts.

El_presidente
Raven
Raven

24 Feb 2014, 4:01 pm

Erwin wrote:
I have fantasized about rape but have never even considered doing it. But the insta-attraction effect I have on females who aren't attached to somone else is almost rape. I mean, they'll do anything. And they can't even help it since it's their natural instincts.

LOL Cool story bro

Geekonychus
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2014, 1:40 pm

Do we really need 11 pages on a topic called "rape mode" in the first place?

This thread should have been closed on page 6 or at least moved to the Adult section. Now it's just reinforcing blatantly incorrect and damaging stereotypes about AS men.

mouthyb
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

25 Feb 2014, 4:55 pm

* looks around the thread, reads a few justifications based on biology or some s**t about rats *

Jesus f**k, people. I'm glad there's a discussion of consent here, but good god there's some creepy s**t in this thread.

For the OP: tactically speaking, this was a BAD question to post. If your intent was to ask if other people's brains sometimes plan violent acts apropos of nothing, sure. I'm sure that would have been a more constructive discussion. However, and this is a big however, there is a goddamn difference between a crime which is usually targeted at women and/or the vulnerable, which is freighted with the most awful social baggage, and asking about general violence. Hell, at least if you get in a fight which was caused by someone else, the police don't spend hours telling you why you deserve it (and then refusing to take the complaint because or some BS like 'you were drunk and don't know what you said/wanted/meant, you were wearing the wrong clothes or s/he didn't really mean it/it was a misunderstanding.')

And yes, actually, I have either heard those things myself or had friends who were assaulted and were told that by the officers/persons in authority who were contacted to deal with the assault. My personal favorite was the friend who was assaulted in a dressing room at a trendy boutique, and told her complaint wouldn't be taken because she was 'naked in a public place' (actually, trying on clothes in a dressing room, but it didn't matter to the officer.)

I am not going to shame you for the thought, even though I would avoid you in person after hearing about it, as a safety measure. I ain't big, and while I am vicious, I wouldn't want to risk it.

However, and I hope this is clear by now, the way rape is viewed has some specific interpersonal implications which make it a special topic. If you want to have a discussion of sexual violence, for f**k's sake man, put some distance in between you and the topic or make it MUCH more clear that you know what's wrong with the thought (ie why you would never, ever do anything of the sort.) Saying you won't do it because you got laid is..... well, it's bad and says very bad things about you.

And a POLL? A POLL....... * mutters * Some people, man.

The feels are shipped in by train once a week--Friday, I'm in love.

Erwin
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

26 Feb 2014, 12:07 am

El_presidente wrote:
Erwin wrote:

LOL Cool story bro

No, really. But I have a simular effect on males.