Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

buffinator
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2014, 10:04 am

So, I recently joined this event planning/ singles thing. I've been having 'fun' but I think it's partially because I'm somewhat oblivious of what others think about me.

2 things that have happened that I'm confused about.

1) I went to this snowshoeing event and talked to this girl for a while. I was trying to talk to her but we both talked about work and then.... conversation petered out and she left early with some other people. The thing is we were wearing winter clothes and I'm faceblind. Fast forward a week and I am at this more cultural event and I see this pretty girl with a red streak in her hair. We glanced at each other a few times so after I bit I went to talk to her... But when I asked her name she was pissed of... and thats when it hit me she was the same girl! I felt really embarressed, but she didn't stop talking to me right away.

two things: I met her the week before valentines day and didn't ask her out/get her number etc. 2 she told me her week was sh***y because her dad was in the hospital, but she failed to elaborate. I started talking about how my dad was in the hospital and she got even more annoyed. I get the feeling her dad was fine and I was supposed to shut up. I also got the feeling that she may have felt I was leading her on.

2) I may have cockblocked another guy at the event. See, my goal is partially to make new friends of both genders because I'm running out of friends irl. These two people I was talking to this other girl and this guy comes up and it turns out they are 'old friends' (I just now realized they probably hooked up at some point). Anywho at the same cultural event I was hanging out with them and he suggested going to a nearby bar. I had interpreted the invitation as extending to me but I might have been wrong. As he was leaving his facial expression suddenly changed and I realized he had been masking his feelings the whole time and I probably cock-blocked him with this girl. It didn't help that both of them were suggesting drinks for me and I was kind of throwing myself at her and generally making a fool of myself.

IDK, I got both of their numbers but I don't know what to do with them. I suspect the guy is pissed at me, though won't admit it. I'm out of my league here. I have no idea what is going on half the time.

The good news is that there was one more cute girl who seemed pretty interested in me that I didn't make a fool of myself in front of... but she has the same name as my sister.... WTF.

You are very likely an Aspie

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2014, 11:17 am

This term "cockblock" gives me a distrubing picture every time; I visualize a cock being intercepted by another cock to prevent it to reach the p****. What the...?

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2014, 11:54 am

Great.Now I have an image of them dueling over the prize.

thewhitrbbit
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2014, 12:05 pm

Interesting experiences.

I have often thought that those events/singles things are probably not an ideal ground for aspies.

Plus I could see how trying to make friends with men at a singles event could go the wrong way.

Marky9
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2014, 12:12 pm

buffinator wrote:
I may have cockblocked another guy at the event.

I have done that. I am rather challenged to recognize flirtation so I can easily make this mistake. I usually go away thinking what an idiot I am.

buffinator wrote:
... but she has the same name as my sister.

I bet that makes her name easier to remember :)

buffinator
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2014, 8:05 pm

Misslizard wrote:
Great.Now I have an image of them dueling over the prize.

I'm sorry
Sword fight

You are very likely an Aspie

Deuterium
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

21 Feb 2014, 8:13 pm

buffinator wrote:
I have no idea what is going on half the time.

I think I would be in the same position if I was trying that kind of thing.

Erwin
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

22 Feb 2014, 1:21 am

buffinator wrote:
So, I recently joined this event planning/ singles thing. I've been having 'fun' but I think it's partially because I'm somewhat oblivious of what others think about me.

2 things that have happened that I'm confused about.

1) I went to this snowshoeing event and talked to this girl for a while. I was trying to talk to her but we both talked about work and then.... conversation petered out and she left early with some other people. The thing is we were wearing winter clothes and I'm faceblind. Fast forward a week and I am at this more cultural event and I see this pretty girl with a red streak in her hair. We glanced at each other a few times so after I bit I went to talk to her... But when I asked her name she was pissed of... and thats when it hit me she was the same girl! I felt really embarressed, but she didn't stop talking to me right away.

two things: I met her the week before valentines day and didn't ask her out/get her number etc. 2 she told me her week was sh***y because her dad was in the hospital, but she failed to elaborate. I started talking about how my dad was in the hospital and she got even more annoyed. I get the feeling her dad was fine and I was supposed to shut up. I also got the feeling that she may have felt I was leading her on.

2) I may have cockblocked another guy at the event. See, my goal is partially to make new friends of both genders because I'm running out of friends irl. These two people I was talking to this other girl and this guy comes up and it turns out they are 'old friends' (I just now realized they probably hooked up at some point). Anywho at the same cultural event I was hanging out with them and he suggested going to a nearby bar. I had interpreted the invitation as extending to me but I might have been wrong. As he was leaving his facial expression suddenly changed and I realized he had been masking his feelings the whole time and I probably cock-blocked him with this girl. It didn't help that both of them were suggesting drinks for me and I was kind of throwing myself at her and generally making a fool of myself.

IDK, I got both of their numbers but I don't know what to do with them. I suspect the guy is pissed at me, though won't admit it. I'm out of my league here. I have no idea what is going on half the time.

The good news is that there was one more cute girl who seemed pretty interested in me that I didn't make a fool of myself in front of... but she has the same name as my sister.... WTF.

Males and females live in separate packs since they generally make each other feel uncomfortable. Only make friends with the same sex. Reproduce with the opposite sex. Didn't remember her name? Normal. She probably doesn't realy even mean that much to you. You're confusing love with the uncomfortable feeling. Maybe mixing.