Crush on girl? What to do/say?

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Outrider
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2014, 5:12 am

Last year I was a bit girl-obsessed.

But over the summer (December-January in Australia) I realized how much time I had been wasting and how fake I had become. Not just crushes but friends and groups in general.

I did become a little too eager to fit in, trying to relate and get along with all these different little cliques that I didn't really care about and they didn't really care about me. I just wanted to be accepted but learnt to deal with being independent again, just the way I like it.

Anyway so I have ended up crushing on this one girl recently but I've been almost completely restraining myself. I talk to her sometimes in English and Maths but not legit conversation but mainly just school related stuff. I just don't know what to say. I don't want to be like last year. Not going there again. I might of found it easy to make friends with anyone, male or female last year but I couldn't maintain most of these friendships and things would just get too awkward and I just don't want anything like this to happen.

It's either I'm a normal friend to someone and not some clingy drifter going between groups trying to look cool or not a friend at all.

But, what could I say to this girl without coming off as awkward or anything like that?

Today I asked if she had a new school bag (it was) and she said yes and I said it looks nice and she said thanks then I just walked away. I guess that's a start but anything else i can say to come off as casual and not weird?

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2014, 5:18 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okCBsnVBXao[/youtube]

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

DaLoCo
Raven
Raven

25 Feb 2014, 7:06 am

I was deep in thought when my crush walked past me and said hi....

My response was "Walawalawala"

Lukario
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2014, 7:16 am

If you don't want to give hints about it like putting your arm around her during a (scary) movie, giving hugs, sitting close to her just ask her in the best environment in case you get a no, other than that there's nothing else to do except from going to a cinema, restaurant or cafe.

Outrider
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2014, 11:17 pm

Am I being trolled here? I'm sorry but some of these replies are a little confusing and odd.

What are you guy's trying to say?

Pobbles
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2014, 12:51 am

I don't think anyone's trolling you, well, not maliciously anyway.

You might want to consider that asking a bunch of people with Asperger's how best to approach the opposite sex might have a humourous (or tragic, depending on how you look at things) consequences :wink:
If the age in your profile is correct, be patient. Bagging a ladyfriend is not a race, nor are you entitled to one.

Is there anything that you would feel comfortable doing together outside of classes? Lunch? Homework?

"Do you mind if I sit with you while we eat?"

Conversation will either happen, or it won't. If it doesn't, don't feel bad. You should be eating :wink:

If you and I have enough in common to share a diagnosis of Asperger's, this girl will probably be a better conversationalist than you any way. Wait for her to start a conversation, maybe?

Eccles_the_Mighty
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2014, 6:25 am

Age fifteen and asking about girls, at your age I was buried in textbooks whilst enrolled at an all boys boarding school.

OK, here's something easy to try. Tear out the schedule for the local movie theater from the paper, go up to her and ask her to pick the movie for your first date. DO NOT ask her if she would like to go and see a movie because this invites a yes/no answer, give her a choice of movies instead and that way there's a better chance of not being turned away.

On the night take things slow and easy, this isn't a race and if you end up just holding hands you've done well.