Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

DarkHorse
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

26 Feb 2014, 11:35 pm

Sorry, I should have elaborated more on that. When I say 'commitment contract,' I mean we have been organising a church retreat weekend and they said we didn't have to be on the team to organise it, but if we did sign up for that we needed to commit to it and not back out because it was really important that we pulled our weight and helped with all the jobs that had to be done. It wasn't exactly a contract, but they said if you signed up, it was like you were committed to actually doing the jobs you signed up for and not just slackening off and leaving them to do all the work (I've spoken to the coordinators since then, and they said not to worry about it and it was more important to make sure this is sorted. So I've dropped out of that now, and I've arranged that I'm not going back there at all for a few months at least.) Everyone is being really supportive though and said they'll be there for both of us, and have understood my motives both for ending the relationship and leaving the group, and I've been keeping in contact with some of them outside of that setting. So that part's all right.