Need to know if I would be pushy ....

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

DeeLerious184
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

07 Mar 2014, 4:38 pm

A guy, I met in a meetup, and I have told each other that we like the other via ok cupid. We are both aspies. He has not ask me out yet through I will see him this Sunday with the other members of the meetup group. Should I take it as a sign that he wants to take things slowly? I was thinking of casually mentioning that I happened to find a coupon, on amazon local, for a comedy place, but am holding back as I am worried that it could be construed as pushy. I wounld appreciate any advice.

Prof_Pretorius
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2014, 7:32 pm

Difficult to say with such few details, but I would give it high probability that if you DON'T make a move, the relationship isn't going to move forward. Don't know about a date to a comedy club, maybe just a pastry and coffee in a coffee shop so the two of you sit somewhere quiet and converse without a lot of background distraction.

On a personal note, I wish any of the ladies I was interested in when I was single had made the first move.

DeeLerious184
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

07 Mar 2014, 7:43 pm

thank you for the advice!

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2014, 9:31 pm

I asked my husband out on our first date - coffee.

DeeLerious184
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

07 Mar 2014, 9:39 pm

cathylynn wrote:
I asked my husband out on our first date - coffee.

Cool. I told him via text that I was thinking of seeing the movie Nonstop or a foreign film but it would be funner to go with someone.

LKL
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2014, 10:27 pm

I'm with everyone else here. Good luck!