Asie men vs Aspie women: Who has it easier?

Page 2 of 6 [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2014, 9:01 am

Cafeaulait wrote:
This topic is gonna get a lock.

Agreed. Yet any thread in L&D that isn't "who has it easier" or "nice guys (TM)" usually gets ignored.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2014, 9:45 am

Well if I could chime in before they lock this. No one can ever answer this. No one has ever been an aspie man and an aspie woman but if I were to speculate I'd say that it kind of evens out in a way. As 886 pointed out aspie men have a hard time asking a girl out or having done so have a hard time taking things to the next level but going by the same rule it's logical to assume that some aspie women have trouble getting asked out. They're not supposed to ask themselves so they don't have much control over the situation. I figure that makes the sexes even.

WantToHaveALife
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2014, 10:35 am

Depends on what perspective you are looking at it from, as for dating, I feel aspie women have it easier since they are not expected to initiate and being socially awkward is obviously much worse if you are a guy

Kurgan
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2014, 11:58 am

DeeLerious184 wrote:
I was just curious as to what people think about the question. I feel that men have it easier as men seen as quirky and socially awkward are seen in a better light than women who are seen to have those same traits. What are your thoughts?

I'd say it's the other way around. Social awkwardness in women, whether we're talking job interviews or dating, is usually seen as endearing, as well as "cute and quirky".

Edit: Posted in this thread before it got locked.

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2014, 6:17 pm

Men have it easier because its easier to diagnose asd in for starters and they dont have as much social pressure from peers as much as women do. Women have trouble being diagnosed and get misdiagnosed as BPD.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92cXTK4MtaM <----- click here for your answer of total randomness! Teehee (^_^)

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

Last edited by AspieOtaku on 11 Mar 2014, 11:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Eureka13
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2014, 8:02 pm

Men have some things easier, for example, they're not expected to be warm, fuzzy socially adept people like women are.

Women have some things easier, for example, they're not expected to initiate male/female relationships.

Some people, male or female, are better at some of these things than others, of the same or of the opposite gender.

Sorry, I've had to live as an undiagnosed Aspie in an NT world for too many years not to have developed *some* ability think in other than pure black and white. ;)

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2014, 1:31 am

In every such thread I say men have it harder becaue all things indicate so.

Like for instance, just notice how there are PLENTY of female members who are married at a very young age. I know no male member who's married in his very early 20s.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2014, 3:42 am

This again.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

Schneekugel
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2014, 4:38 am

Kurgan wrote:
DeeLerious184 wrote:
I was just curious as to what people think about the question. I feel that men have it easier as men seen as quirky and socially awkward are seen in a better light than women who are seen to have those same traits. What are your thoughts?

I'd say it's the other way around. Social awkwardness in women, whether we're talking job interviews or dating, is usually seen as endearing, as well as "cute and quirky".]

Yop, I am sure, thats the reason, why I needed to to a job-interview training, to become less social awkward and afraid, until I finally managed to get my first job. ^^

Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2014, 4:39 am

Cafeaulait wrote:
This topic is gonna get a lock.

By that logic, half the topics in this forum could get locked. :lol:

As long as people can keep it mature, this is a pretty good question to debate.

GregCav
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2014, 5:48 am

The minds and needs of men and women are so different, it's impossible to compare.

It's also very situation based; relationships, friendships, work, living alone, shoping.

Way too much of evrything to make any valid comparison of such a generalised Y/N question.

billiscool
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2014, 9:32 am

both have it hard,it just aspie men have it alot worst.

TornadoEvil
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2014, 9:36 am

No one has it easy, life isn't made to be easy. I don't see why the comparison helps anyone too.

Eureka13
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2014, 10:05 am

Why is getting married in one's 20s a measure of "having it easier"? I don't believe that most men or women of that age, NT or Aspie, are emotionally mature enough to make a lifelong commitment. Since my parents' generation, I don't know of one single marriage that occurred with one or both of the couple in their 20s where they are still married.

If Aspies mature emotionally more slowly than NTs, doesn't it make more sense to get married at a later age than NTs typically do?

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2014, 1:20 pm

League_Girl wrote:
This again.

Unfortunately, it's one of the few ways to get noticed on here.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Eureka13
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2014, 1:36 pm

I'm just trying to boost my post count so I can get to whatever is after "Velociraptor." :P