locking up under strong emotions?

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Briareos
Raven
Raven

21 Mar 2014, 11:29 pm

When I start to experience, or try to express strong emotions, my communication becomes a little bit locked up; both facially and vocally.

for example: when I had my first kiss, the girl initially thought she was a very good or did something wrong, as I'm sure the expression of my face was somewhat shocked or stiff.

Does anyone have any coping mechanisms to help unblock those emotions? Since I struggle to deal with or express them, I often avoid them altogether…

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2014, 12:47 am

how long does it take for this locked up feeling to pass?

Briareos
Raven
Raven

22 Mar 2014, 1:17 am

auntblabby wrote:

usually until I put great effort into expressing myself, or until I calm down. It's really a problem of expression, I hit a bit of a mental locked door…

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2014, 1:19 am

Briareos wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

usually until I put great effort into expressing myself, or until I calm down. It's really a problem of expression, I hit a bit of a mental locked door…

maybe you and your GF can work it out, that if she is with you, she can distract you somehow, trial and error?

cozysweater
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2014, 1:34 am

Kissing someone I really like can make me feel like I disappear. Or stop in time. It's hard to explain but apparently the feeling is normal for the situation. Is this what you mean?

Briareos
Raven
Raven

22 Mar 2014, 2:22 am

auntblabby wrote:
Briareos wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

maybe you and your GF can work it out, that if she is with you, she can distract you somehow, trial and error?
oh no, this happened like 2 years ago and we never actually became boyfriend and girlfriend....just as well, I felt really confused about how to feel about her.
right now, I'd really like to find that one person to get to that kind of a relationship.

cozysweater wrote:
Kissing someone I really like can make me feel like I disappear. Or stop in time. It's hard to explain but apparently the feeling is normal for the situation. Is this what you mean?
kind of? I felt more like very overwhelmed to the point I didn't know how to react. What I know is, whenever I get upset or stressed, my communication skills kind of stop and I kind of lock up..... I'm really not sure how else I can describe this.