What is it about guys who bully weaker guys?

Page 3 of 4 [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

leafplant
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 5 Oct 2013
Age: 48
Gender: Female
Posts: 2,222

04 Apr 2014, 2:46 pm

Kyuubi wrote:
Do girls care about how their bfs treat other guys. I mean the girls at my school really seem to have this "as long as he's nice to me he can do whatever he wants" mentality. Based on the amount of toleration i would actually come to the conclusion that they enjoy it when their bf is mean to people. I think it may have something to do with that base desire for a dominant male. So my question is, do girls like it when their bf's bully other guys around?


Before you can even begin to understand this, you need to understand social order and hierarchies, and if you are posting on this forum, the odds are, you are incapable of understanding this about people.

NTs put up with abuse because they don't see it as abuse - to them, it's what you have to do in order to fit in and fitting in is the absolute necessity for life. They need to fit in more than they need the air to breathe. That's the basis of social order and how societies function without descending into chaos and anarchy. And this is why jocks always get the hottest girls even though most of the time they are not at all nice people.



Eureka13
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 1 Nov 2013
Age: 62
Gender: Female
Posts: 1,058
Location: The wilds of Colorado

04 Apr 2014, 2:50 pm

Go watch "Back to the Future" is all I have to say. :)



OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Nov 2011
Age: 55
Gender: Female
Posts: 11,897
Location: About 50 miles past the middle of nowhere

04 Apr 2014, 3:50 pm

Ann2011 wrote:
I was wondering that too. I liked 1981's post and certainly don't see how "fail" applies.


She didn't like the way he worded it. I think she likes to get offended for other people a lot. Personally, I get offended for myself, my family and my friends. I really don't need some other gal out there standing up for us all and making sure guys know we aren't all alike. I think they pretty much know that. Just because I feel something about a situation doesn't mean you will or she will or Sister Suffragette over there will feel the same way about it. Women are all different, with different minds, different thoughts, different likes and dislikes, different opinions, etc.

Not saying whether or not she is a feminist, because I don't know and haven't seen her claim the title or anything, but feminists tend to want to paint us all with the same brush. Saying that we all want this or that or the other thing and we all hate this and that and the other.

I think mainly though she just scours posts for ways to show that guys (an those of us females who are deemed unenlightened) are not typing correctly or holding correct opinions about women. So, it really wasn't a fail. What she meant was "I disagree".


_________________
I'm giving it another shot. We will see.
My forum is still there and everyone is welcome to come join as well. There is a private women only subforum there if anyone is interested. Also, there is no CAPTCHA. ;-)

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com


Ann2011
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 15 Jul 2011
Age: 49
Gender: Female
Posts: 4,514
Location: Ontario, Canada

04 Apr 2014, 5:25 pm

But, disagree with what? That's what I can't figure out.

1981's post was interesting I thought because of the reference to the casual violence of his friend and how he dealt with it.


_________________
People are strange, when you're a stranger
Faces look ugly when you're alone.
Morrison/Krieger


Giftorcurse
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 13 Apr 2009
Age: 25
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,897
Location: Port Royal, South Carolina

04 Apr 2014, 10:44 pm

Scumbags prosper in life.


_________________
Yes, I'm still alive.


The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 16 Jun 2010
Age: 37
Gender: Male
Posts: 28,619
Location: Beirut, Lebanon.

05 Apr 2014, 6:10 am

Eureka13 wrote:
Go watch "Back to the Future" is all I have to say. :)



What this has anything to do with what the OP is saying?

I think you are referring to the scene when the protagonist defends his future son from the bullies; there's a big difference between someone who rightfully defends the weaker and someone who mistreats the weaker. The OP and 1981 are talking about bullies who mistreat people and possibly mistreat their gfs too.



starvingartist
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Oct 2008
Age: 40
Gender: Female
Posts: 2,104

05 Apr 2014, 11:51 am

OliveOilMom wrote:
Sister Suffragette



:lol:



OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Nov 2011
Age: 55
Gender: Female
Posts: 11,897
Location: About 50 miles past the middle of nowhere

05 Apr 2014, 2:03 pm

starvingartist wrote:
OliveOilMom wrote:
Sister Suffragette



:lol:


Kinda reminds you of the song in Mary Poppins doesn't it? It does me.


_________________
I'm giving it another shot. We will see.
My forum is still there and everyone is welcome to come join as well. There is a private women only subforum there if anyone is interested. Also, there is no CAPTCHA. ;-)

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com


Eureka13
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 1 Nov 2013
Age: 62
Gender: Female
Posts: 1,058
Location: The wilds of Colorado

05 Apr 2014, 3:22 pm

"Back to the Future" is inspiring for anyone who's ever been bullied. And a lesson as to who ultimately winds up with the girl. :)



Archdevilius
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

User avatar

Joined: 18 Mar 2014
Age: 26
Gender: Male
Posts: 127

05 Apr 2014, 5:02 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Well, a lot of women are attracted to soldiers and marines, no? Because they're hot and strong or wtv.

Not saying that all soldiers are sadistic and violent in nature but they're much more likely to be violent than other professions, their job requires killing after all, just check the rape stats in armies.


People are still primitive deep down despite modern laws or education.

However modern laws have made social skills, status, success in careers and emotional intelligence more important than being the best hunter of the tribe.



Erwin
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

User avatar

Joined: 19 Feb 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 161

06 Apr 2014, 11:47 pm

aspiemike wrote:
Girls/Women- To be with a boy/man who commands respect vs being with a boy/man who does nothing when other guys are all in his face and showing him complete disrespect. Hmmmm... it seems the choice would be easy for girl/women and what they would find more attractive. But mind you, that is definitely not the only thing in the long list of qualities that girls/women find attractive, but it's among the most important qualities (along with being able to make them laugh).

Remember that when you do get a girlfriend, other guys are going to like her and want her for the same reasons you do. They won't try to disrespect her at all, but they will try and disrespect you. Once she feels she can get away with disrespecting you, the relationship is likely over.

There is no such competition among humans. The same gender rather sticks together. I'm an actual alpha male and my insta-attraction doesn't work on females who have already got a mate. And I tend to help other males rather than compete with them. We're clearly not meant to.



Erwin
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

User avatar

Joined: 19 Feb 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 161

06 Apr 2014, 11:54 pm

AutisticGuy1981 wrote:
Most the girls at my school were attracted to the hard kids, most the girls in my local area were the same.

As you get older I think people start to care less about what other people think and they start to be more diverse and go with people who aren't like local celebrities based on their ability to fight.

All my friends as a teenager were rough and non of them were very nice people even to their GF's.
I remember when I was 17, me and a mate went to meet his GF who was late because of some silly reason.
He actually asked me if he should punch her for it... It seriously shocked me even though I knew he was a violent person with a bad temper I didn't think he could hit a woman.
To ask me that he must have hit her before in the past.
I saved her a beating but she will never know, makes me glad I went with him because if I didn't you know what would have happened

He never had a shortage of girlfriends either, when he was only 14 he was already the hardest person at school, on his first day at school he walked up to the hardest guy and just offered them out like something out of the film "scum" and suddenly he was some kind of hero.

In private he was just about as quiet as me, we had the same interests at the time, I don't think people considered him good looking but he was alpha male in a group.

WHY GIRLS WHY? How can you be attracted to someone who is such a **** ?

You see these 30+ year old woman asking where all the good honest sincere men are and how all men are cheating ********
What can they expect if they always go for the same types of people

So an "alpha" asked YOU what to do? You still consider him an alpha?



Erwin
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

User avatar

Joined: 19 Feb 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 161

07 Apr 2014, 12:05 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
One word: Evolution.

Here's a good example of the theory of evolution hurting people. It's so misleading because it assumes it's correct. I even believe it was specifically designed to give you the wrong picture so humans would have a harder time finding the path to a utopia. Human psychology is the key.



Flyer
Raven
Raven

User avatar

Joined: 14 Sep 2010
Age: 29
Gender: Male
Posts: 109
Location: Lithuania

07 Apr 2014, 12:23 am

Erwin wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
One word: Evolution.

Here's a good example of the theory of evolution hurting people. It's so misleading because it assumes it's correct. I even believe it was specifically designed to give you the wrong picture so humans would have a harder time finding the path to a utopia. Human psychology is the key.

It was designed to multiply. That's all it's supposed to do.



aspiemike
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 8 Jul 2012
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,373
Location: Canada

08 Apr 2014, 8:03 pm

Erwin wrote:
aspiemike wrote:
Girls/Women- To be with a boy/man who commands respect vs being with a boy/man who does nothing when other guys are all in his face and showing him complete disrespect. Hmmmm... it seems the choice would be easy for girl/women and what they would find more attractive. But mind you, that is definitely not the only thing in the long list of qualities that girls/women find attractive, but it's among the most important qualities (along with being able to make them laugh).

Remember that when you do get a girlfriend, other guys are going to like her and want her for the same reasons you do. They won't try to disrespect her at all, but they will try and disrespect you. Once she feels she can get away with disrespecting you, the relationship is likely over.

There is no such competition among humans. The same gender rather sticks together. I'm an actual alpha male and my insta-attraction doesn't work on females who have already got a mate. And I tend to help other males rather than compete with them. We're clearly not meant to.


To the insta-attraction- Some girls would leave in a heartbeat if they were insecure and confused about what they want, and I have seen it happen. In fact, it has happened to me (both sides of the coin, and quite lucky to know how much it sucks to have it happen). I wouldn't bother going near a person that doesn't know what they want now.

To sum up pretty much everything else between us two: Temptation is quite the devil to play with. Either you have good self-control or you don't.


_________________
Your Aspie score: 130 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 88 of 200
You are very likely an Aspie