What is it about guys who bully weaker guys?

Page 1 of 4 [ 51 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Kyuubi
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

02 Apr 2014, 2:53 pm

Do girls care about how their bfs treat other guys. I mean the girls at my school really seem to have this "as long as he's nice to me he can do whatever he wants" mentality. Based on the amount of toleration i would actually come to the conclusion that they enjoy it when their bf is mean to people. I think it may have something to do with that base desire for a dominant male. So my question is, do girls like it when their bf's bully other guys around?

Willard
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2014, 3:00 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UI4jZN6PJs4[/youtube]

Kyuubi

02 Apr 2014, 3:08 pm

Anyone got a helpful answer?

FMX
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2014, 3:43 pm

If the girl herself enjoys being mean to others (commonly known as "being a b***h") then of course she'd enjoy her BF being mean to others, too. If the girl is nice (genuinely) then I can't imagine her enjoying this.

aspiemike
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2014, 3:59 pm

Girls/Women- To be with a boy/man who commands respect vs being with a boy/man who does nothing when other guys are all in his face and showing him complete disrespect. Hmmmm... it seems the choice would be easy for girl/women and what they would find more attractive. But mind you, that is definitely not the only thing in the long list of qualities that girls/women find attractive, but it's among the most important qualities (along with being able to make them laugh).

Remember that when you do get a girlfriend, other guys are going to like her and want her for the same reasons you do. They won't try to disrespect her at all, but they will try and disrespect you. Once she feels she can get away with disrespecting you, the relationship is likely over.

Ann2011
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2014, 4:09 pm

I agree that mean people are drawn to other mean people and also that there is an underlying urge in women to find strong men. But strong men aren't necessarily nasty. Strength is always a virtue.
So I guess it's how you deal with bullies that would be telling to women. Also women are also bullied by other women, so some of them are going to be sympathetic.

Bullying is extremely base and the people who do it are not great thinkers. Try manipulation.

sacrip
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2014, 4:58 pm

Teenagers are not real people. They are hairless apes constantly recovering from the last hormone fueled rage before starting the next one. If you think of them this way, humanity comes across much, much better.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

02 Apr 2014, 5:13 pm

Some women want to are believe that they can change things they don't like about their partner to turn em into a better person so perhaps those girls are attracted to bullies because they believe they can get them to stop.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2014, 6:46 pm

sacrip wrote:
Teenagers are not real people. They are hairless apes constantly recovering from the last hormone fueled rage before starting the next one. If you think of them this way, humanity comes across much, much better.

Pretty much. As a teenager I had a few desires:

1. Become professional musician.

2. Kill everyone, possibly including myself.

3. Sleep with everything male, post-pubescent and not related to me.

4. More books.

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2014, 12:07 am

Kyuubi wrote:
Do girls care about how their bfs treat other guys. I mean the girls at my school really seem to have this "as long as he's nice to me he can do whatever he wants" mentality. Based on the amount of toleration i would actually come to the conclusion that they enjoy it when their bf is mean to people. I think it may have something to do with that base desire for a dominant male. So my question is, do girls like it when their bf's bully other guys around?

I can explain the psychology of this in 5 words. It makes them feel special. If she's the only one the guy is nice to, she will feel special.

Anyone with half a brain can counter this with realism though. You should always judge people on how they treat EVERYONE, not just YOU.

It always surprises me how seemingly "intelligent" people act. I've met a guy who was an intellectual genius who couldn't see this. Fool.

Last edited by hale_bopp on 03 Apr 2014, 12:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ann2011
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2014, 12:09 am

hale_bopp wrote:
Anyone with half a brain can counter this with realism though. You should always judge people on how they treat EVERYONE, not just YOU.

I think how people treat servers and clerks is a good tel. If they are rude to the waiter then they're probably not a nice person.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2014, 12:11 am

Ann2011 wrote:
hale_bopp wrote:

I think how people treat servers and clerks is a good tel. If they are rude to the waiter then they're probably not a nice person.

I more meant an average of how they treat others in general. Though it isn't that hard to determine if they're worth knowing or not.

Ann2011
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2014, 12:18 am

hale_bopp wrote:
Ann2011 wrote:
hale_bopp wrote:

I more meant an average of how they treat others in general. Though it isn't that hard to determine if they're worth knowing or not.

For sure.

Also, bullies have a sadistic streak - if they enjoy bullying then eventually they will bully the girl too.

starvingartist
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2014, 1:28 am

anyone who bullies anyone--male or female--is an a**hole.

anyone who dates someone who is a bully--male or female--and thinks it's "cool" is also an a**hole, and stupid to boot.

pretty cut and dry, if you ask me.

Flyer
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

03 Apr 2014, 1:43 am

starvingartist wrote:

anyone who dates someone who is a bully--male or female--and thinks it's "cool" is also an a**hole, and stupid to boot.

Do you think that topic names should be more gender neutral? Maybe something like "Why do people stay in relationships with bullies"? I think that may decrease amount of unnecessary sexism in this forum.

starvingartist
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2014, 1:46 am

Flyer wrote:
starvingartist wrote:

Do you think that topic names should be more gender neutral? Maybe something like "Why do people stay in relationships with bullies"? I think that may decrease amount of unnecessary sexism in this forum.

is that what i'd like to see happen? --absolutely!

do i think that is at all likely to happen? .........