Does liking anime have a correlation with not being able to

Page 1 of 3 [ 46 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2014, 8:10 pm

Get a date?

What does, in your opinion have a correlation with not being able to get a date?

I've noticed a lot of guys who complain about women like anime.

Thoughts?

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2014, 8:34 pm

I know this is generalizing but :lol: :lol: :lol:

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

Willard
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2014, 8:48 pm

hale_bopp wrote:
Get a date?

What does, in your opinion have a correlation with not being able to get a date?

Thoughts?

WThF??

They complain about women, the same way they complain about anime?
or
They complain about women liking anime?
or
They believe women are not attracted to them because, THEY like anime?

starkid
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2014, 9:59 pm

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

07 Apr 2014, 10:25 pm

hale_bopp wrote:
Being awkward, problems with non verbal social cues & being too direct

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

TheGoggles
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2014, 10:31 pm

Yeah, people will think less of you if you make a big deal about liking anime. They'd think the same way if you were in Japan where the stuff is actually made.

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2014, 11:48 pm

TheGoggles wrote:
Yeah, people will think less of you if you make a big deal about liking anime. They'd think the same way if you were in Japan where the stuff is actually made.
Not necessarilly true if you were in parts of Japan like in Akihabara and Harujuku but both men and women into anime hang out in those districts it is top notch geek central and they do date eachother because they share the same common interests it is the non Otakus that have no interest in those kinds of people and find them too weird and odd to date and dismiss them as losers.

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

Last edited by AspieOtaku on 07 Apr 2014, 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2014, 11:50 pm

Willard wrote:
hale_bopp wrote:
Get a date?

Thoughts?

WThF??

They complain about women, the same way they complain about anime?
or
They complain about women liking anime?
or
[b][b]They believe women are not attracted to them because, THEY like anime[/b]?[/b]
Im pretty sure it is this just like any other geek fandom most women dont like geeks it is just like a grown man into comic books like X-men to them they still view him as immature and too awkward to date hence seeing him as a loser! I am pretty sure Bronies have it much much worse though!

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2014, 11:57 pm

Friendship is Magic counts as anime. I assume they are anime fans who get into it.

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2014, 12:12 am

hale_bopp wrote:
Friendship is Magic counts as anime. I assume they are anime fans who get into it.
Some do some dont technically Friendship is Magic isnt anime because it is an American flash animation. Anime is a different style and based on Manga!

headhunter228
Raven
Raven

08 Apr 2014, 12:47 am

It wouldn't bother me so much, provided she watched something more than just slice-of-life and magical girl animes. MLP is right out, though.

-Count Threpe, The Wise Man's Fear by Patrick Rothfuss

TheGoggles
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2014, 12:49 am

hale_bopp wrote:

I could live 10,000 years, I could live until the heat death of the universe, and I would still never come close to understanding how Bronies became a "thing." It's a cartoon for little girls. It's indistinguishable from a billion other cartoons that came before it. And yet it's become this disturbing Maypole for social outcasts to dance around for years on end.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2014, 12:57 am

AspieOtaku wrote:
hale_bopp wrote:
Some do some dont technically Friendship is Magic isnt anime because it is an American flash animation. Anime is a different style and based on Manga!

Well the same sort of geeky types like it.

Mpregangel
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

08 Apr 2014, 1:44 am

That depends? I love anime and I have a girlfriend who has no problem with that at all. She watches too sometimes. If they have problem either it's not the anime of the girls are judgmental.

hale_bopp wrote:
AspieOtaku wrote:
hale_bopp wrote:

That's kind of stereotyping... I like anime but I loathe MLP and not everyone that like MLP likes anime. They're so very different in their entities. Plus I find MLP fans are diverse ranging from Furries to gamers.

Archdevilius
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

08 Apr 2014, 1:47 am

Anime girls aren't something you come across every day but again, being active helps such as going to role playing or drawing classes that focus on fantasy styles, the two most likely places to find anime girls.

I have had dates that involved watching anime or playing videogames and having sex so girls with those interests do exist and they do need sex like all beings.

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2014, 2:37 am

Mpregangel wrote:
That depends? I love anime and I have a girlfriend who has no problem with that at all. She watches too sometimes. If they have problem either it's not the anime of the girls are judgmental.
hale_bopp wrote:
AspieOtaku wrote:
hale_bopp wrote:

That's kind of stereotyping... I like anime but I loathe MLP and not everyone that like MLP likes anime. They're so very different in their entities. Plus I find MLP fans are diverse ranging from Furries to gamers.
Same here I love anime but hate MLP and have the tendacy of trolling Bronies because of the fact that grown men are into a cartoon that caters to little girls creeps me out. Anime atleast caters to all generes.