Does liking anime have a correlation with not being able to

Page 3 of 3 [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2014, 12:39 pm

jrjones9933 wrote:
What was it... three years ago? I know that I've seen this thread before. Was that you, HaleBopp? Weird to see you using the idea of women as a homogeneous group to try to beat AO over the head. You're playing his game, fss.
...But but its a fun game I guess its her turn to role the dice!

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

09 Apr 2014, 2:31 pm

AspieOtaku wrote:
I mean I could make a thread about people obsessed with cats being bitter towards men! :lol:
Make it. It's gonna be more relevant & useful topic here than the 1 about Cheeses hating WP

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2014, 2:08 am

nick007 wrote:
AspieOtaku wrote:
I mean I could make a thread about people obsessed with cats being bitter towards men! :lol:
Make it. It's gonna be more relevant & useful topic here than the 1 about Cheeses hating WP
Done and done! :wtg: :salut:

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2014, 6:08 am

By all means if it makes you feel better, assume this thread is about you. I don't care enough about you to make a thread about some random - You're simply one of the many hundreds of people here who, over the years adds to the love and dating forum's "addictive qualities". I know next to nothing about you - it's simply a subject I find very interesting. As for the old thread, probably was me. It's something I think about a fair bit.

If I was going to make a thread based on a member, it would be the face of Boo and singing "call me maybe" in a bikini.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2014, 10:12 am

hale_bopp wrote:
By all means if it makes you feel better, assume this thread is about you. I don't care enough about you to make a thread about some random - You're simply one of the many hundreds of people here who, over the years adds to the love and dating forum's "addictive qualities". I know next to nothing about you - it's simply a subject I find very interesting. As for the old thread, probably was me. It's something I think about a fair bit.

Ouch, that's harsh girl, even from you.

Quote:
If I was going to make a thread based on a member, it would be the face of Boo and singing "call me maybe" in a bikini.

You're still fapping over that?

leafplant
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2014, 10:21 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
hale_bopp wrote:

why is it harsh??

Quote:

You're still fapping over that?

Why is this not harsh?

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2014, 11:29 am

This is my 2p.

I have never really got the fuss with anime tbh. It would only be a problem if such person, had little else to talk about, and required someone who is into it.

To me anime is heavy intertwined in online culture. I'm a geek, but do not follow the stereotype of being into gaming, or all these online cultures. I spend enough time looking at screens, my other pastimes have to be more active.

Amine is unlikely all the same. But the is a fair amount of it rightly or wrongly, does look predominately focused on an idealized 'young' look. In some cases prepubescent, or child like (even if it may have adult themes). I also think some of the people interested in it do come across, and bit in that mode.

This is of course a stereotype, but like many stereotypes there is a degree of truth to it. So may be enduing in healthy escapism, other may take it too far. Personal very I'm liberal about what does not harm other people. So don't take issue with fantasy genre out of principle.

I would just wonder what substance, or conversation I could have with someone, with few other interests.

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2014, 12:25 pm

I think I finally understand this thread.

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2014, 1:04 pm

hale_bopp wrote:

I didnt assume it was about me it probably seemed that way but its not Im not even offended or mad I just thought it was funny using a correlation of a fandom which i belong to to not being able to get dates. :lol: Im actually in a happy hyper mood and NOT the grumpy bitter about women mood. :o Im very very hyper!

leafplant
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2014, 2:45 pm

AspieOtaku wrote:
hale_bopp wrote:

I didnt assume it was about me it probably seemed that way but its not Im not even offended or mad I just thought it was funny using a correlation of a fandom which i belong to to not being able to get dates. :lol: Im actually in a happy hyper mood and NOT the grumpy bitter about women mood. :o Im very very hyper!

this cycling between super hyper happy mood and down in the dumps depressed mood makes me think of the bipolar condition. It can be regulated with meds so you don't get depressed but then you don't get super hyper either which is why a lot of bipolar people have trouble staying on the meds. Sorry if this doesn't apply, it just seemed like I should mention it.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2014, 8:08 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
hale_bopp wrote:

It's not harsh, he was bantering with that member up there about me. Also, he was taking the piss of me with that cat thread. The only thing I'm disappointed about is that he didn't include that cat video I made in that post.

I can find another song with you singing in a bikini if you want. :P

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2014, 11:38 pm

leafplant wrote:
AspieOtaku wrote:
hale_bopp wrote:

this cycling between super hyper happy mood and down in the dumps depressed mood makes me think of the bipolar condition. It can be regulated with meds so you don't get depressed but then you don't get super hyper either which is why a lot of bipolar people have trouble staying on the meds. Sorry if this doesn't apply, it just seemed like I should mention it.
Hmm it could be a possibility I never got a diagnosis of BPD though maybe I should I already had a dx of Asperger earlier on and recently a possibility of PTSD now BPD funny thing is my sister suspects me of also having ADHD. *face falls first on his computer desk*

SoftwareEngineer
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2014, 11:52 pm

Due to nasty life experience, many autistic people acquire all sorts of extra conditions. Luckily, we function at a high enough level we usually figure out what is going on. I really feel for the folks who can't understand, like the mentally ret*d.

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2014, 1:01 am

hale_bopp wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
hale_bopp wrote:

It's not harsh, he was bantering with that member up there about me. Also, he was taking the piss of me with that cat thread. The only thing I'm disappointed about is that he didn't include that cat video I made in that post.

I can find another song with you singing in a bikini if you want. :P
Your alright in my book Hale Bopp I just get playful is all :wink: [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZccEmKeDHw[/youtube] And heres the video of you about cats. Its ok I like cats too they are sweet and adorable.