Women and men irritate the crap out of eachother!

Page 2 of 6 [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2014, 3:02 pm

The brain differences between men and women are probably way greater than between NTs and ASs of the same gender.

Hopper
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2014, 3:43 pm

I don't know if it counts for much, as I'm not exactly a people person, and I'm quite picky about who I'll willingly spend time with. But I find women in general much more bearable than men. I would say men have a 95% chance of ticking me off. Women, about 60%.

You know sometimes, between the dames and the horses, I don't even know why I put my hat on.

GiantHockeyFan
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2014, 4:10 pm

Hopper wrote:
I don't know if it counts for much, as I'm not exactly a people person, and I'm quite picky about who I'll willingly spend time with. But I find women in general much more bearable than men. I would say men have a 95% chance of ticking me off. Women, about 60%.

I totally agree. As much as women are driving me around the bend on the dating scene, I find the majority of my conversations are with women, particularly 35+. Even on this website I find that to be the case even though I look like a stereotypical male and have stereotypical male interests. I find men to be very boring to talk to and they generally revolve around the same topics over and over like beer and sex. I once had a 3 hour conversation with a woman at work and I can't think of any man on earth I could stand to be around for that long.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2014, 4:50 pm

My experience is the opposite of you both, I met more like-minded men than women (and I am hetero), I've witnessed more individualism in males than in females in my area, for instance, I've met far more male atheists and freethinker males than females, even among religious folks they tend to question stuff. When it comes to religious folk, men are either extremely believers or extremely skeptical, while most women are moderately religious, blindly do religious practices like praying and fasting and don't dig much into details.

I feel sometimes as if girls in my area were exposed since birth to a systematic upbringing to be conditioned to think almost the same way.

Eureka13
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2014, 4:55 pm

I wonder if the reason so many of us on the spectrum get along better (as friends) with the opposite sex than we do with the same sex is that we are simply not wired for social competitiveness, and there is so much of that constantly going on in same-gender interactions.

I've always gotten along better with men than with women. Maybe that's just because I'm a gearhead and I'm really interested in science (especially physics, but anything remotely science-y is of great interest to me). Any time I've been in a room with a group of women, I end up having to violently resist the urge to knaw off one of my limbs so that I can escape the torture.

FireyInspiration
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2014, 5:25 pm

I counter that George Carlin quote with another:

“Men are from Earth, women are from Earth. Deal with it.”

starvingartist
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2014, 6:23 pm

Eureka13 wrote:
I wonder if the reason so many of us on the spectrum get along better (as friends) with the opposite sex than we do with the same sex is that we are simply not wired for social competitiveness, and there is so much of that constantly going on in same-gender interactions.

I've always gotten along better with men than with women. Maybe that's just because I'm a gearhead and I'm really interested in science (especially physics, but anything remotely science-y is of great interest to me). Any time I've been in a room with a group of women, I end up having to violently resist the urge to knaw off one of my limbs so that I can escape the torture.

are you my long-lost twin or something? :lol:

i think you've hit the nail on the head with the competition in same-gender interactions--i've never been a competitive person and i don't understand the constant jockeying for social positioning of people who are competitive. it always seemed like a pointless exercise and a waste of time to me. i've heard people argue that competition is important socially because it encourages people to challenge themselves--i just don't understand why people can't do that on their own without needing to compete with others. i love to test myself with new things and challenge my abilities--but instead of comparing myself to others, i just compare with my own past efforts and try to improve on them. all the really competitive people i've known in my life--my father and sister being prime examples--were jerks and used competition to feel superior to others and to prop up their inflated egos, not to challenge themselves simply for the sake of improving at something.

bloody social hierarchies....*grumble grumble*

FireyInspiration
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2014, 12:04 am

Eureka13 wrote:

I'd say that's possible. I don't feel I get along 'better' with women than with other men I fact I've never really noticed a difference, or even thought there would be a difference to notice, am I just that naive? I actually feel most at home with mixed company, and the whole social competitiveness thing confuses me also. In a social environment people want to be 'better than their friends'? I see how in a job environment competition might be relevant, but that shouldn't be a gender based thing.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2014, 2:44 am

Eureka13 wrote:

No, I am male and I feel the same if I am in a room with a group of wome, their conversations are pretty silly and superficial, and take photos all the time, oh but you would accuse me of being sexist and woman hater if I said that earlier, duh.

Hmm I knew a group of women who were the opposite of all other groups I knew, I liked 2 of them, go figure :lol:. Sadly it has been ages we didn't do a gathering.

Hopper
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2014, 6:37 am

GiantHockeyFan wrote:
Hopper wrote:

I totally agree. As much as women are driving me around the bend on the dating scene, I find the majority of my conversations are with women, particularly 35+. Even on this website I find that to be the case even though I look like a stereotypical male and have stereotypical male interests. I find men to be very boring to talk to and they generally revolve around the same topics over and over like beer and sex. I once had a 3 hour conversation with a woman at work and I can't think of any man on earth I could stand to be around for that long.

Amongst family and friends who I'll happily/voluntarily communicate with (sometimes even in person), it definitely skews to women. It is a small circle, though. I find their character appealing, and a worldview and humour that overlaps. If I don't share a particular taste, I can see why they have that taste, and appreciate it.

But when strangers insist on talking to me (yes, we're waiting for the same bus, but I have my earphones in and am reading - I don''t know how better to communicate my complete disinterest in having a conversation), it's women who are far easier and pleasant and interesting to talk to. For myself, I wonder if it's because within genders, there's an expected conversation - sports, drinking, cars, sex, women - which I don't have any interest in talking about. Whereas between genders, the conversation is less predefined/expected and so has more possibilities.

Also, I like the whys. What interests other people may not interest me, but what does is why it interests them. I find things like that interesting, and I think women-at-large (for whatever reason) are more given to talking about their subjectivity (I think it's because they are expected to account for it in a way men aren't), which I find a very interesting, uh, subject.

I think Eureka13 and starvingartist are onto something with the competitiveness. I also think the competitive types don't like people who aren't competitive. Because you can't compete and win against someone who isn't competing - in the sense that, as Gore Vidal had it, 'it's not enough for me to win. Somebody has to lose'. How infuriating it must be when people don't know or understand or care that they've lost.

You know sometimes, between the dames and the horses, I don't even know why I put my hat on.

Vomelche
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2014, 8:51 am

I enjoy women's company more in a normal social setting, since there is less egos clashing with each other than with men. However, when it comes to dating, the atmosphere changes and interaction becomes too competitive and strained.

The way man and women interact with each other I think is determined by our culture. And, so far it is not doing good with divorce rates being so high and a lot of misunderstandings happening in gender communication.

On the note of same gender competition, I agree that some of us probably get along better with opposite genders because we don't identify strongly with our own gender stereotype. We can be more open minded when communicating with other genders and appear more neutral.

Last edited by Vomelche on 24 Apr 2014, 11:03 am, edited 3 times in total.

Eureka13
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2014, 10:17 am

starvingartist wrote:
are you my long-lost twin or something? :lol:

i think you've hit the nail on the head with the competition in same-gender interactions--i've never been a competitive person and i don't understand the constant jockeying for social positioning of people who are competitive. it always seemed like a pointless exercise and a waste of time to me. i've heard people argue that competition is important socially because it encourages people to challenge themselves--i just don't understand why people can't do that on their own without needing to compete with others. i love to test myself with new things and challenge my abilities--but instead of comparing myself to others, i just compare with my own past efforts and try to improve on them. all the really competitive people i've known in my life--my father and sister being prime examples--were jerks and used competition to feel superior to others and to prop up their inflated egos, not to challenge themselves simply for the sake of improving at something.

bloody social hierarchies....*grumble grumble*

Exactly. Any competitiveness I do have is academically and professionally oriented. In any case, I don't give a rat's ass about how anyone else is doing - so long as I can consistently live up to my own standards, and keep pushing myself to get a little better each time, I am satisfied. I simply don't see the point in social competition, whether it be men or women competing for the hottest female/male, or who drives the fanciest car, or who has the most friends on Facebook. It's a meaningless measure of value, IMO. :?

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2014, 1:57 pm

Sometimes when im in a playful mood i like to get women to chase me but I think that just annoys the hell out of them.

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

Eureka13
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2014, 2:54 pm

Vomelche wrote:
I enjoy women's company more in a normal social setting, since there is less egos clashing with each other than with men. However, when it comes to dating, the atmosphere changes and interaction becomes too competitive and strained.

The way man and women interact with each other I think is determined by our culture. And, so far it is not doing good with divorce rates being so high and a lot of misunderstandings happening in gender communication.

On the note of same gender competition, I agree that some of us probably get along better with opposite genders because we don't identify strongly with our own gender stereotype. We can be more open minded when communicating with other genders and appear more neutral.

I think that's an excellent point.

mr_bigmouth_502
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2014, 4:34 pm

I'm not sexist, I think both males and females can be irritating. In other words, people can be irritating. :P

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2014, 6:14 pm

mr_bigmouth_502 wrote:
I'm not sexist, I think both males and females can be irritating. In other words, people can be irritating. :P
Exactly!

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList