Dreaming of your prince/princess....

Page 2 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Halfmadgenius
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2014, 3:35 am

Prince? Pffttt, I'd rather find a lab partner. Some one smart enough to discuss documentaries but dumb enough to mix the water and dry ice while I stand back and watch.

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Half of me is in the Washington state, the other Los Angeles.

21 May 2014, 11:51 pm

So it's been over a month since I made this thread, and I am still looking. Look at the 'Unrequited Friendships' thread in the Socializing section on someone I'm interested in.

The Canadian Football League - What We're Made Of

Feel free to talk to me, if you wish. :)

Every day is a gift- cherish it!

"A true, true friend helps a friend in need."

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2014, 12:56 am

You have to put yourself in places where you can meet someone. Sitting home and wishing for something isn't going to work. There are so many places you can meet someone. I met my husband at work. He didn't work there, I did. It was a convenience store/gas station and he worked across the street at the construction site. He came in after work for gas, cigarettes and a six pack and we both felt attracted to each other. It went from there.

My kids have met their bf's and gf's through friends or family and at school. I know people who have met theirs out at bars, or at church. Some people have met on the internet. Oddly enough, my cousin met his wife on the internet back before internet dating was popular and accepted and most people thought it was just for losers to go look for someone online. They met by accident when they were talking about things to do in a new city they had both moved to (aol profile search back in the mid 90's - she sent him an IM).

You and I talk sometimes and I know there are a lot of things you want out of life, but it seems to me that you are very hesitant to just jump in and go after them, which is the only way you are going to get them. Like the job thing, you are waiting on the lady to find you the perfect job for you, but so far she hasn't. The key word there is waiting. You need to go out and get one, any one that you can do even if you don't like it, so you'll have one and still look for the right one for you while you are working. Relationships are the same way. Don't sit back and wait to run across the girl you think may be perfect for you, go out and talk to girls and ask ones that you think are attractive and who might go out with you. Every date isn't the start of your dream relationship, it's just a date. Most dates are not going to turn into lifetime relationships. You can't do the "it must be perfect before I try" kind of thinking because that will guarantee that you will still be living with your parents when you are 50 and still waiting.

You are a nice kid, and I so want to see you get all the things in life you want, but unless you jump in and get your feet wet, and chance failing at things, you won't ever get any of them.

Make plans for the weekend to go out. Go with a friend or two. Talk to girls. Ask them out. Be prepared to come home with no phone numbers if need be, but keep trying. When you get a number, call the girl and make plans. DO NOT SEE IT AS THE BEGINNING OF ANYTHING! Just let it be what it is, a date. You are putting way too much pressure on yourself and who ever you may date. Keep it casual. Don't obsess over it.

You can't ever go on your dream vacation without walking out the door first. ;-)

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Half of me is in the Washington state, the other Los Angeles.

23 May 2014, 2:23 am

^ I see.....

The Canadian Football League - What We're Made Of

Feel free to talk to me, if you wish. :)

Every day is a gift- cherish it!

"A true, true friend helps a friend in need."

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2014, 2:41 am

I did all the time up until recently. If you learn to pinch the fantasy before it becomes a problem, you will hopefully be happier.

As Dumbledore says:

"It doesn't do to dwell on dreams, and forget to live".