Page 1 of 4 [ 55 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2014, 1:45 pm

Its true I figured them out! What I figured out about women is that they cannot be figured out, even other women cannot figure out women! The more you try to it is like staring into the eyes of Cthulu, you will go absolutely insane!

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

Hopper
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2014, 2:12 pm

I don't get this thing where women are opaque enigmas and men are wysiwyg. I think this is far more all sorts of projection than anything true to life. If you think someone is mysterious and difficult to understand, you will find them so. If you think someone straightforward and easy to understand, you will likely find them so - the 'likely' here because most people will do things that we don't see coming or understand at first.

If you really want to go mad, try and understand yourself. All of us, I mean - not singling you out here, AspieOtaku.

You know sometimes, between the dames and the horses, I don't even know why I put my hat on.

AspergianMutantt
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2014, 2:22 pm

Rofl!

Actually, their not all that hard to figure out, just it took me nearly 50 years to figure that out.

Its about like thinking this other person must be smarter then you because they confuse you, when in truth its the other way around.
Not saying women are not as smart as men, its just their way of thinking is a little askew from mens, their women after all.

And you must keep in mind, they do get vary moody and emotional because of fluctuating hormones.

mr_bigmouth_502
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2014, 2:23 pm

AspieOtaku wrote:
Its true I figured them out! What I figured out about women is that they cannot be figured out, even other women cannot figure out women! The more you try to it is like staring into the eyes of Cthulu, you will go absolutely insane!

I've known this all along. :P

charcoalsketches
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

01 May 2014, 3:32 pm

Well, not unless you put in the time to do so. I remember I was talking to a woman about my theory of women, and our relations to them. She was blown away. If only she didn't get rid of her DeviantArt site, I could retrieve it.

Briareos
Raven
Raven

01 May 2014, 3:37 pm

charcoalsketches wrote:
Well, not unless you put in the time to do so. I remember I was talking to a woman about my theory of women, and our relations to them. She was blown away. If only she didn't get rid of her DeviantArt site, I could retrieve it.
Can you remember, in essence, what it was about?

"If you focus on results, you won't change. If you focus on change, you'll get results."

charcoalsketches
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

01 May 2014, 3:42 pm

Briareos wrote:
charcoalsketches wrote:

I rote it in a poem. If you have a DeviantArt, I can send you the link. If not, I'll post it here. Your choice.

Eureka13
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2014, 3:43 pm

Hopper wrote:
I don't get this thing where women are opaque enigmas and men are wysiwyg. I think this is far more all sorts of projection than anything true to life. If you think someone is mysterious and difficult to understand, you will find them so. If you think someone straightforward and easy to understand, you will likely find them so - the 'likely' here because most people will do things that we don't see coming or understand at first.

If you really want to go mad, try and understand yourself. All of us, I mean - not singling you out here, AspieOtaku.

Bingo.

I'm still working on understanding myself completely, and I'm not sure it's entirely possible. As far as understanding other people, male or female, theoretically, the better you know someone, the more likely you are to understand them, but thinking you cannot possibly understand any woman is likely going to become a self-fulfilling prophecy. Likewise, if you assume you will automatically understand any man, you're probably in for an unpleasant surprise at some point.

FrankiDelano
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

01 May 2014, 3:43 pm

Are us men any easier to figure out?

GiantHockeyFan
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2014, 3:52 pm

FrankiDelano wrote:

Well, apparently the answer is no. I have had women (especially my ex) tell me that they are so confused by me and cannot understand me at all even when I consider myself to be as straightforward as you can get. Guess that mystery is the spice of life for both men and women.

Dantac
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2014, 3:56 pm

OP...

watch this

Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei

;)

dexopodia
Butterfly
Butterfly

01 May 2014, 4:09 pm

When you stare into the abyss, the abyss stares back into you.

Briareos
Raven
Raven

01 May 2014, 4:10 pm

charcoalsketches wrote:
Briareos wrote:
charcoalsketches wrote:

I rote it in a poem. If you have a DeviantArt, I can send you the link. If not, I'll post it here. Your choice.

hmm, well I have a dA account, but post it here for the rest to see....

"If you focus on results, you won't change. If you focus on change, you'll get results."

charcoalsketches
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

01 May 2014, 4:38 pm

Briareos wrote:
charcoalsketches wrote:
Briareos wrote:
charcoalsketches wrote:

hmm, well I have a dA account, but post it here for the rest to see....

Very well, then. The title of the poem is called The Mystery of a Venus Fly Trap.

The most accurate analogy for a woman
Is her own vagina
you will never know what she is like
You will never know how she works
Until you are willing to get inside
Once you do make your way in,
The only question you have to answer for yourself
Is whether you'll be able to pry your way out
Rather, whether you want to

Many have tried and failed
to understand the allure of a woman
All it takes is a bit of detective work
Learning by ear or by conversation
A woman can often have walls
Walls that suggest her surface may not
Be what she is deep inside
If you can collapse that wall
Stimulate her mind, body and soul
Open her like the door of your front porch
It doesn't mean you have her
It just means you are trusted

All it takes for her
is a careful entry
Mastered moves
Heavy breath
A turn of your key
And you may have figured her out
Or have you?

The problem is this:
People only go by the surface
By what they have learned
Then, when they get a curveball
The thrill of knowing her leaves
In fact, there was no thrill
for the lesser man
Just the idea of what you see
all there is to most
Is the elegant beauty
The uniqueness of the venus fly trap
Not their function

My description on the site:

I wrote a long-azz essay on the defunct front page of the commentor, describing that when I look at her, I see something mysterious about a woman. I see someone who is fun, someone who is open with her soul, her mind, her sexuality, but still believe that there is more to her than there is in the surface. There is a woman who is capable of much more than people would assume.

I once commented that a picture shows her being cute, but the flash of her nice teeth suggests a hidden danger, meaning that when you are with a woman the least you can do is be mindful of their essence.

The best part about some women is that they don't always give away their secrets. Some are well aware that people are more focused on and judgmental about their surface, and the beauty of it is that assuming stuff based upon the surface is what gets one in trouble. Finding out what is beneath is the real adventure, and one that can be worth taking.

I can't say this is the best poem I have written.

For those who want to comment there, here is the link: http://7r41n3d3rr0r157.deviantart.com/a ... -341027439

Hopper
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2014, 5:39 pm

Eureka13 wrote:
Hopper wrote:

Bingo.

I'm still working on understanding myself completely, and I'm not sure it's entirely possible. As far as understanding other people, male or female, theoretically, the better you know someone, the more likely you are to understand them, but thinking you cannot possibly understand any woman is likely going to become a self-fulfilling prophecy. Likewise, if you assume you will automatically understand any man, you're probably in for an unpleasant surprise at some point.

I think it definitely becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy. I think in such cases, men get to looking for something that simply isn't there, with all the bafflement that entails.

I think it works on the sort of flattery personality tests or astrological claims do. You give people a list of characteristics that is probably true of 90% who'll answer the questions or look up their birthsign, and all told in a flattering way, rounded off with a sort of negation to give the impression that you have a rounded personality (itself flattering) - "you are patient, but don't suffer fools gladly. You are generous, though sometimes this leads to others taking advantage of you" etc.

It's flattering to be thought of and to think of oneself as straightforward. It is similarly flattering to be thought of and to think of oneself as mysterious. And, of course, both these attributes can be derided and attacked. That every human in history was both straightforward and a mystery to many who knew them, sometimes simultaneously, seems a given to me.

I suppose it depends to what extent you want to understand someone. I think the more you get to know someone, it gets both easier and harder to understand them. And at least doubly so for onself - I think you're right that it's not entirely possible. There's always an element that remains hidden.

You know sometimes, between the dames and the horses, I don't even know why I put my hat on.

cannotthinkoff
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

01 May 2014, 5:40 pm

FrankiDelano wrote:

Exactly! People in general are hard to figure out. None of us really know what we want, we change our minds unpredictably and are riddled with contradictions. This artificial divide is nuts. Unless of course men are very happy with the "all men want is sex and a maid" label