Question regarding Aspie guys: advice needed.

Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

DeeLerious184
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

08 May 2014, 4:14 pm

Question: How do aspie males act and talk if he has a crush on someone? A friend was randomly asked by an aspie guy, during a conversation about dating, if she woukd prefer a guy, who liked her to directly ask her out or to ask her to to volunteer with him. Then, when they were at a bookstore, during a group outing, he kept pointing books relating to cats, that were near them. ( she likes cats)

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2014, 5:12 pm

I think the guy is trying to point out a commonality between he and her.

I'm not a typical Aspie, I don't believe. When I was younger, I was so bashful.

I would try to strike up a conversation with a woman whom I'm attracted to.(I'm 53 years old, I shouldn't say girl LOL). During that conversation, I would seek commonality. I would compliment her on some aspect of her looks, or of her mind. If I'm really attracted to her, I would try to kiss her hand while making the compliment (I suppose that's pretty forward! LOL). I might even ask her out directly--but, mostly likely, I would continue the conversation until the subject of "what are you doing this weekend" comes up. Then I might mention a lecture or something which I'm going; I would make sure she's interested in that subject. If she's interested, I would propose that we go to that lecture together, then eat something later.

Really, I would "take it by ear." I would want to sense interest on her part. If I don't sense interest, I wouldn't ask her out unless I'm REALLY attracted to her.

DeeLerious184
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

08 May 2014, 5:49 pm

He has complimented her on her ideas about a meetup he runs and she is a member of.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2014, 7:36 pm

How did she respond?

DeeLerious184
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

08 May 2014, 7:44 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
How did she respond?

Positively, by picking up two books.

Buddy
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

08 May 2014, 8:40 pm

I would ask her out to go for a coffee, and take it from there. :roll:

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2014, 9:17 pm

There is no generic Aspie guy answer to this. Every guy is going to be different. Some might be anxious, nervous, shy etc, others might just ask her point blank for a date.

DeeLerious184
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

08 May 2014, 9:36 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
There is no generic Aspie guy answer to this. Every guy is going to be different. Some might be anxious, nervous, shy etc, others might just ask her point blank for a date.

I was not expecting a generic pattern but tendencies.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2014, 9:52 pm

DeeLerious184 wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:

I was not expecting a generic pattern but tendencies.

They tend to vary widely.

Vomelche
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2014, 9:31 am

I would be awkwardly attentive. Since he's being helpful, it could be a sign that he is interested. Other more obvious clues to look for would probably be selective eye contact and body language, but it wouldn't looks the same as that of an NT, more awkward, systematic and direct.

DeeLerious184
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

09 May 2014, 10:59 am

Vomelche wrote:
I would be awkwardly attentive. Since he's being helpful, it could be a sign that he is interested. Other more obvious clues to look for would probably be selective eye contact and body language, but it wouldn't looks the same as that of an NT, more awkward, systematic and direct.

I see.

Suhtek
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

09 May 2014, 11:48 am

Whenever I like a girl I mention cat books to her.

Rigor
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

09 May 2014, 2:53 pm

DeeLerious184 wrote:
Question: How do aspie males act and talk if he has a crush on someone? A friend was randomly asked by an aspie guy, during a conversation about dating, if she woukd prefer a guy, who liked her to directly ask her out or to ask her to to volunteer with him. Then, when they were at a bookstore, during a group outing, he kept pointing books relating to cats, that were near them. ( she likes cats)

How old is your friend/the aspie? That sounds like something I might try 5-6 years ago or something.

Nowadays when I have a crush I go out of my way to not make eye contact with or talk to them unless they do so with me first.

DeeLerious184
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

09 May 2014, 3:01 pm

late 20s.

DeeLerious184
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

09 May 2014, 3:01 pm

Rigor wrote:
DeeLerious184 wrote:

How old is your friend/the aspie? That sounds like something I might try 5-6 years ago or something.

Nowadays when I have a crush I go out of my way to not make eye contact with or talk to them unless they do so with me first.

I usually do the same thing.

DeeLerious184
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

09 May 2014, 3:12 pm

except for the avoiding eye contact and conversation thing.