Surely women want to a guy who lives long enough?

Page 1 of 8 [ 122 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2020, 12:06 pm

Women are attracted to tall guys because they want to feel protected and wear heels and pass on those same tall genes to there children.

The thing is though tall men on average die much younger than shorter guys. My question is surely women would want a man to live long enough and to provide for her?

So why on average do women still gravitate towards tall men bearing in mind they don’t live as long.

holymackerel
Toucan
Toucan

14 Dec 2020, 12:12 pm

It sounds like you are complaining Jamesy. You don't get to tell people what they can and can not like, so what's the point?

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2020, 12:21 pm

holymackerel wrote:
It sounds like you are complaining Jamesy. You don't get to tell people what they can and can not like, so what's the point?

Well I just find it surprising that women don’t mind going after men who may not live long enough to provide for them in the long run. Also they risk passing on those same problems onto there offspring.

I suppose though not everyone is aware that tall people live shorter lives?

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2020, 12:41 pm

Are you referring to ALL women, all women who have rejected you, or just the few women you personally know?

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2020, 12:44 pm

I'm not sure that is strictly true. I used to work at an old people's home and there were a lot of men in their 80s who were tall, like over 6 feet.

Also I don't think women think of that sort of thing like "oh that guy's tall so he will drop dead before he's 70, I better not go there".

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

14 Dec 2020, 12:52 pm

On average, women want men a few inches taller than themselves.
Which is lucky, because on average, men are a few inches taller than women.

Anyway, in reality, there's neither average man nor average woman, unless one could be 5% pregnant. People get to know each other and form pairs as particular individuals.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2020, 1:05 pm

magz wrote:
On average, women want men a few inches taller than themselves.
Which is lucky, because on average, men are a few inches taller than women.

Anyway, in reality, there's neither average man nor average woman, unless one could be 5% pregnant. People get to know each other and form pairs as particular individuals.

sometimes even a few inches taller is not enough

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

14 Dec 2020, 1:07 pm

Jamesy wrote:
sometimes even a few inches taller is not enough

And sometimes it's more than enough - otherwise humans would have ceased to reproduce millenia ago.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2020, 1:11 pm

Jamesy wrote:
magz wrote:
On average, women want men a few inches taller than themselves.  Which is lucky, because on average, men are a few inches taller than women.  Anyway, in reality, there's neither average man nor average woman, unless one could be 5% pregnant.  People get to know each other and form pairs as particular individuals.
Sometimes even a few inches taller is not enough
Likely due to the man's personality or lack thereof.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

FleaOfTheChill
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2020, 1:42 pm

Joe90 wrote:
Also I don't think women think of that sort of thing like "oh that guy's tall so he will drop dead before he's 70, I better not go there".

I was thinking the same thing.

I'm also not sure that women regard men and think, wow, he's tall, lemme bust out the heels, pass on those tall genes and feel protected and junk. But hey, I'm no master of the workings of women's minds, so what do I know. Im only guessing.

As for why women might prefer tall men, it's probably because in general men are taller then women so it would just seem to work out that way. But again, I'm only guessing.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

14 Dec 2020, 1:52 pm

I'm medium-short and all the men I ever dated were short-to-medium - and intellectual.
I think some guys really overestimate importance of height and other physical traits. For me, the most important part of physical attractiveness of a man is his... smell - but I wouldn't date someone only for his physical attractiveness, I've wanted a lasting relationship since I remember.

Juliette
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2020, 2:12 pm

I’m 5” 2 and the two men I’ve had lengthy relationships with & had a family with, have been 6”2(when I was 16-20yrs) and 6”6(from 21 onwards). How tall a man is doesn’t even enter the equation with me. Personality is everything.

KT67
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2020, 2:18 pm

Dangerous to assume that all strong women want to be provided for.

Ironically gold digging women often like men who are old. Not everyone in an age gap relationship does this but enough of them that it's a phenomena, like the height thing. They have the life insurance provide for them...

Most people want someone who is attractive, sure, but also liveable with. Someone they actually love. So they'd rather they lived a long time cos they love them.

It's dangerous to read too much incel/pua stuff rather than actually listening to women in healthy relationships. Women in healthy relationships don't put an obsessive amount of attention on their partners' looks, it's just one of many things they admire/like about the person they love - and the same the other way around.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

14 Dec 2020, 2:37 pm

KT67 wrote:
It's dangerous to read too much incel/pua stuff rather than actually listening to women in healthy relationships.
I think listening to men in healthy relationship is valuable, too.
Incel point of view is... simply unhealthy, for anyone.

uncommondenominator
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2020, 2:40 pm

The general idea that "tall men die much younger" isn't strictly true. More accurately, men who are taller than 6'4 live, on average, 5-7 years fewer than men who are around 5'9 or so, with the weight and overall health of the individuals being a significant factor as well. So we're talking living to 75 instead of 80. Not that much younger...

"Tall people" who live MUCH shorter lives are unusually tall, like 7' or taller. They're talking about the likes of Wilt Chamberlain and Andre the Giant, not average dudes who are "tall" like 6'2, and otherwise healthy.

KT67
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2020, 2:54 pm

magz wrote:
KT67 wrote:
It's dangerous to read too much incel/pua stuff rather than actually listening to women in healthy relationships.
I think listening to men in healthy relationship is valuable, too.
Incel point of view is... simply unhealthy, for anyone.

Yes true but I'm assuming he's straight not bi/pan.

It's important to know what attracts people who might be attracted to you.

To know that it's not 100% looks based in a healthy relationship and that a lot of strong women honestly don't care about outdated stereotypes like 'he has to provide for me', these days it's more 'he has to be at my stage of life, similar income etc'.