Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

Phenom
Raven
Raven

18 Jul 2014, 5:30 am

Hello.

My name is Brandon and I must be the loneliest person on the planet. I don't have a girlfriend or significant other and haven't had one for many years now and I don't really know why. I'm not a bad looking guy, I'm incredibly fit, healthy, intelligent and artistic. I'm just VERY shy and I think that's the problem. I'm just looking for someone to talk to who can understand where I'm coming from with having AS and all. Or maybe even someone who can explain things from a female perspective.

luap125
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

18 Jul 2014, 7:19 am

I'm pretty much in the same boat as you bro. I have one good friend we've know each other since we where 12 (even though we didn't speak for years) but things at awesome now. Last year my fiance of 5 1/2 years left me for not one but two other guys. And now I'm stuck lost alone and confused. The whole lot! I'm apparently incredible smart, and I'm the go to guy for anything from mechanics to biology information technology you name it. But still I'm alone miserable and Idk. I'm also incredibly shy like you so I know how that feels, but at other times I won't shut up lol. I'm hoping I'll find someone one day but after a year out of a relationship and not even getting remotely close to anyone I just don't know. But saying that I'm not giving up yet(much lol). You're not the loneliest guy bro, I feel for ya! If you wanna talk about s**t pm me. I'm not really on here much so if I don't reply for weeks you know why. Good luck man and keep on rolling with the punches.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2014, 8:11 am

I'm sorry your fiancée (or is it fiance? left you. At least you will never be put in the awkward position of "going three ways."

Good thing about Wrong Planet--you should show off your intellectual proclivities here--as long as you don't get too pedantic, and get hung up on semantics.

There are lots of lonely guys here who could commiserate.

Cafeaulait
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2014, 12:51 pm

Hi Brandon, I'm a 22 year old female who also feels lonely at time. I am more than willing to talk. I am Dutch/Surinamese so my English is not flawless. Don't hesitate to send me a PM so we can chat if you feel like it.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2014, 5:39 pm

Have you actually been to Surinam?

I want to go there some day.

The closest I've come to Surinam was when I was in Trinidad and Tobago.

Phenom
Raven
Raven

19 Jul 2014, 4:21 am

Thanks Luap, you really made me feel better about the whole situation you have no idea what your words did for me. Sorry about your fiancé though, some women(not all) really do know how to rip your heart out and pull your legs from under you.

And we will be speaking soon Cafeaulait :wink:

I F***ing love this forum.

Cafeaulait
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2014, 5:45 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
Have you actually been to Surinam?

I want to go there some day.

The closest I've come to Surinam was when I was in Trinidad and Tobago.

Yes I have been there three times. It was awesome because nature is amazing there. I am in love with it.

Cool that you want to go there some day! I hope I can go to T&T one day.

wowiexist
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2014, 11:32 pm

I feel the same way. In my own eyes I have a lot going for me. Unfortunately there are no women who feel the same way. I guess we just have to keep trying and hope someone will accept us.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2014, 2:03 am

^ except the things women and others say is getting to me.

Phenom
Raven
Raven

20 Jul 2014, 4:04 am

To be honest with everyone I Blame television and all its nonsense. I say this because I have found that anyone that doesn't meet the stereotypes (that's exactly what it is) depicted on the rectangular mind numbing machine is automatically labeled odd or different. Now it could just be people in my age group (I'm 22), but I fear that that's just not the case. It pisses me off because when someone meets me or someone that is COMPLETELY original we are cast off to the side because we don't fit into this neat little box or idea of how people are 'supposed' to be. Well you know what F**k your bu**sh** stereotypes and if I have to be persecuted for being original, then so be it; but I will NOT compromise myself to fit in to your idea of how I'm supposed to be.

As you can see this angers me because I feel that there is a bit off social engineering being done by the people who control TV and everyone is too stupid to see it. When you think about it there are all these stereotypes and after a while it become which came first the chicken or the egg and then before you know it stereotypes are being created and the idiots just follow. Now this would be fine if it wasn't for the fact that I'm outnumbered by idiots 4:1.

Sorry for the rant, but thus is why I don't even own a television. I don't need someone telling me how I should be and act... There are probably massive grammatical errors in this, but I don't care; I was on a roll.

luap125
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

20 Jul 2014, 5:40 am

No worries man! Glad to help a fellow aspie feel better. You are right about television setting the norm, so to speak. And why change ourselfs to conform. f**k that! lol. And thanks everyone for your kind words also. Did really do a number on me. But like I said keep rolling with those punches and one day who knows. Just don't let anyone get to you 👍

Cafeaulait
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2014, 2:55 pm

Phenom wrote:
To be honest with everyone I Blame television and all its nonsense. I say this because I have found that anyone that doesn't meet the stereotypes (that's exactly what it is) depicted on the rectangular mind numbing machine is automatically labeled odd or different. Now it could just be people in my age group (I'm 22), but I fear that that's just not the case. It pisses me off because when someone meets me or someone that is COMPLETELY original we are cast off to the side because we don't fit into this neat little box or idea of how people are 'supposed' to be. Well you know what F**k your bu**sh** stereotypes and if I have to be persecuted for being original, then so be it; but I will NOT compromise myself to fit in to your idea of how I'm supposed to be.

As you can see this angers me because I feel that there is a bit off social engineering being done by the people who control TV and everyone is too stupid to see it. When you think about it there are all these stereotypes and after a while it become which came first the chicken or the egg and then before you know it stereotypes are being created and the idiots just follow. Now this would be fine if it wasn't for the fact that I'm outnumbered by idiots 4:1.

Totally true. I get sick of that as well.