My thoughts on why you don't have a girlfriend.

Page 4 of 6 [ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

mr_bigmouth_502
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2014, 1:05 am

Coolguy wrote:
Here's how it was explained to me:

You have to have a good relationship with yourself before you can have a relationship with other men.

You have to have a relationship with other men before you can have a relationship with a woman.

Makes sense to me.

I've noticed this before actually. I don't get along well with anyone for a prolonged period of time, not even myself.

autismthinker21
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2014, 2:47 am

All i see is people with plays. REALLLY?

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2014, 1:52 pm

WRONG!

It's because I'm gay. :)

AngelRho
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2014, 4:11 pm

em_tsuj wrote:
My experience tells me that women are the people to talk to if you want to know about what women want, how to approach a women. All the guys I listened to gave me dumb advice based on stereotypes of women. I've learned more in six months coming here than the 29 years that preceded that. I learned it from women trying to explain things from their perspective. When you stop thinking about manipulating a woman into having sex with you and start seeing women as human beings who happen to be female, it becomes a lot easier to have a relationship with them (any kind of relationship from acquaintance to spouse).

The other stuff I agree with--especially the part about having a good relationship with yourself.

Well said.

I'd say even leave out that whole "who happen to be female" bit. People are just people. If you just want to find another person to have sex with, find a person whose interest and enthusiasm for sex with the opposite sex match your own. No manipulation necessary.

Outrider
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2014, 8:26 pm

Azereiah wrote:
What if you don't like other men? Getting into a relationship isn't about how "masculine" you are. It's not about how much of an "alpha" you are. It's not even about how emotionally stable you are. There are millions of totally messed up dudes out there in relationships.

You're single because you aren't going out and trying to make friends with people in general. Sex has nothing to do with it. Make friends with your preferred gender, stop being such a doormat, and you'll eventually get a date.

Exactly. This is what I am aiming on doing. To stop being such an isolated person and to actually get out there, meet people, make friends with both sexes; and hope I meet a nice girl or guy (i am bi).

Outgoing and confidence can be mutually exclusive. I'm shy but I can still go out and do things with equally shy friends. If we meet people or have a good time with the people with us then yeah.....

There's plenty of messed up guys with girlfriends because they can meet people, there's plenty of perfectly decent aspies inside that are single because they can't meet people.

I think this is most of us. Perfectly decent people who are just too isolated to really make friends; and when we DO get out there we are too much out of our comfort zone to really meet people properly...

The OP was trying to ask what actually makes a man attractive to women. I agree, "masculinity" doesn't matter, money doesn't matter, job doesn't matter, all that stuff does matter but isn't the decider.

What is the most important factor is simply how open you are as a person. If you completely hide all or most parts of your personality, both outdoors and at home, both to your friends and co-workers/schoolmates and even to your own family, etc. If you're just plain secretive and not willing to be open about who you are and be yourself you won't meet much people then...

Even shy people can talk about something they like to do with someone or something they like to watch/play/eat/drink/read/whatever.

For people to be INSTERESTED in you, you have to actually be INTERESTING is what I'm saying...

Stargazer43
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2014, 10:01 pm

Eureka13 wrote:
Well, I don't know about you, Boo, but personally I don't go around talking about oversized male genitalia with my friends (male or female).

And isn't "hot engineer" an oxymoron? :P

As an engineer, I take offense to that! For the record, I've never worn a pocket protector.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2014, 10:02 pm

I'm a very open person, perhaps too much.
I meet lots of people, the question and challenge is how do they become friends. when is it appropriate. the people i meet as customers are probably not appropriate to try to make friends with.

all my friends were introduced to me by current friends. I made one friend back in 2nd grade and that spawned 20 friends who over time moved on so now it's 2.

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2014, 3:59 am

TheGoggles wrote:
Dillogic wrote:
Actually, it's because I don't want one.

It's simple to get a chick.

2cool4skool

Damn crooked, homey.

I don't think there's anything simpler than catching a chick or dude.

mr_bigmouth_502
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2014, 5:48 am

Dillogic wrote:
TheGoggles wrote:
Dillogic wrote:

2cool4skool

Damn crooked, homey.

Eh? How is picking up chicks supposed to be "easy" when even NTs go to great lengths just to try and get laid?

Azereiah
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

03 Aug 2014, 6:53 am

mr_bigmouth_502 wrote:
Dillogic wrote:
TheGoggles wrote:
Dillogic wrote:

2cool4skool

Damn crooked, homey.

Eh? How is picking up chicks supposed to be "easy" when even NTs go to great lengths just to try and get laid?

If you're going to great lengths, you're doing it wrong.

Eureka13
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2014, 8:51 am

Stargazer43 wrote:
Eureka13 wrote:
Well, I don't know about you, Boo, but personally I don't go around talking about oversized male genitalia with my friends (male or female).

And isn't "hot engineer" an oxymoron? :P

As an engineer, I take offense to that! For the record, I've never worn a pocket protector.

I was just yanking Boo's chain. :) My late fiance was an engineer and I thought he was the hottest guy to have ever walked the face of the earth (and Boo knows that I feel that way).

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2014, 12:22 pm

Klowglas wrote:
AspieOtaku wrote:
Its because were losers and are at the bottom of the barrel that's why.

lol. AspieOtaku, you are the voice of male aspie angst, you say what all of us losers are thinking.
LOL sorry someone had to say it!

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

mr_bigmouth_502
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2014, 6:48 pm

Azereiah wrote:
mr_bigmouth_502 wrote:
Dillogic wrote:
TheGoggles wrote:
Dillogic wrote:

2cool4skool

Damn crooked, homey.

By great lengths, I mean buying a nice car, working out, doing crazy stunts, becoming a musician, that kind of stuff. A lot of people do that kind of stuff in an effort to get some sex.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2014, 7:02 pm

I'm an Aspie, I've got angst....but I'm no loser!

aspiemike
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2014, 7:05 pm

mr_bigmouth_502 wrote:
Azereiah wrote:
mr_bigmouth_502 wrote:
Dillogic wrote:
TheGoggles wrote:
Dillogic wrote:

2cool4skool

Damn crooked, homey.

By great lengths, I mean buying a nice car, working out, doing crazy stunts, becoming a musician, that kind of stuff. A lot of people do that kind of stuff in an effort to get some sex.

These same guys seem to believe that women will only date them for what they have rather than who they are. Who wants that?

mr_bigmouth_502
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2014, 9:27 pm

aspiemike wrote:
mr_bigmouth_502 wrote:
Azereiah wrote:
mr_bigmouth_502 wrote:
Dillogic wrote:
TheGoggles wrote:
Dillogic wrote:

2cool4skool

Damn crooked, homey.

These same guys seem to believe that women will only date them for what they have rather than who they are. Who wants that?

Hey, I'm not saying women are like that, I'm saying that guys often do crazy things to try and get laid, that's all. Why? because they are all things that tend to impress people, and let's face it, you're more likely to get female attention if you're a guitar god with a nice bod than some slovenly dude who sits in his basement all day.