Do any ASD people have to settle with less than attractive?

Page 1 of 2 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

K_Kelly
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2014, 8:15 pm

So I am trying to be sensitive to others, that explains the politically correct inclusion of all ASDs in the thread title.

When dating with someone else, do you feel like those with ASD have no chance at all getting a less than attractive woman? Personally, I;d really do anything to get a blonde bombshell.

I don't know anything about personality, sure I can tell how physically attractive somebody is, but can anyone here tell me what I "should" find attractive in one's personality, because I can't feel it.

Boxman108
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2014, 8:30 pm

Depends on what you value. Sure there are stereotypes, and not without reason either, but there's a lot of variety out there. I suppose I can see some pattern in physical attributes of some people I've been attracted to, but most have little in common. As I've grown I've found it's more a persons' nature in combination with how easy I find them to talk to more desirable. As for whether one has to settle, I can't say for sure, but it seems many never make it that far.

While someone else is eating or opening a window or
just walking dully along...

Stargazer43
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2014, 8:30 pm

K_Kelly wrote:
Personally, I;d really do anything to get a blonde bombshell.

If your main goal in seeking a relationship with someone is to be with a "blonde bombshell", then I think that your priorities may be a bit out of place. Physical attractiveness is far from the only component to relationships, and isn't even the only component to attraction itself. What matters most is that you are both mutually attracted to and interested in each other.

K_Kelly wrote:
I don't know anything about personality, sure I can tell how physically attractive somebody is, but can anyone here tell me what I "should" find attractive in one's personality, because I can't feel it.

Have you ever been around someone that you enjoyed spending time with? If so, then you were attracted to their personality. Just multiply that by a couple of factors and you start to end up in the "love" territory.

calstar2
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

08 Sep 2014, 8:53 pm

"less than attractive" and "not blonde bombshell" are hardly the same thing.

If they are to you, then that's where you're going to want to start on changing your mindset...

Yuzu
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2014, 9:17 pm

Are you a 6-foot, 6-pack-abs blond bombshell yourself? If not, why should an attractive woman settle for you?

Venger
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2014, 10:11 pm

Yuzu wrote:
Are you a 6-foot, 6-pack-abs blond bombshell yourself? If not, why should an attractive woman settle for you?

Cause any hair-color besides black is generic on guys. Baggy clothes also look dumb on those that are well over 6 ft.(and on white guys)

Yuzu
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2014, 10:19 pm

Venger wrote:
Yuzu wrote:

Cause any hair-color besides black is generic on guys.

wut

I asked him if he was blond cuz he seems to think blond is superior to any other hair colors.

Venger
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2014, 10:21 pm

^^^
Blond/red/black/brown hair is great on women. Not generic at all.

Yuzu
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2014, 10:37 pm

^^^
Just like 6-pack is great on men. Not generic at all.

edit: hey you edited your post. You said only blond is great for women because it's not generic.

BorgPrince
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

08 Sep 2014, 10:43 pm

When you are young, you want the very best because NATURE has compelled you to seek the very best.

When you are older, you are done, you give up and don't care and settle.

Welcome to the Universe.

Venger
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2014, 10:44 pm

^^^
Didn't say only blond hair. But I edited it cause I knew someone would accuse me of that(guess they did anyway).

yellowtamarin
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2014, 12:15 am

No idea what is going on with most of the rest of this thread so I'll just respond directly to the OP. Generally (not always!), like goes for like. So you would do best by being the male equivalent of a blonde bombshell (don't ask me what that is, I don't know), in order to attract a blonde bombshell. If you are not, there is a much lower change she will be attracted to you.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2014, 1:46 am

hard to tell. for me I can't settle for someone I don't find attractive. I don't mean they ahve to be a model. I find 95% of women attractive. which means they won't like me so leaves the 5% I don't find attractive but who like me. suppose I should settle if I could.

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2014, 4:14 am

If you can't get someone who you find attractive, you have a choice:

1. Go for someone who you find less than ideal.
2. Be alone.

So no, noone is forced to settle.

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I

AlexanderDantes
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 Sep 2014, 4:44 am

I am involved with a tall, blonde, pretty woman who receives a lot of attention but we share a strong emotional bond and connection so that's a start, wanting someone for your own selfish reasons or to be a trophy is never a good one. If you are just looking a girl for the sake of having one, you should closely examine why you want someone like that. Is it something to do with acceptance? What can you bring to a relationship that can enrich another person's life or deeper their understanding or even alter their perspective in the way they see the world? You need to ask yourself these types of questions.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2014, 6:02 am

^^ I doubt most married people ask these questions to themselves before marrying; things simply happen: People love people and breed.