Page 4 of 8 [ 123 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Cafeaulait
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Jul 2012
Age: 30
Gender: Female
Posts: 2,521
Location: Europe

19 Nov 2014, 2:24 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
CynicalWaffle wrote:
anthropic_principle wrote:
CynicalWaffle wrote:
I'm not gonna say what race I am, but I won't date most women my race because they are more preoccupied with whether the guys they are dating/marrying are thugs or not (in other words, THEY ONLY DATE AND MARRY THUGS.). I'm not about that life, so that particular race is cut out for the most part. If I meet a nice lady who's part of my race who isn't my mom or my sister, that's fine, and I will look into getting to know her. But there are very good reasons for not wanting to date other races, or even your same race.


stab in the dark, you're black?


Yeah, I guess the thugs part gave it away huh


I may be incorrect, but a complaint I've encountered repeatedly both in person and in magazines like Madame Noire is a lack of suitable black men, usually combined with strongly expressing a distaste for 'thuggish' behaviour. Isn't this really just a more specific version of the utterly wrong 'all women want jerks' meme?

I don't have particularly strong racial preferences. Even living in a relatively rural small town I had pretty diverse relationships when I was younger.

I see no issue with others having racial preferences though. As repeatedly stated, people have little conscious control over their attraction. We like what we find appealing, and we don't usually have long, rational inner dialogues with ourselves dissecting the logic of what we find attractive. For all the claims otherwise, no reasonable argument has been made, no evidence offered, just repeating the word 'no'. That's not evidence for a position, that's a verbal tick. :roll:


BS. A does not neccesarily suggest B and B does not suggest C. I study psychology and I think no reasonable argument has been made for 'we don't control what we like'. Load of crap. So again: NO. Just repeating 'we don't control what we like' is no argument, that's a verbal and dogmatic tick. :roll:



funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 27 Oct 2014
Age: 38
Gender: Non-binary
Posts: 17,958
Location: I'm right here

19 Nov 2014, 2:59 pm

Cafeaulait wrote:
BS. A does not neccesarily suggest B and B does not suggest C. I study psychology and I think no reasonable argument has been made for 'we don't control what we like'. Load of crap. So again: NO. Just repeating 'we don't control what we like' is no argument, that's a verbal and dogmatic tick. :roll:


You're welcome to discount the described experiences of so many people as entirely false and insist you know how their minds work better than they know themselves. But, if you're going to do so you bear the burden of supporting your position. If you can't support your position it's bound to be discarded when people reflect upon their own experiences. I hope your continued studies lead you to start to understand psychology.


_________________
You can't buy happiness; steal it.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う


Cafeaulait
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Jul 2012
Age: 30
Gender: Female
Posts: 2,521
Location: Europe

19 Nov 2014, 3:04 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
Cafeaulait wrote:
BS. A does not neccesarily suggest B and B does not suggest C. I study psychology and I think no reasonable argument has been made for 'we don't control what we like'. Load of crap. So again: NO. Just repeating 'we don't control what we like' is no argument, that's a verbal and dogmatic tick. :roll:


You're welcome to discount the described experiences of so many people as entirely false and insist you know how their minds work better than they know themselves. But, if you're going to do so you bear the burden of supporting your position. If you can't support your position it's bound to be discarded when people reflect upon their own experiences. I hope your continued studies lead you to start to understand psychology.


No, why don't YOU support the burden of your position? Your position is not the 'H0', the null hypothesis. Most people don't have a clue about how their minds work. I understand psychology to a large extent, in fact I will be graduating summa cum laude this december with one of the best thesis written in the last 5 years :) So thank you very much, funeral.



funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 27 Oct 2014
Age: 38
Gender: Non-binary
Posts: 17,958
Location: I'm right here

19 Nov 2014, 3:58 pm

Cafeaulait wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Cafeaulait wrote:
BS. A does not neccesarily suggest B and B does not suggest C. I study psychology and I think no reasonable argument has been made for 'we don't control what we like'. Load of crap. So again: NO. Just repeating 'we don't control what we like' is no argument, that's a verbal and dogmatic tick. :roll:


You're welcome to discount the described experiences of so many people as entirely false and insist you know how their minds work better than they know themselves. But, if you're going to do so you bear the burden of supporting your position. If you can't support your position it's bound to be discarded when people reflect upon their own experiences. I hope your continued studies lead you to start to understand psychology.


No, why don't YOU support the burden of your position? Your position is not the 'H0', the null hypothesis. Most people don't have a clue about how their minds work. I understand psychology to a large extent, in fact I will be graduating summa cum laude this december with one of the best thesis written in the last 5 years :) So thank you very much, funeral.


If you're correct, that people indeed control what they like you should be able to explain how this control is expressed. You've made no attempt to explain why you're right, so why should your unsupported opinion be accepted as anything but?

My evidence is the amassed experiences of everyone saying they can't. Yours is..?


_________________
You can't buy happiness; steal it.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う


Cafeaulait
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Jul 2012
Age: 30
Gender: Female
Posts: 2,521
Location: Europe

19 Nov 2014, 4:19 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
Cafeaulait wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Cafeaulait wrote:
BS. A does not neccesarily suggest B and B does not suggest C. I study psychology and I think no reasonable argument has been made for 'we don't control what we like'. Load of crap. So again: NO. Just repeating 'we don't control what we like' is no argument, that's a verbal and dogmatic tick. :roll:


You're welcome to discount the described experiences of so many people as entirely false and insist you know how their minds work better than they know themselves. But, if you're going to do so you bear the burden of supporting your position. If you can't support your position it's bound to be discarded when people reflect upon their own experiences. I hope your continued studies lead you to start to understand psychology.


No, why don't YOU support the burden of your position? Your position is not the 'H0', the null hypothesis. Most people don't have a clue about how their minds work. I understand psychology to a large extent, in fact I will be graduating summa cum laude this december with one of the best thesis written in the last 5 years :) So thank you very much, funeral.


If you're correct, that people indeed control what they like you should be able to explain how this control is expressed. You've made no attempt to explain why you're right, so why should your unsupported opinion be accepted as anything but?

My evidence is the amassed experiences of everyone saying they can't. Yours is..?


No, because that's not neccesarily the null hypothesis. Everyone saying something is no evidence whatsoever. Masses of people say never proven things all the time and make incorrect assumptions, even about themselves. If you're correct, tell me why people cannot control anything, You've made no attempt to explain why you're right, so why should your unsupported opinion be accepted as anything but? The knife cuts both ways, funeral.



The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 16 Jun 2010
Age: 40
Gender: Male
Posts: 31,468
Location: Beirut, Lebanon.

19 Nov 2014, 4:42 pm

I am a firm believer that we CHOOSE what we like.

As I said before, racial preference in dating, like all looks-related preferences (weight, height...etc), is a form of subconscious discrimination - in this case yes, racism.

However, in dating everything is socially and politically correct -for example it is totally "fine" for women to say "I don't date shorter guy, I prefer taller" and it's "fine" for guys to say "no fat girls" and it's "fine" for whites to say "I prefer whites or Asians".

But just imagine an employer saying "I prefer a tall/slim/white candidates" - he/she would be sued for lookism/weight-ism/racism.

Don't tell me now it's not the same, yes it is, but the latter isn't socially acceptable.

And don't tell me it doesn't affect as much as it would in employments, from dating sense yes it does have a big impact; black women in US for instance have an abnormal level of celibacy - apparently due to the average racial "preference" among the men in their country which isn't in their favor.



Last edited by The_Face_of_Boo on 19 Nov 2014, 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 27 Oct 2014
Age: 38
Gender: Non-binary
Posts: 17,958
Location: I'm right here

19 Nov 2014, 4:49 pm

Cafeaulait wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Cafeaulait wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Cafeaulait wrote:
BS. A does not neccesarily suggest B and B does not suggest C. I study psychology and I think no reasonable argument has been made for 'we don't control what we like'. Load of crap. So again: NO. Just repeating 'we don't control what we like' is no argument, that's a verbal and dogmatic tick. :roll:


You're welcome to discount the described experiences of so many people as entirely false and insist you know how their minds work better than they know themselves. But, if you're going to do so you bear the burden of supporting your position. If you can't support your position it's bound to be discarded when people reflect upon their own experiences. I hope your continued studies lead you to start to understand psychology.


No, why don't YOU support the burden of your position? Your position is not the 'H0', the null hypothesis. Most people don't have a clue about how their minds work. I understand psychology to a large extent, in fact I will be graduating summa cum laude this december with one of the best thesis written in the last 5 years :) So thank you very much, funeral.


If you're correct, that people indeed control what they like you should be able to explain how this control is expressed. You've made no attempt to explain why you're right, so why should your unsupported opinion be accepted as anything but?

My evidence is the amassed experiences of everyone saying they can't. Yours is..?


No, because that's not neccesarily the null hypothesis. Everyone saying something is no evidence whatsoever. Masses of people say never proven things all the time and make incorrect assumptions, even about themselves. If you're correct, tell me why people cannot control anything, You've made no attempt to explain why you're right, so why should your unsupported opinion be accepted as anything but? The knife cuts both ways, funeral.


If a mass of people all believe they have experienced a blinding flash of light and someone comes along and insists otherwise without providing any evidence, there's no reason to take that person seriously. The person claiming they're all wrong needs to explain why that is in order to have credibility. Simply saying 'you're all wrong and know nothing of your experience' isn't an argument.

I admit, my evidence is weak. But weak evidence beats no evidence. So far you've done nothing at all to support your position. Mine is indeed weakly supported, so why not flesh out your position and demonstrate how superior your argument is? I'm sincerely interested in understanding your position. I wouldn't be bothering you to explain it if I didn't believe you may potentially be right, but since so far your argument hasn't gone beyond people make incorrect assumptions, therefore I'm right and they're wrong. So, what makes you right?


_________________
You can't buy happiness; steal it.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う


Cafeaulait
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Jul 2012
Age: 30
Gender: Female
Posts: 2,521
Location: Europe

19 Nov 2014, 5:13 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
Cafeaulait wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Cafeaulait wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Cafeaulait wrote:
BS. A does not neccesarily suggest B and B does not suggest C. I study psychology and I think no reasonable argument has been made for 'we don't control what we like'. Load of crap. So again: NO. Just repeating 'we don't control what we like' is no argument, that's a verbal and dogmatic tick. :roll:


You're welcome to discount the described experiences of so many people as entirely false and insist you know how their minds work better than they know themselves. But, if you're going to do so you bear the burden of supporting your position. If you can't support your position it's bound to be discarded when people reflect upon their own experiences. I hope your continued studies lead you to start to understand psychology.


No, why don't YOU support the burden of your position? Your position is not the 'H0', the null hypothesis. Most people don't have a clue about how their minds work. I understand psychology to a large extent, in fact I will be graduating summa cum laude this december with one of the best thesis written in the last 5 years :) So thank you very much, funeral.


If you're correct, that people indeed control what they like you should be able to explain how this control is expressed. You've made no attempt to explain why you're right, so why should your unsupported opinion be accepted as anything but?

My evidence is the amassed experiences of everyone saying they can't. Yours is..?


No, because that's not neccesarily the null hypothesis. Everyone saying something is no evidence whatsoever. Masses of people say never proven things all the time and make incorrect assumptions, even about themselves. If you're correct, tell me why people cannot control anything, You've made no attempt to explain why you're right, so why should your unsupported opinion be accepted as anything but? The knife cuts both ways, funeral.


If a mass of people all believe they have experienced a blinding flash of light and someone comes along and insists otherwise without providing any evidence, there's no reason to take that person seriously. The person claiming they're all wrong needs to explain why that is in order to have credibility. Simply saying 'you're all wrong and know nothing of your experience' isn't an argument.

I admit, my evidence is weak. But weak evidence beats no evidence. So far you've done nothing at all to support your position. Mine is indeed weakly supported, so why not flesh out your position and demonstrate how superior your argument is? I'm sincerely interested in understanding your position. I wouldn't be bothering you to explain it if I didn't believe you may potentially be right, but since so far your argument hasn't gone beyond people make incorrect assumptions, therefore I'm right and they're wrong. So, what makes you right?


Masses of people finding something is no evidence at all, because you are describing and not explaining. No evidence = no evidence. You are misplacing the burden of proof and so far you've done nothing to support your position.



Cafeaulait
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Jul 2012
Age: 30
Gender: Female
Posts: 2,521
Location: Europe

19 Nov 2014, 5:17 pm

I am going to bed now. Tomorrow I have a seminar to present.



funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 27 Oct 2014
Age: 38
Gender: Non-binary
Posts: 17,958
Location: I'm right here

19 Nov 2014, 6:38 pm

Cafeaulait wrote:
Masses of people finding something is no evidence at all, because you are describing and not explaining. No evidence = no evidence. You are misplacing the burden of proof and so far you've done nothing to support your position.


While your position is clearly strongly supported? What makes your assumption the default position?
You have nothing, if you did you'd argue for it. Let me know if you ever do come up with a case for your opinion.


_________________
You can't buy happiness; steal it.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う


Last edited by funeralxempire on 19 Nov 2014, 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TeaEarlGreyHot
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 Jul 2010
Age: 38
Gender: Female
Posts: 28,982
Location: California

19 Nov 2014, 6:40 pm

My racial preference is human


_________________
Still looking for that blue jean baby queen, prettiest girl I've ever seen.


sly279
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Dec 2013
Age: 34
Gender: Male
Posts: 16,181
Location: US

19 Nov 2014, 6:46 pm

Cafeaulait wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
CynicalWaffle wrote:
anthropic_principle wrote:
CynicalWaffle wrote:
I'm not gonna say what race I am, but I won't date most women my race because they are more preoccupied with whether the guys they are dating/marrying are thugs or not (in other words, THEY ONLY DATE AND MARRY THUGS.). I'm not about that life, so that particular race is cut out for the most part. If I meet a nice lady who's part of my race who isn't my mom or my sister, that's fine, and I will look into getting to know her. But there are very good reasons for not wanting to date other races, or even your same race.


stab in the dark, you're black?


Yeah, I guess the thugs part gave it away huh


I may be incorrect, but a complaint I've encountered repeatedly both in person and in magazines like Madame Noire is a lack of suitable black men, usually combined with strongly expressing a distaste for 'thuggish' behaviour. Isn't this really just a more specific version of the utterly wrong 'all women want jerks' meme?

I don't have particularly strong racial preferences. Even living in a relatively rural small town I had pretty diverse relationships when I was younger.

I see no issue with others having racial preferences though. As repeatedly stated, people have little conscious control over their attraction. We like what we find appealing, and we don't usually have long, rational inner dialogues with ourselves dissecting the logic of what we find attractive. For all the claims otherwise, no reasonable argument has been made, no evidence offered, just repeating the word 'no'. That's not evidence for a position, that's a verbal tick. :roll:


BS. A does not neccesarily suggest B and B does not suggest C. I study psychology and I think no reasonable argument has been made for 'we don't control what we like'. Load of crap. So again: NO. Just repeating 'we don't control what we like' is no argument, that's a verbal and dogmatic tick. :roll:


so I'm a racist then?

also if this is true then you should have no problem dating those less "intelligent" people. so go find a fat ugly, stupid person and change how you feel attracted and live the rest of your life with them.

when you can do that then the rest of us will work on overcoming our attraction preferences.

seems hypocritical of you to tell us that who we are attracted to is wrong and can be changed yet you do the same things in what you regard as intelligent . so you should be able to change how you don't feel attracted to people who are less smart.



CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Jul 2004
Age: 48
Gender: Male
Posts: 109,122
Location: On a special base where the Christmas soldiers of the world live

19 Nov 2014, 6:53 pm

So, my liking blonde hippies is dumb. I never thought of it that way. I've always thought of it as me liking blonde hippies. After all, opposites attract.

I really should cook supper. Oh yeah....I'm too dumb to cook an elaborate meal. I'll just have bacon. :wink:


_________________
Oberfeldwebel

Age: 48
Gender: Non-Binary
Pronouns: He/Him/His
IQ: 86 and I use all 86 of them.


Moostar
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

User avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2014
Age: 26
Gender: Male
Posts: 150

19 Nov 2014, 6:55 pm

TeaEarlGreyHot wrote:
My racial preference is human


lol



Moostar
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

User avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2014
Age: 26
Gender: Male
Posts: 150

19 Nov 2014, 6:59 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
If I desire a girl, I desire a girl.

Doesn't matter what race, ethnicity, creed, etc. the girl is a "member" of.

I just desire her.

Obviously, to fulfill that desire (which is not filled these days, owing to marriage), I will have to be a gentleman. That has actually worked very well for me in the past.



My thoughts as well. How can not having a racial preference is seen to be false, but picking out someone due to culture, and race is?



kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 Feb 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 85,748
Location: Queens, NYC

19 Nov 2014, 7:10 pm

Do you think Ray Davies and Dave Davies liked blonde hippies?

I don't doubt that they did!