Page 3 of 8 [ 123 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2014, 2:58 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-2luOmzMdM[/youtube]

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

ReticentJaeger
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2014, 3:20 pm

Cafeaulait wrote:
The main answer will be: "because I am only attracted to.... and I can't help what I'm attracted to" (BS imo).

Nope.

SpirosD wrote:
I don't judge people by the colors of their skin, culture or religion...But has attraction and preference when it comes to dating, then yes I do, and that I can't help it...

Yep.

Cafeaulait
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2014, 3:24 pm

ReticentJaeger wrote:
Cafeaulait wrote:
The main answer will be: "because I am only attracted to.... and I can't help what I'm attracted to" (BS imo).

Nope.

Yep.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2014, 3:25 pm

Disagree.

I don't have a racial preference for friends or coworkers etc & enjoy being around such a mixed crowd from all over the world here in Vancouver, however, I'm only sexually attracted to certain races and don't see myself ever having a relationship with someone outside that/those races.

It just is what it is. People are attracted to what they're attracted to and that's that, really. Maybe you're attracted to all races and can't understand from experience that others are only attracted to specific races? That's just something you need to wrap your mind around and accept for what it is.

ReticentJaeger
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2014, 3:30 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
Disagree.

I don't have a racial preference for friends or coworkers etc & enjoy being around such a mixed crowd from all over the world here in Vancouver, however, I'm only sexually attracted to certain races and don't see myself ever having a relationship with someone outside that/those races.

It just is what it is. People are attracted to what they're attracted to and that's that, really. Maybe you're attracted to all races and can't understand from experience that others are only attracted to specific races? That's just something you need to wrap your mind around and accept for what it is.

Yep.

Cafeaulait
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2014, 3:33 pm

ReticentJaeger wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
Disagree.

Yep.

Nope :)

Hihi.

CynicalWaffle
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

16 Nov 2014, 3:50 pm

anthropic_principle wrote:
CynicalWaffle wrote:
I'm not gonna say what race I am, but I won't date most women my race because they are more preoccupied with whether the guys they are dating/marrying are thugs or not (in other words, THEY ONLY DATE AND MARRY THUGS.). I'm not about that life, so that particular race is cut out for the most part. If I meet a nice lady who's part of my race who isn't my mom or my sister, that's fine, and I will look into getting to know her. But there are very good reasons for not wanting to date other races, or even your same race.

stab in the dark, you're black?

Yeah, I guess the thugs part gave it away huh

Moostar
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

16 Nov 2014, 4:08 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
Disagree.

I can deal with the fact that not everyone is going to be attracted to one another. I understand that everyone has a preference of their attraction. But What I don't understand is how some will based their preferences off of both ridiculous stereotypes, and lack of knowledge about one's nationally, and their history. I can understand that there are people who prefer to stick to what they are familiar with because of emotional relation. But, I'm not part of a majorly to who preferences are that. My preferences are universal. Hope some can deal with that.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2014, 4:47 pm

Moostar wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
Disagree.

I can deal with the fact that not everyone is going to be attracted to one another. I understand that everyone has a preference of their attraction. But What I don't understand is how some will based their preferences off of both ridiculous stereotypes, and lack of knowledge about one's nationally, and their history. I can understand that there are people who prefer to stick to what they are familiar with because of emotional relation. But, I'm not part of a majorly to who preferences are that. My preferences are universal. Hope some can deal with that.

I can accept that your preferences are universal just as well as I can accept that some people are pansexual.

That doesn't mean that you're ever going to be able to persuade me by any means to be more universal in who I'm naturally sexually attracted to. Trust me, if that were possible I'd convince my closest friend and long time crush to be attracted to me as more than a friend - but we can't influence what others are sexually attracted to.

You just need to fully accept that not everyone is universally attracted to others. I could give you my opinion on whether someone of any race is an attractive person or not, but I'm not sexually attracted to all races. And it's not just race as a criteria, either. Another majorly important one for me is age. I could tell you that I thought someone was a very aesthetically attractive person, but wouldn't even consider sexual relations with them if they're outside of the age range I'm attracted to.

It just is what it is man.. people have their innate preferences and that is that. Yours are yours, mine are mine, and everyone else' are whatever they happen to be. That's what you have to accept universally.

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2014, 5:35 pm

I think it is a people in glass houses thing, really it shouldn't matter, but even the most enlightened people have such preferences.

You could argue that many mixed couples are expressing a preference.

RightGalaxy
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2014, 9:54 am

Moostar wrote:
As the title displays, to have a preference to only one, or two race groups is quite foolish, and it limits a person chance to experience dating and friending multiple people. As a man who grew up befriending people who come from ethnic backgrounds. Reading up news report, and watching videos on websites from yahoo answers, and YouTube. I think its ridiculous that people make up reasons as of why they don't have interest in dating someone because of the actions of that said race. In my opinion, Having a race preference is someone trying hard to be nonracist about the type of person they want to date. Sorry if I made anyone angry, but, I had to get this out. Why would anyone want to limit themselves from another person because of the way they look, or, act? :x

Your thinking is idealistic. I'm biracial, and I prefer that people who project that they will have a problem with their families or society if they befriend me, to simply stay away from me. People do what they want.

YippySkippy
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2014, 10:12 am

I'm glad to see so many people who don't care at all what their mate looks like.
Now go marry the ugliest people you can find, and bring a little happiness to their lives.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2014, 12:03 pm

^ yes, someone should marry me.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2014, 12:09 pm

Imo, racial preference is a form of subconscious racism.

But it's not the only s**t in attraction, for example I prefer fit women and that's a subconscious weightism.

There are a lot of -ism things in attraction.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2014, 10:17 pm

If I desire a girl, I desire a girl.

Doesn't matter what race, ethnicity, creed, etc. the girl is a "member" of.

I just desire her.

Obviously, to fulfill that desire (which is not filled these days, owing to marriage), I will have to be a gentleman. That has actually worked very well for me in the past.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2014, 11:58 am

CynicalWaffle wrote:
anthropic_principle wrote:
CynicalWaffle wrote:
I'm not gonna say what race I am, but I won't date most women my race because they are more preoccupied with whether the guys they are dating/marrying are thugs or not (in other words, THEY ONLY DATE AND MARRY THUGS.). I'm not about that life, so that particular race is cut out for the most part. If I meet a nice lady who's part of my race who isn't my mom or my sister, that's fine, and I will look into getting to know her. But there are very good reasons for not wanting to date other races, or even your same race.

stab in the dark, you're black?

Yeah, I guess the thugs part gave it away huh

I may be incorrect, but a complaint I've encountered repeatedly both in person and in magazines like Madame Noire is a lack of suitable black men, usually combined with strongly expressing a distaste for 'thuggish' behaviour. Isn't this really just a more specific version of the utterly wrong 'all women want jerks' meme?

I don't have particularly strong racial preferences. Even living in a relatively rural small town I had pretty diverse relationships when I was younger.

I see no issue with others having racial preferences though. As repeatedly stated, people have little conscious control over their attraction. We like what we find appealing, and we don't usually have long, rational inner dialogues with ourselves dissecting the logic of what we find attractive. For all the claims otherwise, no reasonable argument has been made, no evidence offered, just repeating the word 'no'. That's not evidence for a position, that's a verbal tick. :roll:

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う