Night out with gf and friends

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

fernandobot
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

11 Dec 2014, 5:05 am

Hello
So I've been dating this NT girl for over 2 years and for 2 years I've been avoiding going for a night out to dance and that stuff because I really get in a bad mood when the music is too loud and don't know how to interact with people.
I really want to try and go out with my girlfriend and her friends to a dance salon this weekend as it would mean a lot to her but I'm really struggling just thinking about it and any advice or tip you friends can give me will be appreciated.

Thank you :ninja:

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2014, 9:58 am

In my experience if the music is very loud then interacting with people isn't too important, all you need to do is dance. The music is loud for dancing purposes, not for talking purposes.

As long as you dance with her I thnk she'll be happy.

fernandobot
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

12 Dec 2014, 5:09 pm

Thank you

I'll do that

okiechick
Butterfly
Butterfly

13 Dec 2014, 2:45 am

I am an NT married to an aspie. My husband says you just suffer through. We do a lot of compromising when it comes to social events. My husband doesnt dance and I try to choose places where he atleast likes the music. Sometimes we only stay a couple of hours then he lets me know he is ready to leave. I do appreciate the effort when he goes out with my friends but we don't do it too often. I agree that conversation is not super important in a dance club. Try to have a good time. If you are miserable she will feel bad about asking you to go. My husband uses ear plugs when he needs to. Www.etymotic.com for good ETY ear plugs. Good Luck!

Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2014, 4:39 am

Clubs are a bit extreme for an aspie. I couldn't do it personally. :?

It's not even the music or my inability to dance, it's being surrounded by 200+ other horny intoxicated people whom I most likely dislike a great deal.

Paukipaul
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

13 Dec 2014, 10:11 am

get a pressure hug vest and earplugs.

http://www.pressure-vest.com/

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2014, 3:48 pm

Saw this and thought of you. Hope it all went well.

Invisible Bread is my favourite online comic. I love the expressions on their little faces :D

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2014, 3:57 pm

The good thing in arabic couple dance that guys barely move....

and the line dances are easy (similar to the jewish line dance if you've ever seen it).