I think that I'm Androgynous

Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

ericc
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

05 Oct 2008, 10:43 am

This is kind of a continuing thread of my process of my life and rediscovering myself. Anyways, I believe that I'm Androgynous a little bit. I like girls who are in the masculine gender role in terms of dress, looks, talk, and behavor. Plus I feel that I can become feminine from time to time, sometimes my hand gestures, sometimes my voice is pitches high, sometimes when I think about masculine women in the masculine gener role,...strange stuff happens. It's kind of like gender role reversal sort of speak.

I have my pharapist this Wednesday, he's a society conformist and well........he can be nice to me and tell me to be who I am but how's that going to help me, tell me where to go.

I'm in the middle of trying to start expressing my Androgynous life but it's like I'm trapped because my parents are Normal Society Conformists and if they ever discover any of this, they would think that I'm sick, confused, or even homosexual even though that's not the case. They are homophobic by the way. But I'm heterosexual but a gender nonconformist.

Sex: (The body you were born as)

Two different subjects

I could say or coin a prase like Homogender or something but isn't sexuality is sexuality, gender is gender.

I'm a part of WhatisGender.net so I'm learning a lot of stuff like use Masculine, Feminine, Androgynous and Nongender to discribe behavors but never use Man or Women as terms discribing behavor otherwise you would sound sexist.

It's kind of interesting.

But anyway, I feel like I'm just a lonely soul who yerns to rebel and be a nonconformist in a Society Norm controled world.

geniuskid
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

05 Oct 2008, 11:13 am

You should be cool like me. I don't care about gender; I'm just that cool.

slowmutant
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2008, 11:58 am

Ericc: Temet Nostre

ericc
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

05 Oct 2008, 12:12 pm

slowmutant wrote:

I'm not sure what your getting at? What's that mean?

slowmutant
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2008, 12:13 pm

ericc wrote:
slowmutant wrote:

I'm not sure what your getting at? What's that mean?

Temet Nostre means Know Thyself. :wink:

ShadesOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2008, 12:13 pm

Sounds like you are pangendered. Pan means all, so that means you are all gendered. I am also Pangendered, which means I feel I am not one gendder but both or all.

slowmutant
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2008, 12:19 pm

Pangendered ... fascinating. But you are anchored in one bodily sex all the same, no? The permutations of sex/gender as they interact with society/culture are fascinating.

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2008, 12:30 pm

slowmutant wrote:

Your weakly psuedoprofound phrase in association with trident car insurance...

slowmutant
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2008, 12:34 pm

0_equals_true wrote:
slowmutant wrote:

Since when was self-knowledge considered pseudoprofound? No, no. no. It's only pseudoprofound to the person uninterested in achieving that goal.

ericc
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

05 Oct 2008, 12:43 pm

Pangendered not Pansexual right? Isn't that the same as Androgyne?

I like Genderqueer women, so does that make me Pansexual too?

crackedpleasures
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2008, 1:02 pm

I like androgyny. If a high pitched voice and hand gestures are enough to get the androgynous label, then the tag definitely applies to me. And I wear make-up as well.

I cannot help but wondering why you want to ask a therapist about this? I mean, gender roles are silly things, they are outdated norms from a conformist part of society. Why would you even care about it? If you feel right about yourself, then who cares what tag others would stick on you?

(excerpt from The Book of the Law - Aleister Crowley)

"Od lo avda tikvateinu" (excerpt from the Israeli hymn)

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2008, 1:04 pm

slowmutant wrote:
0_equals_true wrote:
slowmutant wrote:

Since when was self-knowledge considered pseudoprofound? No, no. no. It's only pseudoprofound to the person uninterested in achieving that goal.

The clue is in the word profound, it is question of intention (conscious or unconscious). He is clearly seeking knowledge, or he wouldn’t have posted. You are asking him to know himself, when it could be that you are struggling to stomach the concept yourself to the extent of not wanting him to violate one of your arbitrary laws. It is not unknown for such things to be said in propaganda spiel.

ericc
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

05 Oct 2008, 6:21 pm

ericc wrote:
Pangendered not Pansexual right? Isn't that the same as Androgyne?

I like Genderqueer women, so does that make me Pansexual too?

Anyone know?

Plus my like for masculine boyish women, would you call that "homogender"? or is there a coined prase yet?

slowmutant
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2008, 8:09 pm

The pursuit of self-knowledge was a suggestion, a recommendation from me to ericc. I didn't condescend. I was actually trying to be genuine with him since we share a common humanity.

ericc
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

05 Oct 2008, 10:34 pm

I know that lots of people told me not to worry about labels. But what if no one told me that I had Asperger's Syndrome, then I wouldn't understand my weeknesses. Same as my interest in women who conform to the masculine gender role. If I don't know what to all my special taste, I would never find it.

It's like this, say you like the taste of a rare type of Ice Cream flavor. But what if there was no name for it. Look at the years that you would have to spend to search for it.

I'm a heterosexual male who isn't so mascluine. I'm not 100% masculine nor 100% Feminine, so a word to discribe how I feel about myself is Androgyne.

Anyways, I know what kind of girls that I want. But the question is where to look, where to meet? It's so rare.

By the way, when I say conforming to the masculine gender role, I mean the stereotypical male gender role, but I learned not to use the stereotypical Gender Binary as a guide too much. It's not good for Androgynous / Gender Queer society.

Again, as an Aspie, I feel that I have people here who understand my way of thinking and Androgyne might be another community for me.

I know that feeling lonely sucks but it's like I want to date and get to know people as I date, but I can not date feminine women. I'm not attracted to that.

Cintakmarka
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

25 Dec 2014, 9:47 pm

I'm
- female
- dress androgynous/butch
- single
- seeking friends
- in NY
- vegan
- like women