My Tinder Regional Experiment - 6 countries, 6 days.

Page 8 of 11 [ 172 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2023, 10:21 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Pepe wrote:
I don't think women who use Tinder are representative of women in general.
Just my OPINION. 8)

The women who use tinder are what's known as "leftover" women (term they use in China but could equally be applied over here).

Those men in their 40s who have a basic wage are left to fight for the bottom of the barrel.

Interesting "meat market". 8)

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2023, 10:27 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Muse933277 wrote:
That statement is a bit exaggerated otherwise you wouldn't see normal looking guys with girlfriends. Although it's true that many women can be quite picky, although not to that extreme though unless your last name is Kardashian.

I'll address that. Normal looking guys with average parents have their best opportunity to snag a normal looking girl with average parents in highschool. After highschool there's a smaller number who snag a comparable woman in college.

Once you are in the workforce then the "comparable" looking women who are still single dwindles (supply.demand)
If you are still living with mum.dad and struggling to find work you may as well give up and focus on working on yourself

Not all womyn follow the social narrative of finding a mate and starting a family.
This is becoming more prevalent around the world.
It is becoming a "problem" in countries such as Japan and Taiwan.
This may change the dynamics you have presented here, over time.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2023, 12:41 am

Pepe wrote:
Not all womyn follow the social narrative of finding a mate and starting a family.

I have mentioned a few times that Japan and South Korea is a portent into the future of western countries.
Even in China millions of unmarried men are finding/seeking overseas matrimonials (the latter being a byproduct of the ill-formed one-child policy which saw millions of baby girls get buried in backyards.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2023, 12:47 am

cyberdad wrote:
Pepe wrote:

I have mentioned a few times that Japan and South Korea is a portent into the future of western countries.
Even in China millions of unmarried men are finding/seeking overseas matrimonials (the latter being a byproduct of the ill-formed one-child policy which saw millions of baby girls get buried in backyards.

Yep.
That policy bit the CCP on the bum.

BTW, Am I the only one to think parents who commit infanticide aren't really the ppl who should then have others of the right biological gender? :scratch:

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2023, 1:36 am

Pepe wrote:
BTW, Am I the only one to think parents who commit infanticide aren't really the ppl who should then have others of the right biological gender? :scratch:

Not just infanticide, remember what happened to family pets in Wuhan?

Concept of love is not quite the same over there

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2023, 4:42 am

Lecia_Wynter wrote:

The problem is male genetics. There isn't a large enough ratio of attractive males so women develop an avoidant personality.

But here where your "genetic explanation/ innate instincs" theory doesn't add up:

How comes me, the same specimen, is "genetically attractive" (lots of matches) to most women (ON TINDER) in Morocco, Tunisia, Philippines, Thailand, Indonesia but yet extremely unattractive (using the exact same pictures + bio) to most women in white-dominated European countries (ON TINDER) (almost zero matches)? Humans aren't that diversiefied across the globe, we all share the same 99.9% DNA, we don't have sub-species like other primates because there's no entire geographical isolation (there's constant exchange of genes), we are all the same exact species; so in theory we should all share very similar "innate instincts", maybe in few millions year some isolated indigenous tribes may evolve to something else but for the vast majority we're all connected.
So the only explanation I can think of is that beauty is very cutlural, humans are very devirsified culturally but not much genetically.

Last edited by The_Face_of_Boo on 24 Mar 2023, 4:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2023, 4:48 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Lecia_Wynter wrote:

The problem is male genetics. There isn't a large enough ratio of attractive males so women develop an avoidant personality.

Those chromosomes look like furries

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2023, 4:59 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Lecia_Wynter wrote:

But here where your "genetic explanation/ innate instincs" theory doesn't add up:

How comes me, the same specimen, is "genetically attractive" (lots of matches) to most women (ON TINDER) in Morocco, Tunisia, Philippines, Thailand, Indonesia but yet extremely unattractive (using the exact same pictures + bio) to most women in white-dominated European countries (ON TINDER) (almost zero matches)? Humans aren't that diversiefied across the globe, we all share the same 99.9% DNA, we don't have sub-species like other primates because there's no entire geographical isolation (there's constant exchange of genes), we are all the same exact species; so in theory we should all share very similar "innate instincts", maybe in few millions year some isolated indigenous tribes may evolve to something else but for the vast majority we're all connected.

It is not all about "Instinct".
"Culture" has a lot to do with it.

Quote:
So the only explanation I can think of is that beauty is very cutlural, humans are very devirsified culturally but not much genetically.

Yup. 8)

Lecia_Wynter
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

24 Mar 2023, 7:26 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
We lack....a lot of genes. 8O

Btw, the male chromosone is degenerating over time.

How do we fix this?

Quote:
But I'm actually seriously considering going to The Philippines to find a girlfriend. Plus I find asian women attractive in general.

I heard the cops there are worse than the US and just go around randomly murdering people who do drugs. Not sure what drugs or if pot counts as a drug.

Quote:
I'll address that. Normal looking guys with average parents have their best opportunity to snag a normal looking girl with average parents in highschool. After highschool there's a smaller number who snag a comparable woman in college.

Once you are in the workforce then the "comparable" looking women who are still single dwindles (supply.demand)
If you are still living with mum.dad and struggling to find work you may as well give up and focus on working on yourself

This is mostly correct although I have heard stories of homeless males with low income who still manage to get heterosexual relationships. And what you said earlier about teens is also correct, teenage males tend to look like handsome anime characters and as they grow older their face starts to deform into a more ogre looking appearance and dating becomes much harder.

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Humans aren't that diversiefied across the globe, we all share the same 99.9% DNA,
99% DNA arguments are not an argument. We share a lot of DNA with apes but that doesn't mean humans are exactly the same as apes, there are just a lot of similarities.

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
How comes me, the same specimen, is "genetically attractive" (lots of matches) to most women (ON TINDER) in Morocco, Tunisia, Philippines, Thailand, Indonesia but yet extremely unattractive (using the exact same pictures + bio) to most women in white-dominated European countries (ON TINDER) (almost zero matches)?

Socioeconomic reasons me thinks. Someone told me Thai girls are interested in marriage with Westerners for a financial boost. That doesn't explain all of their behavoir though, white men have an easier time finding dates in Asian locations than black men with the same income, so I think they are actually attracted to white genetics more. So the answer is both genetics and finance. Genetically you look like a semi-white passoid, you look to be possibly Middle eastern but in a Bond movie you'd be viewed as "basically one of the whiteoids" or "rich greek guy on a yacht" type vibes.

Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2023, 7:29 am

I'd love to be a rich Greek guy on a yacht.

Hollywood_Guy
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2023, 7:58 am

And apparently, men who want to marry overseas are predators, according to some women on YouTube. :x

Honey69
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2023, 11:38 am

Interesting experiment. You might consider doing a Ted Talk on your discoveries.

One thing to consider: while some countries, like the Philippines, are famous for being sources of spouses, they are also notorious sources of scammers. You aren't exactly being honest in your ads. You would need to expect that at least some of your respondents aren't exactly honest, either. Some of them will post pictures of hawt women (or men) in anticipation of asking you to send money.

China, South Korea, India and Vietnam went in for gender-selective abortion a generation ago. The surviving women of this generation are certainly going to be picky. They have a lot of men from which to choose.

Hollywood_Guy wrote:
And apparently, men who want to marry overseas are predators, according to some women on YouTube. :x

Whatever you do or don't do, someone is always going to disapprove. There are probably more women than men from North America and Europe who are going to the Caribbean and Africa for romance tours these days.

Muse933277
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2023, 12:12 pm

The world is constantly changing and 50 years from now, it may not be so easy to get a girlfriend in The Philippines anymore. This is especially true if more and more white guys start getting the idea that filipina girls are easy and they flock to there in the doves. That means more competition which makes it that much harder to meet a girl.

Another reason why it's so easy to get a filipina girlfriend is because many of them are trying to get out of the country. So if The Philippines becomes a more developed country, it may not be so easy anymore.

So enjoy it while you can because it likely wont last forever.

JimJohn
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

24 Mar 2023, 12:17 pm

Muse933277 wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
^ I ‘ve got a lot of matches in Thailand and Indonesia, problem is they don’t speak english as well as the Philippines.

Have you tried Morocco?

I should try that.

But I'm actually seriously considering going to The Philippines to find a girlfriend. Plus I find asian women attractive in general.

I believe the Phillipines is a poorer country on a whole than Thailand. That is probably part of the equation as well as the language part.

As a whole I find Phillippine women more attractive than Thai women. I know these are just random personal observations and preferences.

Phillipine women can be mixed with Spanish and have more curves. It is a little more complicated than that but the explanation points in the right direction.

I think it interesting and somewhat relevant to the topic that White American men often have different tastes in Asian women than native Asian men. Supposedly we like them smaller sized with darker skin.

I also seem to find Vietnamese women more attractive than Thai women. It is too bad though because Thailand has easy and good tourism. I do like Thai women well enough though … don’t get me wrong. Thai women are just too tall and skinny and the opposite of western in the face.

I know I have many observations that are probably incorrect. I am slightly proud of myself for actually learning some rudimentary differences even if they are ill conceived. I have come a long way.

I think I like Latin women as much as white women. So if sexual preference is any indication skin color does not matter to me. I guess that is satire alluding to the fact that sexual preference is probably not the best indicator. Latin is synonymous with sexy so that has something to do with it.

My impression of South Koreans is that they are really tall and that is only from looking at crew members of Korean Airlines and a stop over in Seoul which has a really nice expensive airport. I am kinda reveling in the fact that this observation is I’ll conceived.

Japan is 100% a first world country. They are generally whiter and more affluent than I am. I am not sure they would allow me into their country because I am not worthy. They have good steakhouses in the U.S.A.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2023, 12:28 pm

Lecia_Wynter wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
We lack....a lot of genes. 8O

Btw, the male chromosone is degenerating over time.

Quote:

I heard the cops there are worse than the US and just go around randomly murdering people who do drugs. Not sure what drugs or if pot counts as a drug.

Quote:

This is mostly correct although I have heard stories of homeless males with low income who still manage to get heterosexual relationships. And what you said earlier about teens is also correct, teenage males tend to look like handsome anime characters and as they grow older their face starts to deform into a more ogre looking appearance and dating becomes much harder.

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Humans aren't that diversiefied across the globe, we all share the same 99.9% DNA,
99% DNA arguments are not an argument. We share a lot of DNA with apes but that doesn't mean humans are exactly the same as apes, there are just a lot of similarities.

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
How comes me, the same specimen, is "genetically attractive" (lots of matches) to most women (ON TINDER) in Morocco, Tunisia, Philippines, Thailand, Indonesia but yet extremely unattractive (using the exact same pictures + bio) to most women in white-dominated European countries (ON TINDER) (almost zero matches)?

Socioeconomic reasons me thinks. Someone told me Thai girls are interested in marriage with Westerners for a financial boost. That doesn't explain all of their behavoir though, white men have an easier time finding dates in Asian locations than black men with the same income, so I think they are actually attracted to white genetics more. So the answer is both genetics and finance. Genetically you look like a semi-white passoid, you look to be possibly Middle eastern but in a Bond movie you'd be viewed as "basically one of the whiteoids" or "rich greek guy on a yacht" type vibes.

Quote:
How do we fix this?

We can’t, we will either in some millions years go extinct or evolution may “find its way” - some lizard species are all-females for isntance.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2023, 12:57 pm

Muse933277 wrote:
The world is constantly changing and 50 years from now, it may not be so easy to get a girlfriend in The Philippines anymore. This is especially true if more and more white guys start getting the idea that filipina girls are easy and they flock to there in the doves. That means more competition which makes it that much harder to meet a girl.

Another reason why it's so easy to get a filipina girlfriend is because many of them are trying to get out of the country. So if The Philippines becomes a more developed country, it may not be so easy anymore.

So enjoy it while you can because it likely wont last forever.

Actually, based on what I have observed, they often want to take their men to their country rather than living outside it.
It is not a true stereotype that “most Filipinas are trying to get out of the country”, this is false.